Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something just occurred to me.

We don't have snow here in QLD Australia :)

Will you be getting different wheels for summer and winter tires?

If so can you live with the existing rims as one of the options?

We thought about that. It’s a compromise either way. We would like our summer rims to have all seasons on them and the winter rims to have dedicated winter tires. We’ll figure it out eventually.

Thanks for the comment.

You know, for the past year or more you have been finding endless reasons to not get a Tesla. Now you're complaining you just can't get one because of the wrong wheels. Right. Just buy the damned thing. Then buy the wheels you want and have them put on. Sell the wheels it came with. Problem solved. Are you really this unable to get anything done in other parts of your life?

Seriously, there's a huge difference between "can't" and "won't". You have been and continue to be somebody who "won't". It's really tedious.

Yah. No. Your comment is rude and uncalled for in polite society. Belittling others doesn’t make you a better person.

This place is a mess, my portfolio has gone to hell. Just sold the last of my $TSLA shares and bought gold. Can't afford to even visit Krug's island. Sorry @Unpilot, you are on your own now. Sigh.

This place was always a mess. Your portfolio was always in hell, just a lower ring (or is that a higher ring?). Traitor. Thought dogs were loyal? You were never invited to my island, so you’ve sustained no loss on that horizon. Unpilot has always been on his own. Chortle.

tenor.gif
This place was always a mess. Your portfolio was always in hell, just a lower ring (or is that a higher ring?). Traitor. Thought dogs were loyal? You were never invited to my island, so you’ve sustained no loss on that horizon. Unpilot has always been on his own. Chortle.

Yah. No. Your comment is rude and uncalled for in polite society. Belittling others doesn’t make you a better person.

Rudeness is a matter of opinion much of the time.

This is an Internet forum; polite society has always just been an illusion.

If what’s said isn’t the truth then scroll on by and don’t give it a second thought. You’ll notice, though, that more than a dozen here thought it the truth. It’s certainly the impression you’ve given.

If what’s said is the truth then just accept it about yourself. Next step is either to be okay with who you are or change to who you want to be.

This makes economic sense.

Limited resource, you raise prices, and allocate the product to people that most need/want it.

But Tesla would be bashed as price gouging during pandemic.

Don't think it is worth extra cash and eats up some of the goodwill gained by giving away ventilators.

Tesla will be bashed for pretty much everything they do so that's not a valid reason for not raising the price. I've even seen Musk get bashed for giving away the $5 million worth of ventilators because his huge ego must "need attention" or he's trying to bribe the Feds to look kindly on Tesla. So, no, avoiding getting bashed is not a valid reason for Tesla to change their strategy.

That said, I don't think they should raise prices simply because production is shut down. They are trying to develop the reputation for having affordable cars and a price raise now would confuse the retail markets (not to mention the investment markets). Tesla benefits from NOT having big parking lots full of inventory amounting to billions of dollars like the traditional OEM's have. Those cars need to be on the road where they can displace gasoline cars.