Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW., I'm pretty sure Elon is going to be there.

That would be a good sign!

Not only we hope, he will be there:

"We expect the groundbreaking in the course of the second half of March," says Steinbach in an interview with the F.A.Z. “I would like Elon Musk to come to Germany again for this. That would be an important signal for the local people. ”
Brandenburg Minister of Economics Jörg Steinbach

-from the article above.

German Newspaper FAZ reports Ground breaking ceremony of the European Gigafactory GF4 to take place in march.

F.A.Z. exklusiv: Spatenstich für Tesla-Fabrik ist für März geplant

Sorry, google didn't translates the link.
"Jörg Steinbach will not forget November 12, 2019. For months, the Brandenburg economy minister had advertised that the American electric car manufacturer Tesla should build its planned European factory in Brandenburg. Then suddenly everything happened very quickly. On the morning of that day, Tesla founder Elon Musk took a personal look at the area in Grünheide. In the afternoon he made things clear with Steinbach in the Berlin luxury hotel Adlon. And in the evening he announced at a car award ceremony: It will be Berlin! Well, almost. Grünheide is located around 20 kilometers southeast of the capital."​

Cheers!

Not only we hope, he will be there:

"We expect the groundbreaking in the course of the second half of March," says Steinbach in an interview with the F.A.Z. “I would like Elon Musk to come to Germany again for this. That would be an important signal for the local people. ”
Brandenburg Minister of Economics Jörg Steinbach

-from the article above.

Yeah, Elon will not ignore a public invitation like that, but I'm pretty sure he'd be there anyway if the building permit is issued, no matter what.

Dow is solidly in the green now, with a +450 points (+1.7%) implied open:

upload_2020-3-2_9-17-13.png

Folks,

Thursday's Close was $679.00 and Friday's Low was $611.52

If any trading occurred at the following share price on Friday, that would have triggered the curcuit breaker again (ironically, already in effect on Friday for all the good it did):

$679 - 10% = $611.10

Jus' sayin'. That's how close we got to triggering the "Uptick Rule" again for today: 42 cents

Looks like Shortzes walked right up to the line w/o crossing it... but there is no manipulation of TSLA, right? :p

Cheers!

Well, at some point there will be a big jump. There will be the “every Y sold is a 3 not sold” narrative. Keenly awaiting the Q1 delivery report.

The narrative will be difficult to quash, because until Tesla has spare battery production capacity, years away, a Y does steal the pack from a 3. (The Q mob will allege it stole the buyer - need a way to prove that false).

Yes, there’s a bonus $4k margin on the Y. That’s a nice consolation, but even better will be to have all lines maxed. Panasonic have added cell lines and sped up lines, but it hasn’t been fast enough for Tesla.
Is there any evidence that Panasonic have added more production lines? Last I heard from carsonight tweets was 8k packs per week from existing lines.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

VW chief defies sceptics with ambitious electric car plan
Herbert Diess wants to sell 26m emission-free vehicles in 9 years, overtaking rivals including Tesla

Launched in November to great fanfare by Angela Merkel, Germany’s chancellor, the car, which will be priced at about €30,000 and is due to go on sale in August, will feature a 4G-enabled, centralised software system."

"“There is no other alternative to electric cars,” he said, in an office overlooking the sprawling factory halls and railway tracks that criss-cross VW’s historic home."

“[Mr Musk] is taking risks which we couldn’t,” said Mr Diess. “So I think we make a good pair because he is pulling ahead and we are fast followers, we try to keep as close as possible.”"

“The big differentiator in the future will be software, direct customer contact, the car becoming an internet device,” said the chief executive, who is pouring roughly €8bn into software development in Berlin, Bavaria, the US and China. “This is our biggest effort.”"

"Jörg Steinbach will not forget November 12, 2019. For months, the Brandenburg economy minister had advertised that the American electric car manufacturer Tesla should build its planned European factory in Brandenburg. Then suddenly everything happened very quickly. On the morning of that day, Tesla founder Elon Musk took a personal look at the area in Grünheide. In the afternoon he made things clear with Steinbach in the Berlin luxury hotel Adlon. And in the evening he announced at a car award ceremony: It will be Berlin! Well, almost. Grünheide is located around 20 kilometers southeast of the capital."​

Cheers!
Think how many committees this decision would have gone through in a different company.

Elon just took the advice of his team, took a quick squiz at the plot, double checked the transportation capacity and announced it on the same day. Any company without a strong founder just can't move that fast.

Folks,

Thursday's Close was $679.00 and Friday's Low was $611.52

If any trading occurred at the following share price on Friday, that would have triggered the curcuit breaker again (ironically, already in effect on Friday for all the good it did):

$679 - 10% = $611.10

Jus' sayin'. That's how close we got to triggering the "Uptick Rule" again for today: 42 cents

Looks like Shortzes walked right up to the line w/o crossing it... but there is no manipulation of TSLA, right? :p

Cheers!

Well, there wasn't a particularly big volume spike at the low, and it coincided with a Nasdaq index low as well, so it could easily have been dip-buyers putting limit orders just above the 10% breaker, in the knowledge that price action is often bullish after the circuit breaker gets triggered or extended.

If there's a good macro rally today as futures are indicating so far, then I don't think the shortz are going to have the firepower to manufacture a dip again, absent genuine negative news. Never say never though, so not advice. :D

Tesla starts shipping Model Y truckloads out of the factory - Electrek

Remember there is going to be a jump in the share price when the media finally starts reporting on imminent Model Y deliveries. CNBC, Bloomberg, Yahoo, and Reuters have said nothing so far. Maybe seeing cars on transport trucks will finally get them to do their jobs.
Hopefully, but macros appear to be ruling the market for now. I doubt model Y announcements will do much until the fear dies down.

The market still needs to digest a pretty hairy Q1 earnings season where many companies will be impacted by supply chain disruption and reduced demand.

Hopefully, but macros appear to be ruling the market for now. I doubt model Y announcements will do much until the fear dies down.

I expect it to be like the Model 3 ramp-up: the mass-media reports are going to be backward looking and are going to ignore the Model Y until the evidence is staring them in the face and CleanTechnica/Elektrek is stealing more headlines and eyeballs via "Model Y breaks new record" reports. :D

Note all the bombastic reporting about the Taycan 'unveil' and start of production around September last year? It was an expensive marketing operation by Volkswagen-Porsche. Reporters were flown in, Porsche got favorable coverage, and the paid advertising departments of big newspapers and online sites (also known as the "auto section") fully knew what Porsche expects them for lucrative followup Taycan adverts.

Tesla does none of that, so the Model Y will only be reported favorably 'for free' by few of these outlets, and quite a few are going to troll Tesla and will try to score points with VW (largest advertiser in the world) with unfavorable/negative coverage.

Ugh, my funds are supposed to clear into my account today, and Tesla is likely to be positive along with the rest of the markets.

Just my luck again.
You need a more positive internal monologue, damn

The shares I bought on Friday are up almost a hundred bucks each already. Just saying

The EZB informed that in Europe if a economy weakness happens they would support markets with measures.

They continue to state that they don't see any necessarily right now and state that they believe that the fear of the virus may be worse for the economy than the virus itself.

There is still a ton of FUD in the market and misinformation does continue unfortunately.

Markets in Europe are up and TSLA in Frankfurt at $730

The market surely looks like an addict that needs a shot of morphine once in a while...this does not inspire confidence.
In contrast, Tesla is stronger than ever.

In other news, last Friday my stop loss on my spread bets opened back in November was triggered (was away for work and I had to add a stop loss in case of market meltdown...so the shorts got me there :oops: ). Because I am lucky.
Lost almost 40% of my gains there from the max at 930SP. Still good returns, but this was pretty depressive.

Now the question is really what to do. Enter now and assume there is a rally. Or wait, as this could be a rally based on sand.
Any 'not advice' is welcome.

Shares, of course, holding strong. I actually plan to add more a bit later today.

Last edited: