Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are very good numbers, especially when you consider that Tesla is optimizing their lines with this downtime, but I'm wondering if it's enough to overpower the shorties this week with the likely still largely unsettled market.

I am worried that the market won't act appropriately to these numbers tomorrow.
If you are long, don't sweat it. The market won't act appropriately until there is a clear consensus the worst of COVID-19 is behind us.

Now we all just need to hope that the macro's don't sh*t the bed tomorrow o_O
6.6 million applying for unemployment wasn’t that painful to the market. Next will be how much the banks are on the line for unpaid loans.

but I think Tesla should be good tomorrow. We’ll see how much the 13,000 cars that were produced but not delivered/sold impact the earnings later.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
Wow, production was the 2nd highest quarter ever behind Q4 19 (104,891) despite the factory shutdown.

Two factory shut downs, in fact. And supply chain disruptions throughout. Really impressed with that number.

If they can use this off-time to make further improvements, it bodes really well for what they can do when they re-open.

Keep an eye on the stock price after this positive Q1 P&D report. It's possible you could see a manipulative dip at some point in an attempt to define the results as a negative. I'll buy the dip if it happens.
Tesla didn’t appear to give them much to take negatively. Not even changing guidance. They’ll have to hope for a bad earnings or Q2 to scare people in.

obviously it’s not all good from here. But 88k is strong considering what’s going on. Q3 and Q4 could be an absolute avalanche of good news if we get this virus flattened out