Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 Spare Sets of Model X wiper blades purchased, but Tesla wouldn't let me pay $500 for the HEPA Air Filtration Upgrade without scheduling an installation time, wish they'd just ship it to me for now.

I already bought FSD after I bought the car to help show my support when Model 3 was just ramping up. And I'm glad I did because AP and FSD IS getting better and better.

EDIT- Went back and paid for the HEPA upgrade as a "Gift" so I didn't have to book installation right now. I might be slow, but at least I'm smart. Sometimes...

$640 additional Q2 Revenue secured. Challenging everyone else to do at least as well.
Unfortunately the HEPA upgrade may be a moot point as I doubt they can book it until they install it. It is too bad they couldn't ship it, then they probably could have been able to book it.

Unfortunately the HEPA upgrade may be a moot point as I doubt they can book it until they install it. It is too bad they couldn't ship it, then they probably could have been able to book it.
Yeah, after what appeared to be a successful order, I got an "order is on hold due to missing information" email asking VIN and stuff...

My deepest gratitude to all those buying FSD.

I almost hate to say this, but COVID was a life-changing event for my finances, in a positive way. I was ~half in TSLA, cashed out on the way down, went all-in at $375 and my net worth has doubled from it's prior all-time high.

As a result, I'm one of the very few that doesn't want to think about TSLA without COVID.

Same kind of scenario for me. I'm more than 3x on my net worth from it's prior all time high. :oops:

Q2 GAAP profit would be huge, but does it even matter? The wording "breaking even is looking super tight" means S&P500 is almost inevitable after Q3.

After reading 2018/Q3 guidance most of us believed that S&P500 is around the corner. In the end we were probably lucky to wait this long. Joining the benchmark index at $1xxx is quite different than at $350. Imagine waiting for 2020/Q3 report and ~$1500 SP. Every extra $ means more forced purchases.

I still remember old great article by Papafox: Tesla's Upcoming Inclusion In The S&P 500 Index | CleanTechnica. Most chapters are still valid, but what has changed in 19 months? SP is 3x. Most shorts have given up. FUD narrative doesn't control the SP anymore. We're in very different position now.

The later S&P500 happens the greater the shock.

And she shaved away no TSLA today, despite its significant up move.

upload_2020-6-29_17-35-28.png

Labor is the largest component, and German labor is expensive.
That may imply more casting over welding.

German labor is expensive, but also highly productive. However, isn’t the GF within the old Eastern boundary? If so, that’s an ENTIRELY different labor pool, enormous gaps in health and education. Will be a most interesting HR challenge to staff technical jobs with Berlin talent and the floor with skilled labor.

Why wouldn’t it? I plan on having a racetrack so all my Teslas can race each other on FSD. I can put in some traffic lights and stop signs. I’ll have prisoners of war I can station at various locations to practice avoidance maneuvers. Traffic cones are cheap.

All these island people, you're gonna need a BEB. I know I need a boat soon and cannot bring myself to gas anything. I did the sailing thing for a few years... I need a few more knots myself. I might have to make one - what a fun project that would be!

SP500 inclusion?

do research. Here ya go:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...ing-what-happens-when-stock-is-added-to-index
At least read the abstract: https://www.newyorkfed.org/medialibrary/media/research/staff_reports/sr484.pdf
2.7-5.4% affect? Is that worth it? https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.2469/faj.v64.n5.7?journalCode=ufaj20
Cumulative excess returns zero? https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.2469/faj.v43.n1.58?src=recsys

I'd love a big rush up but history does not seem to support.
Any contrary evidence?
I recall Redhat being a nothingburger. I must have been inpatient back then... First is a one year chart. July 17 2009. [WERE YOU EVEN TRADING THEN?]Small green blip up volume shows gap up about 10%. Few days later giant other volume. Price hung out for a bit, then retreated back filling the gap maybe a month later 8/19. Finished the year up about 50% from pre addition price. I'd take that in TSLA

Play around at this link to see what happened. RHT - Red Hat Stock Interactive Chart - Barchart.com

What else do you recall being added?

rhat.PNG
rhat2.PNG

Last edited:
Q2 GAAP profit would be huge, but does it even matter? The wording "breaking even is looking super tight" means S&P500 is almost inevitable after Q3.

After reading 2018/Q3 guidance most of us believed that S&P500 is around the corner. In the end we were probably lucky to wait this long. Joining the benchmark index at $1xxx is quite different than at $350. Imagine waiting for 2020/Q3 report and ~$1500 SP. Every extra $ means more forced purchases.

I still remember old great article by Papafox: Tesla's Upcoming Inclusion In The S&P 500 Index | CleanTechnica. Most chapters are still valid, but what has changed in 19 months? SP is 3x. Most shorts have given up. FUD narrative doesn't control the SP anymore. We're in very different position now.

The later S&P500 happens the greater the shock.
Part of me wants it done so we can stop talking about it. ;)

only if the inflow outpaces TSLA’s rise ;-)

well, it could stop the regular sales that ARK has to do to avoid TSLA from growing too dominant in their portfolio. Which could also give upward pressure to the SP

Yep, and after today TSLA is 10.38% of ARKK so they can't buy more. They are riding the edge.

Edit: But the details show ARKK has 1,780 more shares today than it did Friday. So they must have bought more. (Even though their release doesn't show that.)