Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think this makes sense... It's changing as a percentage. Whether it's dollars or pesos makes no difference(at least, outside changes in the relative currency values when you buy vs sell, but then a strengthening dollar would help you, not hurt you).
Well,U CAD has increased from 1.32 to 1.34. If I was profiting, yes that would be fantastic but since I have losses, it increases them.

Well,U CAD has increased from 1.32 to 1.34. If I was profiting, yes that would be fantastic but since I have losses, it increases them.

That... still doesn't make sense. Sure, the slice of the pie you lost is bigger, but that's because the whole pie is bigger. If you take the amount you had going in and how much you'd have if you sold now, you'd have a slightly larger percentage than implied by the drop. The increase in the USD has lowered your actual net losses, not increased them.

• Helpful
Reactions: humbaba
Taking shots at me for no good reason. As long as it adds to your emotional balance, I am OK with it.

You might want to reread what you wrote. Regardless, I always say that if the shoe doesn’t fit, then stop trying to jam it onto your foot. Zero reason to be upset if none of it applies to you. Only when you hit the target does it scream.

My point is that people were way too quick to call bottoms and yell out BTFD the past few days, insofar as TSLA is concerned.

Ha! If that was your point then you’re one sentence above does it. It’s not what you originally wrote.

And for the record, I don’t actually disagree with you on this point. I find it equally tiresome to read ‘the bottom is such and such, the top is such and such, watch the stock retest such and such, there’s a gap that has to be filled at such and such..

FWIW, bought more long terms at 682 today. Will continue to do so if TSLA keeps plummeting.

I’ve no doubt you’ll be richly rewarded down the road.

Hope you get to enjoy your island.

That’ll apparently depend entirely on @Unpilot .

You might want to reread what you wrote. Regardless, I always say that if the shoe doesn’t fit, then stop trying to jam it onto your foot. Zero reason to be upset if none of it applies to you. Only when you hit the target does it scream.

Ha! If that was your point then you’re one sentence above does it. It’s not what you originally wrote.

And for the record, I don’t actually disagree with you on this point. I find it equally tiresome to read ‘the bottom is such and such, the top is such and such, watch the stock retest such and such, there’s a gap that has to be filled at such and such..

I’ve no doubt you’ll be richly rewarded down the road.

That’ll apparently depend entirely on @Unpilot .
Your doomed.

That the RWD Model Y is now ‘prepare for delivery’ may be interpreted as low demand & having an effect on stock price

Not a bad thought offered by Nuclear Fusion, people, emphasis on “interpreted”. Remember last year. I’ve already heard same sentiment in YouTube videos, even from Tesla fans, questioning the Model Y order book strenght.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: mickificki
Coulkd it be said thats its actually quite a nice sign of maturity that the model Y backlog may not be that big...
I mean... sure, pre-order a Tesla roadster back-in-the-day to keep the company afloat while they build your and enjoy being an early adopter of the exciting new tech...

But Tesla is now worth > 100 bazillion dollars. They are not about to go bankrupt. They don't need your deposit to build the thing. And tesla are now so popular and dare I say it *mainstream* that ordinary car people are expected to buy them, not super-fanboys.

I means...in reality... what kind of fruitcake pre-orders a car they have never ever sat in? I'm the biggest tesla fanboy around, and I didn't order my S without a test drive, and if I get a Y (very tempted), I will wait until I can do a test drive here in the UK.

Mass market cars are not a pre-order phenomena.

So far this pullback is meh. I'd like to accumulate more shares in the low $400s, but I don't think we've got nearly enough bearish sentiment set in to get us there. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to snatch a few more shares. Otherwise, I'm happy to hold on to the shares I've got.

BTW, I'm looking forward to all the hiccups Tesla will have ramping up the Y. C'mon folks we need much more handwringing on cannibalizing and osbourning the Model 3. Drama, people, we need more drama.

Your doomed.

People need to shift focus from current world issues and pay more attention to the developing @Krugerrand and @Unpilot feud.

If TSLA follows Ark's investment forecast at 7k things could get very ugly. A purchase of Iceland would become feasible (although questionable due to climate) which would put @KarenRei directly in the middle of a TMC civil war.

Sorry to distract anyone from today's panic...please continue.

So far this pullback is meh. I'd like to accumulate more shares in the low $400s, but I don't think we've got nearly enough bearish sentiment set in to get us there. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to snatch a few more shares. Otherwise, I'm happy to hold on to the shares I've got.
I guess you are bored, and love to have forum members jump all over you :)

Don't they usually hire a marching band and invite the press when they move crates and loaded pallets out of a Gigafactory?
That was my thought on reading that highly informative article. Where is Tesla's bugler? This is why Tesla will fail. Not enough buglers deployed for when they move crates and pallets. At a minimum toot on a kazoo to signal that they are moving stuff.

Or is this a nefarious part of the Tesla secret bankwuptcy plan? Move out all the machinery and product to a different warehouse they have to pay rent for instead of keeping it at the building that NY built for them so they can spend money storing that stuff somewhere else. This is all some Deep State stuff that only the crack staff reporters at Buffalo's finest news station can comprehend.

Last edited: