Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a very capable imagination. But I can not imagine how this stock can be manipulated this strongly. Can someone provide some understanding?
There’s been lower volume lately so they can typically run it down then let it follow macros around. It’s all about where they let it go at. Today everything started trending down so Tesla gets dropped low after opening then goes even further down just through market selling. I think they’ve been doing it since markets went bad. Someone can explain it better than me

Reactions: JusRelax
Bought a single June '22 650 Call here. I'm sitting on quite a few DITM Jan 21 calls that I have always planned on rolling up and forward after they reach long-term tax treatment starting end of May.

Maybe doubly stupid to buy the replacements early, but I couldn't resist a little nibble.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Lol, do you read this forum?! It's called the "Market Maker's exemption to naked short selling".

It's come up here before. /s

Couldn't Tesla hire a few lawyers (and you) to collect all these numbers and then sue SEC or whoever for 52 trillion or something? At least that would get everyones attention. I know Elon has other things on his plate but it's not like he has to do it personally.

Did I see the same headline yesterday? Did not click it then either. Must be recycled fake news.
Or help us out and explain, please.
I looked. Its just re-hashing the lawsuit and first paragraph has:

Elon Musk is expected to defend a $2.2 billion deal in court next week criticized by shareholders as benefiting Musk at the expense of Tesla Inc,
where "by shareholders" should, at most, be "by some shareholders." This is usual exaggeration and part of the usual trying to keep up the appearance that Musk is either crazy, a fraud, greedy billionaire, or all of the above. Its just trash.

I don't think this is market manipulation .... it's simply fear. I'm trying my best not to make any rash decisions but my IRA is 100% TSLA and I'm kicking myself for not following my initial instinct to sell a good portion of that about $250 higher just a week ago.

Biggest thing causing fear is our administration's utter lack of messaging .... coming from the top where Trump has no idea what he is even saying in his own oval office address. This admin is flying by the seat of their pants as they always have ... only difference is this is now a health issue and people are taking it more seriously. We elected a con man who couldn't run a lemonade stand and is a pathological liar to boot .... now this country is paying the price.

This virus is not the end of humanity ... and if we took steps weeks ago (large scale testing) instead of having rallies where we referred to the virus as a hoax and a way for political parties to try and impeach the president ... we would be a lot better off.

Cheers to the longs .... I do believe it will be ok in the end but it is going to cause a lot of pain for now.

FCAU + 4%
BMW + 5.8%
Daimler + 1.5%
VW + 0%

TSLA - 10%

where is the future again?

I think TSLA has lost a lot of supporters on this board for fear of things that are not related to Tesla performance.
For this TSLA share price recovery may become difficult even with good news.
Short sellers have scored huge victories here, financially and psychologically.
When strong longs like Curt cash out of TSLA 100%, shorts celebrate!
They sense the capitulation, as other formerly strong longs also cash out 100%.
Short interests have now been richly rewarded for their efforts.
Naked shorting by MM’s has been so successful, expect it to only get much worse from here.

I won’t sell TSLA, even though I need the cash. Not leveraged, and don’t play options and don’t gamble.
I know I am being manipulated, that my interest as a shareholder is held in perfect contempt by the Market Makers of Wall Street, and their employees at the SEC. I know they think that we investors are there to be “harvested.”
But I’m stubborn that way. Probably going to end up in the poor house over it, since I likely won’t have enough time to make it up. But without TSLA I see no future for our children, so shorts will just have to shoot me, I’m not going to reward them.
I am invested in the company and not the stock, and as far as I can see the company is still performing better on its fundamental mission, than any other entity I know of on the earth, public or private. Tesla Is working for a better future faster, and more effectively than any government or industry player I know of.

My daughter will inherit my TSLA shares, for + or -, and with that, maybe a little hope for the future of life on this planet.
My sense of hope is following the market today.
Sadness and disappointment growing in inverse proportion.
Most everything is shut down around here, schools and universities closed.
Even churches, or any gatherings of friends for coffee have all been cancelled.
No place to go, can’t work, can’t make extra cash.
Just have to hunker down, stay home, and live with less.

BTW, is Covid-19 really a more serious threat to our future than climate change?

I looked. Its just re-hashing the lawsuit and first paragraph has:

where "by shareholders" should, at most, be "by some shareholders." This is usual exaggeration and part of the usual trying to keep up the appearance that Musk is either crazy, a fraud, greedy billionaire, or all of the above. Its just trash.

Why should Musk have to defend the package, he didn't vote for it, should be the rest of the board, if anyone.

The only "shareholders" taking this action are the ones that keep some stock just so they can cause nuisance. Bunch of a-holes, pure and simple. Real investors are happy with the deal.

Some days it can be very dis-spiriting, eh., but I guess that's what these w*nkers are trying to achieve, but despite the stress it just strengthens my resolve.

Couldn't Tesla hire a few lawyers (and you) to collect all these numbers and then sue SEC or whoever for 52 trillion or something? At least that would get everyones attention. I know Elon has other things on his plate but it's not like he has to do it personally.
I'm not a lawyer, but I think the problem is that what we have does not constitute proof. It is certainly indicative, and is readily sufficient to form the basis of opening an investigation. The thing is, if the SEC were doing its job it would -- and then it would have the access to get the proof which could then be used in prosecution.

The thing is, the SEC is made up of people. And those people have no interest in suing their future employers (when they leave the SEC). Since they have no interest in prosecution, why would they open an investigation?

In the context that was written, I agree that TSLA will "flow with the macros" but I'm taking exception to the "until this is over" part.

I'm of the opinion that while Coronavirus will likely depress markets for some time, good TSLA news is likely to come and will cause TSLA to break from the macros. Of course the flip-side also holds true, bad TSLA news, for example a halt to production, etc., would cause TSLA to break from the macros to the downside. But TSLA is the future and I think it will lead the market out of this storm.

History is full of examples of companies with fast-growing revenues and profits bucking the tide in extended market downturns and TSLA has the necessary potential growth to do just that.
Can you give us the names of those companies?

Why should Musk have to defend the package, he didn't vote for it, should be the rest of the board, if anyone.

The only "shareholders" taking this action are the ones that keep some stock just so they can cause nuisance. Bunch of a-holes, pure and simple. Real investors are happy with the deal.

Some days it can be very dis-spiriting, eh., but I guess that's what these w*nkers are trying to achieve, but despite the stress it just strengthens my resolve.
Musk has to defend it because everyone else caved, deciding that a settlement to make the lawsuit go away was worth it. Musk has stuck to his principles and will be defending them in court. But this is not news. And the article was misleadingly framed. I do not recommend reading it.

On the bright side, folks, it's happening:

Twitter

upload_2020-3-13_9-6-12.png