Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother claims that he picked up his car yesterday in Cal, after telling sales that his check may bounce... and it did! Full amount, not financed. All his money, with the rest in TSLA Options. Here's to believing in Tesla!

My take is that was counted as a delivery which trumps all right now. He is good for it and he sent a pic with the car at home. Interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/18/volkswagen-bmw-cars-coronavirus/
VW Europe shutting down.

"Factories in Germany, Slovakia, Spain and Portugal will wind down, as will components plants throughout in Europe. Production is expected to stop for two weeks, initially."
All 4 big Hungarian car factories - Audi, Opel, Suzuki, Mercedes - have shut down as well. The Audi factory is relevant to EVs as this is where they make the electric motors for the e-tron.

My brother claims that he picked up his car yesterday in Cal, after telling sales that his check may bounce... and it did! Full amount, not financed. All his money, with the rest in TSLA Options. Here's to believing in Tesla!

My take is that was counted as a delivery which trumps all right now. He is good for it and he sent a pic with the car at home. Interesting.
It should count. They delivered it so they can recognize that revenue.

All 4 big Hungarian car factories - Audi, Opel, Suzuki, Mercedes - have shut down as well. The Audi factory is relevant to EVs as this is where they make the electric motors for the e-tron.
So they might only make 100 Etrons this year instead of 125? ;)

Reuters:

UPDATE 1-Tesla California factory operating normally despite county coronavirus lockdown order -witnesses

By Nathan Frandino and Shannon Stapleton
FREMONT, Calif., March 18 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc's <TSLA.O>
U.S. vehicle factory in California on Wednesday appeared to
operate normally despite an order by the county's sheriff's
office to comply with a three-week lockdown in the San Francisco
Bay Area to rein in the spread of coronavirus.
Thousands of cars were visible on the factory's employee
parking lot and employees were going to work, Reuters witnesses
saw.
Several 18-wheeler container trucks were also seen pulling
onto the factory grounds, according to the witnesses.
Alameda County, where the Fremont factory is based, is one
of six covered by a "shelter in place" order from regional
authorities that limits activity, travel and business functions
to only the most essential, and advises people to stay home
except for the most crucial reasons.
The county's sheriff's office on Tuesday afternoon said
Tesla is not considered an essential business under that order
and cannot continue to operate its factory normally.
Tesla can only maintain minimum basic operations under the
order, the sheriff's office said. Under the county's order,
those include maintaining the value of inventory, ensuring
security and processing payroll and employee benefits.
The sheriff's office did not respond to a request for
comment on Wednesday about the factory appearing to remain fully
operational.

What a night and day difference comparing the U.S. and China relative toTesla. This from Bloomberg News on how China helped Tesla through the pandemic virus there:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

BTW link is directly from Bloomberg’s site.

Not even a week ago.

read that last sentence lol...we definitely breached 7300 on Naz, that took IT bear within the context of secular bull off the table...tried to be clear if 7300 is breached, things will get ugly...and yes TSLA breached 500 and even 400 now...there is support at 380 for TSLA...the selling will slow down on TSLA now imho.

Yesterdays post was to warn everyone that the rally up to 7300 Naz is a dead cat bounce within the context a bear and to watch out as the selling was to resume...thats all.

But I realize that when TSLA and mkt's tanking, these types of posts dont go over well I totally get that, so I should just stop.

When we get close to the bottom, TSLA will be my biggest holding once again for the long haul...I absolutely believe in Elon's mission.

I do not see a sarcasm tag anywhere. Your post is incredulous on so many levels. So your brother does not know if he has enough in his account, Tesla then accepts the check in spite of being told it may bounce. It's a bad sign if that's how desperate things are even if your brother is good for it. It's just not good financial hygiene for any corporation to be doing that.

I see a real risk of the price dropping to the recent (last year) local lows around $180 if short-sellers and their media operatives deceitfully convince low-information shareholders that the factory imperiled.

FTFY. The Factory is in ZERO peril. If the SP tests the 52-wk low, it'll be through lies, deceit and treachery. So, THAT has a non-zero chance of happening.

Shortzes have the ethics of an alley cat. Jus' sayin', beware.

Shortzes have the ethics of an alley cat. Jus' sayin', beware.

That comparison is a bit unfair IMO, alley cats have a lot of ethics, as I'm sure @Krugerrand can confirm.

They are also wonderful hosts on their islands, waiting for more guests to arrive.

ugly_cats_25.jpg

Last edited:
BMW stops car production in Europe and South Africa (link)

BMW is stopping car production in Europe and South Africa until mid-April due to the pandemic. "As of today, we will shut down our European automotive plants and the Rosslyn plant in South Africa," said CEO Oliver Zipse at the online annual press conference.

The production interruption is expected to be until April 19. A company spokesman added that motorcycle production in Berlin would continue until further notice.
So I was real high up in the SRA colors...this reads, "We at BMW have made more cars than we can sell so we are closing the car plants and saving face by blaming it on the coronavirus. However we are still making money selling motorcycles so we are going to keep the Motorcycle plants open irregardless of the dangers of the coronavirus."

The sheriff's office did not respond to a request for
comment on Wednesday about the factory appearing to remain fully
operational.

OK. SO when no one is asking the Sheriff for his opinion, he blabs it out on social media like little Miss Gossip.

Now, when reporters want to know what's going on, he clams up like a dog with a bark collar.

Ask me why I have a dim view of law enforcement officers in the 21st century (it wasn't always this way).

Sad world these days. On the bright side, I'm loving the negativity here this morning and hearing about so many people bailing from their TSLA positions at bargain basement prices. This always happens during major market events like this. Now I can really smell the fear! Which can mean only one thing - the bottom is near!

This is interesting:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/wall-street-investors-urge-white-house-to-curb-short-sellers/

"Wall Street investors urge White House to curb short sellers"

The White House is fielding calls from Wall Street to rein in short sellers as the stock market continues to tumble, sources told The Post.

Specifically, several prominent investors and executives have asked the Trump administration to bring back a legacy securities regulation called the “uptick rule,” according to a White House adviser.

This would hurt Tesla short sellers particularly, because options writers couldn't be delta hedging puts as easily anymore, which would drive up the price of puts.

Which could start a special type of short squeeze.

Note that the leak comes from the White House, which suggests that the administration is considering this seriously.

Could signal the global market bottom if the coronavirus infection rate in the US does not blow out next week.

Not advice.

(Cc: @Artful Dodger and @Hock1)

Last edited:
Good Morning TMC members.....community service announcement for you all.

Talk a walk, breath in some (not too close social distance) air.
Don't worry about the rats and thief's trying to get shares from you.
When you wake up in the morning make sure you can look in the mirror and be proud of who you are and what you do.
Those rats and thief's most certainly cannot.

Life is good and goes on.

This is interesting:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/wall-street-investors-urge-white-house-to-curb-short-sellers/

The White House is fielding calls from Wall Street to rein in short sellers as the stock market continues to tumble, sources told The Post.

Specifically, several prominent investors and executives have asked the Trump administration to bring back a legacy securities regulation called the “uptick rule,” according to a White House adviser.

This would hurt Tesla short sellers particularly, because options writers couldn't be delta hedging puts as easily anymore, which would drive up the price of puts.

Not advice.

Italy, France banned short selling.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

In first half of 2019 I purchased a bunch TSLA Jan 2021 500 and 690 leaps. I watched them lose 80% as TSLA slid to $180 in those dark days.

Nonetheless, when I sold in Feb this year, they netted 5000%+ . Not AnthonyJ level returns, but nothing to sneeze at.

Today, I bought the same number of 2022 Jan 700 contracts. If the market says these are worth 80% less in the coming months, I say bring it on.

TL;DR: I buy too early and sell too late.

In first half of 2019 I purchased a bunch TSLA Jan 2021 500 and 690 leaps. I watched them lose 80% as TSLA slid to $180 in those dark days.

Nonetheless, when I sold in Feb this year, they netted 5000%+ . Not AnthonyJ level returns, but nothing to sneeze at.

Today, I bought the same number of 2022 Jan 700 contracts. If the market says these are worth 80% less in the coming months, I say bring it on.

TL;DR: I buy too early and sell too late.

Let's hope your timing got better with practice! :D

This is interesting:

Note that the leak comes from the White House, which suggests that the administration is considering this seriously.

Could signal the global market bottom if the coronavirus infection rate in the US does not blow out next week.

Not advice.

At this point, a short squeeze is like a unicorn... or black swan event, so I suppose...….