Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a bad thought offered by Nuclear Fusion, people, emphasis on “interpreted”. Remember last year. I’ve already heard same sentiment in YouTube videos, even from Tesla bulls, questioning the Model Y order book strenght.
When the Model Y reveal was announced circa early March 2019, the stock went down by over 40% in the 3 months to June & didn’t recover the losses until October. A big positive for the company was taken negatively as a cynical attempted stock pump. Now those cars are about to be delivered well ahead of schedule, let alone the most bearish schedules. So the retail investors were right & the ‘masses’ were wrong. So it’s about interpreting what others might think

Reactions: BenPrice
That was my thought on reading that highly informative article. Where is Tesla's bugler? This is why Tesla will fail. Not enough buglers deployed for when they move crates and pallets. At a minimum toot on a kazoo to signal that they are moving stuff.

Or is this a nefarious part of the Tesla secret bankwuptcy plan? Move out all the machinery and product to a different warehouse they have to pay rent for instead of keeping it at the building that NY built for them so they can spend money storing that stuff somewhere else. This is all some Deep State stuff that only the crack staff reporters at Buffalo's finest news station.
They are putting the stuff where they are hiding the copper.

So far this pullback is meh. I'd like to accumulate more shares in the low $400s, but I don't think we've got nearly enough bearish sentiment set in to get us there. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to snatch a few more shares. Otherwise, I'm happy to hold on to the shares I've got.

BTW, I'm looking forward to all the hiccups Tesla will have ramping up the Y. C'mon folks we need much more handwringing on cannibalizing and osbourning the Model 3. Drama, people, we need more drama.
The secondary raise has reset the range for tsla. I would say 750 is what 300 used to be in old days. It may see a 400s one day (who knows) but then you should buy with whatever cash you have or can arrange. I wouldn’t bet too much on seeing 400s but we all have been witnesses to madness around tsla.

So far this pullback is meh. I'd like to accumulate more shares in the low $400s, but I don't think we've got nearly enough bearish sentiment set in to get us there. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to snatch a few more shares. Otherwise, I'm happy to hold on to the shares I've got.

BTW, I'm looking forward to all the hiccups Tesla will have ramping up the Y. C'mon folks we need much more handwringing on cannibalizing and osbourning the Model 3. Drama, people, we need more drama.
So who is going to pull the trigger and buy a share at $420.69?

Okay thanks. Well, to be clear, I'm not a care bear, just worried about the losses. I'm sure it'll turn around eventually. As a Canadian, the USD losses are amplified even more with the stronger USD.
If you haven't sold, there are no losses. Stop posting and read the last 300 pages of this thread.

*Shrug* we've got more than 100,000,000 people in this country who still maintain a strong fear of Islamist terrorist, despite the fact that they kill fewer people each year than lightning strikes. Fear on this scale is an emotional reaction to perceived danger rather than real.
I think you are not seeing the root of the issue. And I hope you enjoy this post.
every individual's psyche is set-up to operate based on what is happening to the 50 people in their clan. We are subconsciously programmed to treat anything we are told has happened as if it happened to you and your people. Our minds have not evolved to compartmentalize the difference between "the news" and your momma. If you hear it happened you mentally ingest it as being close to you, and therefore you feel like it is a real risk of happening to you. It is the genetic default in your mind.
Most people stay at this level of deception. They react to 50 people having corona on a cruise ship as if they were on the cruise ship... or their family is. And THAT is their world. And they react to that by doing stupid *sugar*. Like selling TSLA. Sure they make up a reason like, "The world economy is collapsing." But their emotion is one where they believe they and their community of 50 people is crumbling.
The easiest way to avoid reacting wrong to the news is to not watch it. The real way is to recognize we are a species that have evolved to live in very small communities, and we feel and react to the outside world in an exaggerated manner, and then not react without that view taken.
And that is why Islamic terrorist scare so many people more than lightning does.

Macros have been recovering a lot faster than TSLA, and closer to 800 benefits MM's. Looks like whomever was holding us down is running out of juice.
Been through a couple airports today and I’ve only seen 2 people wearing breathing mask..my guess People don’t want to miss out on the recovery so this is going to drive markets forward tomorrow. People got the message that this is bad, now they will anticipate the breakthrough on the weekend.

not advice, just waiting on some disagrees haha

That the RWD Model Y is now ‘prepare for delivery’ may be interpreted as low demand & having an effect on stock price

People are making way too big of a fuss out of the change to the web site showing "prepare for delivery" on pretty much all Model Y reservations/orders. Yet as far as I have seen only people with AWD/Performance orders with the black interior have gotten emails asking them to provide days that they are available to take delivery. i.e. There are no eminent deliveries of Model Ys that are RWD or have a white interior.

Last edited:
For another point, if you just bought your very first shares at $900, the best thing that could happen is that the price tumbles to $300 or below. Either you will run screaming from the stock and never look back, or you will back the truck up and buy a bunch more shares at an ungodly cheap price. Either way you are much better off not looking to the market for confirmation.

Last edited:
I used to harp constantly on the Model X falcon wing doors, but I think I got on people's nerves so I stopped posting about it. However, I still honestly think they are one of Elon's biggest mistakes (which, honestly, there haven't been a ton). But, I have always felt those doors held up production, cost a TON to deign and engineer, drove the cost of the car up unreasonably, and cost Tesla millions upon millions in warranty repair costs.

So today, I can across this 1 year review. The presenter was revealing his thoughts after 1 year of ownership and whether he would recommend the X. His answer was a flat out NO. And the main reason why - the falcon wing doors. I couldn't help but coming and posting this because I'm still hoping those damn things will one day go away. But NOT the self-presenting doors!!

Tesla's biggest product yet is launching in two weeks and the media isn't mentioning it at all. Their bias against Tesla is annoying but it sure makes for easy trading sometimes.
For me the Semi is the most important automotive product in Tesla’s history. It’s purely a dollars & cents driven product & could easily grab a greater market share than for any other vehicle they have or will ever make

Ah, now today’s action makes sense: China registrations down 46% in January from December :eek:

571F67C9-E666-4C60-BF45-FB0106924AD6.jpeg