Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted something odd on Reddit yesterday; I'm not sure whether it's the start of a pattern, or a one-off, but a user noticed that a new (0 previous owners) 2020 SR+ is listed on Vroom (evidently related to Carvana): Used 2020 Tesla Model 3 For Sale ($37,980) | Vroom

I'm not sure why a brand new car would end up being sold by Tesla at auction. Maybe the demand for Teslas by third parties is enough that Tesla can still shift a bit of their inventory this way?

Spotted something odd on Reddit yesterday; I'm not sure whether it's the start of a pattern, or a one-off, but a user noticed that a new (0 previous owners) 2020 SR+ is listed on Vroom (evidently related to Carvana): Used 2020 Tesla Model 3 For Sale ($37,980) | Vroom

I'm not sure why a brand new car would end up being sold by Tesla at auction. Maybe the demand for Teslas by third parties is enough that Tesla can still shift a bit of their inventory this way?
Maybe there's a demand problem? Interesting!

Most gyms/fitness centers are based on membership fees (fitness as a service?:p). Doubtful too many folks would cancel for a just a month (or two). Shows another advantage of the xAAS model. I wonder if some restaurants or bars might try membership fees to help alleviate temporary shutdowns?
Planet Fitness has stopped collecting monthly payments as long as they are shut down.

Maybe there's a demand problem? Interesting!
No, this is somebody who wants everybody to think there is. Just wait for it, some journalists will jump on it. How can you ever drive 90 miles with it and 0 owners. This is just somebody who doens't have any money, or is in complete panic because he lost his job.

No, this is somebody who wants everybody to think there is. Just wait for it, some journalists will jump on it. How can you ever drive 90 miles with it and 0 owners. This is just somebody who doens't have any money, or is in complete panic because he lost his job.

I thought the same thing at first, but there are plenty of new vehicles in Tesla's inventory with some miles on the ODO. Here's one in the DC area:

Screenshot from 2020-03-27 10-01-43.png

I hope you don't think I'm trying to insinuate there's a demand problem; I was trying to say that if we continue to see Tesla sell inventory to third party dealers, it's a method for Tesla to convert some of their inventory into capital they could use to do things like quickly expand Giga 3, and a recognition by those third party dealers that holding Tesla inventory is valuable.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
The SP500 is similar to what it was exactly 2 years ago. Are you saying that the coming contraction is no bigger than the economic growth that took place during the last 2 years? US GDP grew 2.9% in 2018 and 2.3% in 2019. So you expect about a 5.2% contraction in GDP then?

You had better re-think your math. The most glaring problem is the way you just added two growth rate percentages together.

I thought the same thing at first, but there are plenty of new vehicles in Tesla's inventory with some miles on the ODO. Here's one in the DC area:

View attachment 526377

I hope you don't think I'm trying to insinuate there's a demand problem; I was trying to say that if we continue to see Tesla sell inventory to third party dealers, it's a method for Tesla to convert some of their inventory into capital they could use to do things like quickly expand Giga 3, and a recognition by those third party dealers that holding Tesla inventory is valuable.
There are frequently used cars for sale online. But Tesla will never ever sell them via a 3rd party. Always on their own website.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
So yeah guys, what just happened the last 3 days was a classic bull trap rally. I did use the opportunity to convert my 403(b) to straight cash though, it was a nice exit point. I hope those of you who made bank the last 3 days on TSLA calls know what to do here.
We all know to sell low and buy high. You think you're dealing with rookies here?!?

President Trump just criticized GM publicly regarding ventilator effort "don't do anything right". First, GM won't be able to deliver till June/July(?). Second, GM wants top dollars. CNBC did mention as a context on how quickly Tesla could acquire the 1k ventilators.

Oof.

ventilators.JPG

Meanwhile....

meanwhile.JPG

Regarding the markets, will Quantitative Easing start making its way into stocks next week? 4T nothing to scoff at.

Last edited:
Last edited: