Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The assets of the elderly do not dissappear when they die. They get inherited. The recipients of whom generally blow a large portion of them in relatively short order, rather than spreading out their value over years or decades as the elderly individual would have.

Economic value is created by those who work. Economic value is consumed by those who do not work. All economic activity reduces down to human labour. Savings of money is just an accumulation of IOUs for work, based on past work.
I understand where you are coming from and concur on productive economic side which includes services sector. Elderly are a source of demand, which will go away. Heirs have a different spending structure and in aggregate a large debt load, so we could expect a rebalancing of demand and diminished one since they may spend it to reduce a debt load. Less spenders = less money made by someone else = less gdp, especially in service oriented economies.

The assets of the elderly do not dissappear when they die. They get inherited. The recipients of whom generally blow a large portion of them in relatively short order, rather than spreading out their value over years or decades as the elderly individual would have.

Economic value is created by those who work. Economic value is consumed by those who do not work. All economic activity reduces down to human labour. Savings of money is just an accumulation of IOUs for work, based on past work.

Only fly in the ointment is that the assets were acquired on the tab of the next 2 generations. Of course if someone took out a loan I had to pay for, enjoying the proceeds definitely puts a salve on the wound;)

Fire Away!
(It’s (STILL) the batteries, Stupid!)

This just in!!! "Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas cut his price target on Tesla Inc. shares to $480 from $500 Thursday while also trimming his forecast for 2020 deliveries."

Truly astounding, how does this guy have the genius ability to properly cut the price target by $20? And the timing of it is just beyond stellar. So earth-shattering! This changes so much of the strategy we should all have for the stock!

I truly hope one day, I can get to meet Adam, so I can tell my grandkids in the distant future, hopefully, that I lived among giants.

(why don't have we have a turd emoji here? I wanted to use one after the "giant" word in my above sentence).

How long will the upstick rule be in effect?
The Uptick Rule stays in effect for 2 days (the remainder of the day in which it is invoked, and the following trading day), so until Monday. Not that Market Makers have been repecting the uptick rule over the past 6 weeks.

I will be watching the proportion of naked short selling by MMs very carefully today and tomorrow.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from and concur on productive economic side which includes services sector. Elderly are a source of demand, which will go away. Heirs have a different spending structure and in aggregate a large debt load, so we could expect a rebalancing of demand and diminished one since they may spend it to reduce a debt load. Less spenders = less money made by someone else = less gdp, especially in service oriented economies.

Speaking purely from an economic analysis, Karen has it 100% right. The single biggest expenditure of the elderly is health care. And most of it doesn't come out of their pockets but from the federal coffers. That is a net drag on the economy that goes above and beyond the regular spending of the elderly.

And from the perspective of demand for new Tesla's going forward, nothing spurs demand for high margin variants like the huge influx of inheritance money that a pandemic like this will bring. People will be buying Performance Model Y's before their inheritance hits probate.

Some people may find this a distasteful subject but an investor has to look at the unvarnished truth. Just because something will have beneficial results doesn't mean we have to hope for that outcome.

Speaking purely from an economic analysis, Karen has it 100% right. The single biggest expenditure of the elderly is health care. And most of it doesn't come out of their pockets but from the federal coffers. That is a net drag on the economy that goes above and beyond the regular spending of the elderly.

And from the perspective of demand for new Tesla's going forward, nothing spurs demand for high margin variants like the huge influx of inheritance money that a pandemic like this will bring. People will be buying Performance Model Y's before their inheritance hits probate.

Some people may find this a distasteful subject but an investor has to look at the unvarnished truth. Just because something will have beneficial results doesn't mean we have to hope for that outcome.
All true...but keep in mind we shall all walk in those (elderly) shoes some day.

As I have been saying for days on here, the real test comes at Nasdaq 7300-7400...if we hold this level we can still be in a very longterm bull...if it doesn't hold I would fully expect a full 50-66% retrace from the highs....if this level doesn't hold, lives will change...I am not saying this be over dramatic or fear mongering, just stating a fact...the people who will hate my post are the ones who are not prepared or not willing to prepare or just against my post based on fear itself....I have seen this before.

7300 Naz target hit as predicted and yes we also hot the circuit breaker like I thought we would...3-4 days ago when I said Naz 7300 would be hit not many believed me, they didnt want to believe me...we absolutely must hold this level today and rest of week or this is gonna get real ugly like full on long term bear.

Bought first tranche off TSLA at 564.00 this morning....will watch now.

For societies sake, I really hope Naz 7300 holds.

Yes, but let's get through the margin call first.

Well....Custom Orders for the East Coast are done for this Quarter. Now 8-12 weeks out.
I want to take this as a good sign of strong demand but I am not sure that I can. Regardless of demand, it's difficult to get a custom order out to the East Coast in 2 weeks. However, I have noted that existing inventory on the east coast is dropping and I will montior this to see if we stock-out before quarter end.

upload_2020-3-12_10-6-20.png