Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW, just WOW

fan.PNG

Yeah, except my likely list contains already way out there items that exceed the current list of things he’s already done.

Still, I believe there are things he’d not do based on his incredible predictive nature. Like he’ll never be bidding against me for an island.

So likely not to do in no way makes my list ‘tame’.

I’d be interested in knowing what he could possible do that concerns you for the company. You’ve got to have something in mind.

For one example, shareholders do need to contemplate what value could be lost if Musk ever decides he's done with Tesla. CEOs can be replaced. But the Tesla brand could take a big hit since it is so strongly linked to Elon's personal brand. The scenario gets worse, if Musk decides he wants to redeploy his Tesla capital into some new endeavor. So what would shareholders need to offer him to convince him to stay put at Tesla when his heart is somewhere else? The Elon brand is possibly his largest bargaining chip.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Tesla $10,000? This billionaire stock-market bull is banking on it

$10,000?

What Ron Baron said in the interview was: “Double or triple the next five years, then double or triple again the following five years.”

So, taking $1,000 as a rounded number for today’s TSLA price: that’s $3,000 by 2025 and $9,000 by 2030 (Ron’s triple twice scenario).
This is the Ron Baron we all know and love. He is the primary reason I started investing in TSLA a few years ago. Second reason was FUDsters.

Last edited:
For one example, shareholders do need to contemplate what value could be lost if Musk ever decides he's done with Tesla. CEOs can be replaced. But the Tesla brand could take a big hit since it is so strongly linked to Elon's personal brand. The scenario gets worse, if Musk decides he wants to redeploy his Tesla capital into some new endeavor. So what would shareholders need to offer him to convince him to stay put at Tesla when his heart is somewhere else? The Elon brand is possibly his largest bargaining chip.

Tesla is now a major part of who Elon is. He's not going to jump ship right in the middle of building the most successful automaker the world has ever seen.

It didn't seem to hinder Apple much, even though many don't have a great love for Tim.

• Funny
Reactions: jhm
So what would shareholders need to offer him to convince him to stay put at Tesla when his heart is somewhere else? The Elon brand is possibly his largest bargaining chip.

Nothing. Why should he do anything he doesn't desire to do? I think the reasons are obvious. I would agree that Tesla's greatest asset is also its greatest liability. As a stockholder I would say, let Elon be Elon, and if he desires something else, empower him to do it under the Telsa banner (or whatever really). No reason to break the relationship unless he wants it to be broken. Freedom and free will has scary consequences, but it's also what makes it so awesome. :) My two cents.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Tesla $10,000? This billionaire stock-market bull is banking on it

$10,000?

What Ron Baron said in the interview was: “Double or triple the next five years, then double or triple again the following five years.”

So, taking $1,000 as a rounded number for today’s TSLA price: that’s $3,000 by 2025 and $9,000 by 2030 (Ron’s triple twice scenario).

I thought I heard him say "three, four or five times" once in relation to TSLA's growth over a five year period but I'm not going to go back and listen again because it doesn't really matter which it was. Because no one really knows for sure, Elon included. It's like Ron said, do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

Reactions: Christine69420
On topic Nikola:

Why is everyone talking NKLA down? This can only be good for TSLA:
  1. Where will NKLA shareholders out their money when they sell?
  2. Where will NKLA shareholders put their other money before they sell?
  3. If NKLA is worth $26Bn, what is TSLA worth?
  4. Nikola is essentially promoting Tesla by getting into the news
  5. How much will TSLA go up when the Semi goes to market and undermines Nikola?
  6. The market is truly getting BEVs (NKLA is going up more as they move away from fuel cells)
  7. Could TSLA double today?
  8. What will TSLA shorts do today following NKLA doubling?
Whatever Nikola are doing, I hope they continue!
Yep, Tesla investors have nothing to fear here. It's good for the market to be comparing Tesla and Nikola. I am confident that most investors will appreciate what Tesla has accomplished already and what challenges lie ahead for Nikola.

In my view, the biggest miscalculation that Nikola is making is that hydrogen-battery hybrids only make sense if there is no way for the economics and performance of batteries to improve. So every advance of batteries makes hydrogen obsolete and a little less competitive.

So fine, let investors buy up those NKLA shares. I expect Nikola will evolve to offer BEVs only or fail. Of course, other's could argue that hydrogen tech will also gain efficiencies with scale too. Indeed, Nikola has placed such a large order for electrolyzers from Nel that is it singlehandedly driving the cost of electrolyzers down about a half to $350/kW. This has enormous value for enabling a cost effective low carbon economy (even if no road vehicles use hydrogen in the sustainable future). So some of Nikola's hydrogen investments could payoff even if all of there vehicles become BEVs. Heck, even Elon will need cheap electrolyzers to get home from mars. So technological competition is a good thing, and Nikola could find its way in the long run.

Anyway, as a Tesla investor, I don't feel threatened by Nikola in the least.

Didn't we missed max pain the past 2 Fridays? So you know, there's a chance we don't have to hit max pain this time either.

Max Pain shows the situation as of the start of trading, the options evolve during the day so it's quite normal for the real MP to be $10-$20 off from what the web page states - to the upside when the stock is bullish, downside otherwise.

I thought this comment from someone on another news source worth reposting here:

"I spend a lot of time driving up and down i5, and since they reopened I have seen a more constant flow of loaded trucks filled with Teslas going both ways than I have ever seen before including the end of quarter pushes.
A large percentage are on the Tesla private Red and White fleet of car haulers, but a lot are on some of the larger name fleet trucks that usually haul other makes, and then some on owner operator or small fleet rigs which is what used to haul most of them

So from my i5 survey, I am seeing more shipping to the US then I have seen before and for a longer duration of constant 7 day a week flow.
And for those not familiar with the west coast, there are basically 4 routes cars will be shipped out of Fremont.

1. To the nearby Port of Oakland for overseas.

2. Interstate 80 towards Reno and salt lake city, and points east (it goes all the way to the east coast).

3 and 4.Interstate 5 North and South, which is the main west coast interstate, going from San Diego and the Mexican border through LA, Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, and up to Vancouver BC and the Canadian border. So pretty much anything going into western Canada, the Northern US, the southern US, Texas, Florida, etc, will be traveling on i5, meaning that I get to see a LOT of the total production from Fremont lol

Since we expect they won't be at full production, I wonder if they are not shipping much overseas and instead filling the domestic orders to avoid the cars being stuck in transit at the end of the quarter.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am seeing a constant stream on the roads often in convoys of 2 or 3 following each other, and that it is not what I have seen before."