Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been discussed briefly, in the context of the shareholder's meeting. It's just another beat-up article, IMHO. One example of it being factually incorrect is
The portion of stock Tesla directors and executives have pledged as collateral climbed 36 per cent from a year ago to about 4.9 million shares, ISS said. That amount is "excessive" and represents more than 10 per cent of outstanding stock, the researchers wrote.
Now Tesla has a current market cap of $185.6B, and close enough to $1000/share, so there are 185.6M shares out there. (That doesn't count synthetic shares created by shorts selling.) So 4.9 million shares being "More than 10%" is flat out lying, it's about 2.6%, and that includes Elon. They also quote $ amounts for what was almost entirely stock/options, and the reason the numbers are so high is that the stock is performing well.

Happy Father’s Day!!! This is my fifth Father’s Day but the first year I felt real proud about it. He’s a good kid and no longer just an eating blob at this point. lol

I have been a single parent for my 23-year-old daughter since she was age 5. I would not have missed this experience for the world. She is entering her third year of college (getting an additional degree in mechanical engineering). She is hoping to get in with one of two companies that are talked about a lot in this thread:). I am very proud.

Enjoy your time Dad- it goes quick.

For anyone who needs a weekend chuckle, Nikola is now evidently the world leader in hydrogen AND battery electric: https://twitter.com/nikolatrevor/status/1274773085191843840?s=20

Previously, I believed Trevor must be a heartless soul to (eventually) bankrupt so many small and naive investors. But that was before I realized he is being pro-active about this and has already prepared instructions to help people get back on their feet after they have lost everything and start over:

How to get back up when you lost everything.

So I can see he really is stepping up to the plate here. Additionally, he is speaking from first-hand experience (x2). /s

It's been discussed briefly, in the context of the shareholder's meeting. It's just another beat-up article, IMHO. One example of it being factually incorrect is

Now Tesla has a current market cap of $185.6B, and close enough to $1000/share, so there are 185.6M shares out there. (That doesn't count synthetic shares created by shorts selling.) So 4.9 million shares being "More than 10%" is flat out lying, it's about 2.6%, and that includes Elon. They also quote $ amounts for what was almost entirely stock/options, and the reason the numbers are so high is that the stock is performing well.

I've already voted to support Robyn Denholm and recommend all shareholders do as well. It literally only takes less than 2 minutes once you locate your proxy number and login to proxyvote.com. I imagine this won't even be a close contest but it can't hurt to show your support.

I've already voted to support Robyn Denholm and recommend all shareholders do as well. It literally only takes less than 2 minutes once you locate your proxy number and login to proxyvote.com. I imagine this won't even be a close contest but it can't hurt to show your support.
I'd like to vote, but I have no idea how, as an European using Degiro. Does anyone know how to do it? I have received no information from Degiro regarding this (and I check my junk mail).

Reactions: Todesbuckler
I'd like to vote, but I have no idea how, as an European using Degiro. Does anyone know how to do it? I have received no information from Degiro regarding this (and I check my junk mail).

I know nothing about Degiro but every block of shares under an entities ownership should be assigned a proxy code that will be recognized by proxyvote.com. So all you need is the code assigned to your shares by your broker. Then log into proxyvote.com and enter the code.

• Helpful
Reactions: Khamul
To elaborate, Jack theorizes why battery day has been delayed multiple times from 12:00 - 20:00. His argument is that they can't hold the event until the new batteries are already in vehicles being shipped for fear of Osborning sales of vehicles with the old batteries. He cites Model Y/3 specifically and a 400 mile range.

It's a possibility, but I don't think a certainty.

There are a couple of ways Tesla could manage this problem and are strategies they currently employ:

1) Provide details of the progress but give a long lead-time (12-18 months) or none at all, as per Roadster/Semi/Plaid.
2) Put the new tech in US/North American vehicles only with long lead-time or no date at all for ROW, as per usual vehicle rollouts.
3) Put the new tech in S/X only with long lead-time for Y/3 implementation or no date at all. I think that would be a great way to revive slumping S/X sales and further differentiate between Y/3. A tandem announcement of the battery w/Plaid would do similar (and perhaps the forever-imminent interior refresh). Given the S/X are still using the 18650's from Panasonic in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong?) and Tesla is battery-constrained for the foreseeable future, maybe this isn't supply they would give up? I don't see the new battery tech going in 3/Y only though, as that would add even more fuel to the argument that the S/X are falling behind their cheaper siblings, specifically re: dated interior/exterior and charging.

OTOH, Jack could be right and certainly has a track record of being so (see his massive gains from going long volatility before Tesla's massive run-up). With Autonomy Day, HW3 was already being shipped in all models. This weakened the argument S/X will forever get the best tech first. Following that trend, maybe it will already being shipped in all the vehicles upon announcement after all.

Lastly, Jack mentions he has lung cancer in the vid and seems to have accepted the consequences with a certain level of enthusiasm and confidence in his faith. His vocal cords are damaged as well and he appears to struggle more than usual in his latest posting. From what he said, we may only get a few more videos from him.

His candor, incredible depth of knowledge, and ballsy stock/option trades will be dearly missed when his time comes.
Worth saying again: "His candor, incredible depth of knowledge, and ballsy stock/option trades will be dearly missed when his time comes"

Happy Father's Day to all of my fellow travelers who have chosen this rewarding path in life!
Amen....my 8 year old daughter told me this today:

Her: Happy fathers day Dad..today, you get one wish and my brother and I will obey it.
Me: I just want both of you to behave and be respectful
Her: Ummmmm...how about i just let you give me unlimited kisses, and ill pretend that i like them??

The joys of fatherhood....:):):):):):)

Awesome. That thing screams '**** you'. :)

What it screams to me is "I'm so badass I don't need to pretend I'm anything but exactly what I am".

Reminds me of a shark on the prowl:
tesla-1-jpg.554207

What this truck screams to me is:

4543243b48966fe8cc87f5be22d5e8da.jpg

Hi, my name is ridiculous and I have a small penis but my truck more than makes up for it. If you look at my roofline and front grill you can see I have pretensions of heavy-duty long-haul trucking in my DNA. That's right bubba, you know I'm big and powerful and if you don't believe me I'll let you look at my fuel and maintenance bills. Both bigger than your bar tab. So chew on that!

Check out some of Jack’s pics on this thread - Peterson’s Automotive Museum. My point in responding with this post was in response to a previous post about hood scratches and that even with a few imperfections since it is a prototype and a truck, it doesn’t matter - it’s still awesome!
Okay. Thanks. I see where there are swirl marks in those pics, but still don’t see any dents.

I’d be surprised if the swirls are in the stainless. Would have to be something pretty abrasive. More likely someone attempted to wax it, and the swirl marks are in the wax.

They lowered AP from $3k to $2k. FSD still requires AP. Hopefully they don’t back out of the buy one get one free deal. Hopefully in the middle of coding.

This should be a nice income boost.

....waiting on that AWD to P update tho. lol

View attachment 554635

They haven’t lowered the FSD price for those who bought EAP :( Still $4000CAD for me. EAP was $6600, so that’s $10.6K. FSD on a new car is only $9200CAD. I’ll keep waiting....

• Informative
Reactions: Nightshifter
What it screams to me is "I'm so badass I don't need to pretend I'm anything but exactly what I am".

Reminds me of a shark on the prowl:
tesla-1-jpg.554207

What this truck screams to me is:

4543243b48966fe8cc87f5be22d5e8da.jpg

Hi, my name is ridiculous and I have a small penis but my truck more than makes up for it. If you look at my roofline and front grill you can see I have pretensions of heavy-duty long-haul trucking in my DNA. That's right bubba, you know I'm big and powerful and if you don't believe me I'll let you look at my fuel and maintenance bills. Both bigger than your bar tab. So chew on that!
One is designed by engineers and the other is engineered by designers.