Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Electrek article actually suggests 50+10= 60K deliveries in North America in Q2, not 50K. This was published HERE on 25 June. Here is the quote:

GnWgVbv.png

My delivery estimate for North America is 36,920+ 2,640= 39,560. That's 20,440 less than 60K.

dMpbCWe.png

However, I think I have figured out where that 60K came from. The two numbers shown in yellow add up to 57,346+ 3,874= 61,220. That's total supply for North America, not sales. It looks like somebody confused the two.

1iXIiO0.png

Let me clarify this last table. For example for the US, I'm calculating 57,346 units total supply. I estimate 36,920 of that was sold in Q2 and 57,346-36,920= 20,426 units were left.

I could see someone confusing production for sales, but for a non-analyst to confuse supply for sales? That would be extremely weird and unlikely. I think it's much more likely that the Electrek source actually thinks there will be 50-60k deliveries in NA.

Compounding that to store closures, decreasing S/X shifts and devastating Q1 2019 delivery numbers which gave people the impression that demand was non-existence without tax credit.
You should add to this list what was IMHO the most damaging overhang looming over TSLA for almost all of 2019 Q2: the unwarranted and unjustified lawsuit by the SEC against Elon, for the simple act of repeating already PUBLIC information about Tesla production on an after-hours podcast.

Which, by the way, turned out to be 100% CORRECT, as announced by the Company on Jan 3, 2020's P&D Report.

Shortsellers conspired with individual officials at the SEC, and those people no longer work there. Elon? He's here to stay! :p

Cheers!

You should add to this list what was IMHO the most damaging overhang looming over TSLA for almost all of 2019 Q2: the unwarranted and unjustified lawsuit by the SEC against Elon, for the simple act of repeating already PUBLIC information about Tesla production on an after-hours podcast.

Which, by the way, turned out to be 100% CORRECT, as announced by the Company on Jan 3, 2020's P&D Report.

Shortsellers conspired with individual officials at the SEC, and those people no longer work there. Elon? He's here to stay! :p

Cheers!

Oh yeah totally forgot about that. Not to mention Elon was trolling the SEC on 60 mins and in tweets which really gave investors that uncertainty about any positive outcome for a settlement.

Yes, go back and read it. You will see that I was very positive and doubled my position at $184. Before that I was adding on the way down, $240, $220....Hard to believe that was only a year and a month ago.
There were some cheerleaders but we had many care bears attacking the forum(you know how that works) but I do remember you, fact checking, and Artful Dodger staying positive.

New Audis coming out this autumn in Germany
CarRange [km] (WLTP)Power [kW] (official) Price [€] (Germany)
Model S61031080k
Model S Performace59344997k
Audi e-tron S360370(Boost)94k
Audi e-tron Sportback365370(Boost)97k
e-tron 50 Quattro (since 2020)30023067k
e-tron 55 Quattro (since 2019)43630080k

You ask how they every gonna sell these? -> Company cars (featured by German pride) are very prominent in Germany.

edit: got no idea where this huge space comes from

Model S61031080k

You ask how they every gonna sell these? -> Company cars (featured by German pride) are very prominent in Germany.

Range on Tesla's vehicles will be even further by autumn. (Plaid powertrain/battery improvements)

Model S61031080k

Yes actually. People on reddit were talking about how long range is not as important in Europe vs the U.S. And when you add import tax, the Etron is a lot cheaper than a Model X and just a tad more expensive than a Model Y. This is why we actually see not so terrible sales of the etron in Europe but it's DOA in the U.S. I did see an Etron on the road the other day in FL. Pretty sweet looking exterior. I actually like it more than the X.

GigaBerlin can't come soon enough.

Most frustrating thing about this stock price rise is that no amount of money will get me a 7-seat Model Y right now. Model X is too big, and I don't want falcon wings.

Guess I'll just hold.
This ^. Manufacturing the 7 seater MY will unlock hundreds of thousands of new orders not already in the pipeline, mine included. The MX is too rich for me and also not a fan of the falcon wing doors.

This is what happens when you use AI to write financial stories:

P/E Ratio Insights for Tesla

Compared to the aggregate P/E ratio of the 12.32 in the Auto Manufacturers industry, Tesla Inc. has a lower P/E ratio of 0.0. Shareholders might be inclined to think that they might perform worse than its industry peers. It’s also possible that the stock is undervalued.

Go back and read the messages around that time, not many cheerleaders as people see a drop of 3-5% daily.

I remember people here was telling me how I was just trying to catch a falling knife when buying in. There were negative cheerleaders even here.
I'm glad I was on the right side of that one. I bought down to maybe 240 until I ran out of cash.

Yes, go back and read it. You will see that I was very positive and doubled my position at $184. Before that I was adding on the way down, $240, $220....Hard to believe that was only a year and a month ago.

And I added my first set of demand shares because of the ridiculousness of it all.

Ye of little faith/what have you done for me lately/bandwagonneers. I am unsympathetic.

This ^. Manufacturing the 7 seater MY will unlock hundreds of thousands of new orders not already in the pipeline, mine included. The MX is too rich for me and also not a fan of the falcon wing doors.
Indeed, in Canada an EV over ~$60K does not even qualify for the $5K Federal Rebate UNLESS it seats 7 people. That's Y I'll buy one... ;)

Cheers!