Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A helpful visualization of the US auto industry courtesy of Rob Maurer:

EV4VT6vWAAEogUB.jpg

Legacy auto has no incentive to make EVs

I recently watched the 3rd row podcast with elon and sandy monro... It was pretty good. However, I don't understand why people expect legacy automaker to make EVs. They have no incentive... whatsoever.
The Innovator's Dilemma explains it well. If they don't figure it out, they deserve the outcome.

Refer to TMC Home Page articles for possible size reduction of Cybrtruk. Genius move. My biggest beef with the Cybrtruk was that it was too big. If true, and the vehicle is reduced, it will fit into a lot more garages, appeal to far more people, and already high demand will go through the triangular roof. I did not reserve a Cybrtruk....yet, however personally this change is making it more compelling. IMHO it looks better proportioned, better curb appeal based on images shown (like the flat back and true horizontal centre line). Expect more reservations.

Top - New Design
View attachment 533558
Bottom - Original Design
Love it. I too would move to the buy list if the CyberTruck were not so huge.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: UncaNed and wnorris
Referral Supercharging miles are back until the end of May. Somebody asked Elon on Twitter to reinstate them since nobody can go anywhere and he did.
Has the CEO of Ford, GM, Toyota, etc, ever responded like this to someone's random complaint? That's amazing.

I was watching that show unfold and couldn't stop laughing at how obvious the whole thing was. The free fall happened on no news in the bull market on a hot stock. Institutions don't trade like that unless you are manipulating.
Yup. Andrew Left, President of Citron Capital (a hedge fund), appeared on CNBC television and said "Even Elon Musk would short TSLA at these prices".

It's ironic that said Andrew Left is one of the people bringing civil suit against Elon for the "420 tweet", when he shorted TSLA at $969 while extracting aprox. $18B in market cap from the company in 13 minutes.

Andrew Left should drive an E-tron, because he's a genuine turd.

TSLA.chart.2020-02-04.png

Yup. Andrew Left, President of Citron Capital (a hedge fund), appeared on CNBC television and said "Even Elon Musk would short TSLA at these prices".

It's ironic that said Andrew Left is one of the people bringing civil suit against Elon for the "420 tweet", when he shorted TSLA at $969 while extracting aprox. $18B in market cap from the company in 13 minutes.

View attachment 533641

Few things annoy me like speculators prancing around like investors. The latter term literally has no meaning anymore.

Scanned 3 pages back and didn’t find this news , so I post here.
The Fremont reopen is backed by Federal agency now. All good news are out, maybe time to sell? Friday’s SP move was not so positive
Tesla Fremont Factory Reopening Imminent As Homeland Security Sets New Guidelines For Essential Auto Workers

Totally, dog. All good news are out. Sell now and make your dad happy.

Just tell him to not look at TSLA after Q1 earnings.
And after April China registrations.
And Company Day.
And Battery Day.
And Powertrain Day / Plaid unveiling.
And Autopilot city navigation unveiling.
And FSD Hardware 4 unveiling.
And GF3 Phase 2 completion.
And GF4 groundbreaking.
And GF5 announcement.
And Tesla Semi launch.
And Cybertruck launch.
And Roadster 2 launch.
And especially after Tesla Network launch.

In fact, you and your dad better not look at TSLA for the next 10 years after this one, or you might weep a bit.

Last edited:
Good weekend reading:

Ford, Edison and the Cheap EV That Almost Was

Really illuminating look at the early 1900's and transportation's foundations...what could have been. I found the notes about battery chemistry the most interesting, tbh.
That article is from 2010. Sad that the last line is ‘25% of Ford’s fleet will be electric by 2020’

Love it. I too would move to the buy list if the CyberTruck were not so huge.
It's now going to be 3% smaller. Also the prototype version is the same size as an F150. I don't hear anyone complaining about the size of the F150--except for those who want an F250 or F350.

View attachment 533641

I’ll be disparaged, but I respect Left and Citron.

They’re highly effective.

I don’t like everything. But they’re highly effective.

None of this is or will ever be fair or straightforward.

Side note, help me sneak a Tesla inspired name for this little guy I just picked up today. Wifey was NOT okay with Model P.

Attachments

• 98ED7211-F12A-4A5A-92BF-59FB88280071.jpeg
    98ED7211-F12A-4A5A-92BF-59FB88280071.jpeg
    554.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 8360C985-2452-4B2A-9B6C-A9F95000D941.jpeg
    8360C985-2452-4B2A-9B6C-A9F95000D941.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 67
I think their cars all have 12v batteries, they are not claiming 100%?
Or are they working to get rid of that in some cars?
Doesn't sound like it. I recall that GM put in a 48 amp alternator and a larger battery to run power equipment and start the engine at stops and called it a hybrid. Basically the legacy automakers are doing as little as possible to greenwash the line (and comply with government regulations)--and not a thing more. They were betting that Tesla would go away and they could go back to business as usual. Now they're stuck.