Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
08:00 a.m. Whistle:
  • TSLA share price: $998.50
  • NASDAQ Pre-market Vol: 53,668
View attachment 554744

Gee, do ya think some shortzes get let out on the paddock at 7 a.m.? :p

Cheers!

Remember last Monday? :D

upload_2020-6-22_14-22-30.png

SEC Filing by Tesla

Register to read | Financial Times

My apologies, at first it wasn’t behind a paywall. It listed Tesla’s SEC filing.

Form DEFA14A - Additional proxy soliciting materials
(Filing Date Jun 22, 2020)

"The Board of Directors (the “Board”) and management of Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) value, and believe that Tesla’s stockholders appreciate, the interpersonal connection and dynamic that is possible only with a live in-person annual meeting of stockholders. Therefore, due to continuing restrictions on in-person gatherings imposed by the relevant governmental authorities, Tesla is postponing its 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “2020 Annual Meeting”), which was previously scheduled to be held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, at the Computer History Museum located at 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043. Certain specific dates, locations and presentation formats that will maximize the probability of an informative in-person event are under consideration, and Tesla will announce further details regarding the finalized date, location and format of the 2020 Annual Meeting at a later date."​

A screen shot of the Twitter conversation is attached at the ir.telsa.com link above.

Cheers!

Looks like Model Y deliveries in Vancouver, BC will be happening before the end of the quarter. I received this text today:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/24 - 6/27 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

Doing my bit for Q2. Picking up my new M3P with FSD in Vancouver Wednesday! -$4,460 for inventory car with 721km, one year free supercharging, and getting FSD before the price increase on July 1st. Held out for battery day as long as I could.
I've enjoyed driving my BMW E46 M3 for the last 8 years but it's time to let it go.

SEC Filing by Tesla

Register to read | Financial Times

My apologies, at first it wasn’t behind a paywall. It listed Tesla’s SEC filing.

Form DEFA14A - Additional proxy soliciting materials
(Filing Date Jun 22, 2020)

"The Board of Directors (the “Board”) and management of Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) value, and believe that Tesla’s stockholders appreciate, the interpersonal connection and dynamic that is possible only with a live in-person annual meeting of stockholders. Therefore, due to continuing restrictions on in-person gatherings imposed by the relevant governmental authorities, Tesla is postponing its 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “2020 Annual Meeting”), which was previously scheduled to be held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, at the Computer History Museum located at 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043. Certain specific dates, locations and presentation formats that will maximize the probability of an informative in-person event are under consideration, and Tesla will announce further details regarding the finalized date, location and format of the 2020 Annual Meeting at a later date."​

A screen shot of the Twitter conversation is attached at the ir.telsa.com link above.

Cheers!

Here's the full article, in outline form... doesn't say anything significant. Almost seems like an article that was intentionally created for people to only read the news headline, get freaked out, and sell their shares... hmmmmm....:

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Noob question:
How can I with a German brokerage account attend the shareholder meeting in September? What is required besides owning a share?
I have family in the US, would it help if they bought shares in my name?
You need proof of stock ownership on May 15th. So US purchases at this point would not help.

From Investor FAQs | Tesla, Inc.

You may attend an Annual Meeting if you were a Tesla stockholder on the “Record Date” for that meeting and can provide photo ID and proof of stock ownership at the meeting. Proof of stock ownership may include materials you receive from us or your broker (such as a broker statement) that lists you as a Tesla stockholder, but depends on your form of ownership. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting for the Record Date and other additional details. Our proxy statement relating to this year’s Annual Meeting is available at: SEC Filings.

Meeting notice: https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/4fd4f683-e800-4447-85a7-ab324bac8cd1

Investor Relations contact form: Contact Investor Relations | Tesla, Inc.

Unfortunately, many of us overseas retail investors don't get a vote...

With all the consumer protections you guys have in Europe, I'm surprised the European Union rules, or those of the individual countries, don't require that brokerages offering shares from overseas exchanges retain the voting rights of those shares for their clients!

You need proof of stock ownership on May 15th. So US purchases at this point would not help.

From Investor FAQs | Tesla, Inc.

Meeting notice: https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/4fd4f683-e800-4447-85a7-ab324bac8cd1

Investor Relations contact form: Contact Investor Relations | Tesla, Inc.

When I attended past shareholder meetings, they only checked that you have the Tesla stock in your brokerage account (they have computers there for you to log in to show them in case you don't have the documents) and I don't remember them asking when the stock was purchased.

When I attended past shareholder meetings, they only checked that you have the Tesla stock in your brokerage account (they have computers there for you to log in to show them in case you don't have the documents) and I don't remember them asking when the stock was purchased.

Attending the meeting and voting rights are two different things. Voting rights are associated with each share held as of the cut-off date. Rules for attending the meeting may very well be more lax. I'm surprised they have you log into your brokerage account right there, I would not do that due to security concerns. Telsa is required by securities laws to maintain a shareholder database. This database will also show the date the shares were acquired.

They know who you are!

it works off of a record date

if you own the shares as of record on xx/xx/xxxx you have the right to vote

any shares loaned out by broker you lose that right to vote, as the borrowing party (if sitting on excess shares not used to cover a short) now has the right

Attending the meeting and voting rights are two different things. Voting rights are associated with each share held as of the cut-off date. Rules for attending the meeting may very well be more lax. I'm surprised they have you log into your brokerage account right there, I would not do that due to security concerns. Telsa is required by securities laws to maintain a shareholder database. This database will also show the date the shares were acquired.

They know who you are!
No, that's not correct. Almost all of the shares in large, publicly-traded companies are held in street name. As far as Tesla can tell, the brokerage owns them, and the work to communicate with the actual shareholder is delegated either to the broker itself, or even further to a third party like Computershare - Wikipedia.