Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called my brokerage requesting they ask the Chicago Board Options Exchange to offer a 17 JUN 2022 $2,500 strike option (sort of a lower-price class of option, if you will) . They said to check the option chain Monday to see if that happened. I figure this will make it easier for somebody of modest means to buy a later-expiring LEAP.

Coincidentally, while I was on hold I saw that they just added a $2,100 strike option for that expiration. I'm not keen on the stock split, though I really love the idea of making it easier for the little guy - a poorer investor class - to invest...

Ah, but there I go, dragging class into it again.

even the 2100 still quoting about $22,300 per contract right now lol

Loup Ventures

The rest of the auto industry is in trouble...gene munster
Gene Munster was the best of the AAPL analysts during the Steve Jobs era, and for a second act, he’s the best of the TSLA analysts.

He is holding no punches: he predicts that the greatest carmakers of our lifetime will all soon go out of business.

This would be a staggeringly bold prediction, anywhere else except on this forum!

OT - NKLA
Any one wanna comment on this?
https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1278728427156262912
$NKLA - I still don’t get why a huge arbitrage exists between $NKLA shares @ $61.50, and $NKLAW warrants @ $35.10 plus exercise price @ $11.50. The 23.9M $NKLAW warrants are exercisable starting tomorrow 7/3

I haven't gone in detail about the math because I don't want to think about NKLA. But when this happens, the most likely explanation is the borrow cost or option premium and the failure to delivery fees. Last I heard, getting exercised on NKLA and ending up short by accident will empty your account and give you a margin call.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
It isn't about the instantaneous market cap, but about the 6-month and 1-month average market cap. @KarenRei had created a spreadsheet that tracked how many days it would take at a given stock price to achieve the necessary averages, but I'm not sure where that is. (And I think it was aimed at the first trance which is already done.)

So probably soon. ;)

Market cap is just one of three factors. Revenue and Ebitda also have to reach certain milestones: $35 and $3 billion for the second tranche and $55 and $4.5 billion for the third one. So not there yet.

How does a 10 year old have $200? :eek:

$200 is the new $20. When I was a kid, getting $5 for my birthday was golden!

The real answer is "money is as scarce as you make it". If you hold onto it too tightly, you will squeeze it all away! It looks like BlackS's kid is learning early not to hold onto his money too tightly!

Note that the 8-10k sold from inventory during the quarter will have decreased margins due to being manufactured in Q1, when these cost reductions were not yet recognized, but still sold at a $5k discount. But other than that, totally agree!
That's not certain. The price cuts came on Jun 4 toward the end of 2020Q2 when most of the vehicles produced in Q1 were likely already delivered.

Further, some vehicles produced in Q2 (~3 wks worth between May 11-Jun 04) benefited from lower COGS due to the lower bty cost, but still sold for the full retail price BEFORE the price cuts on Jun 4th.

I think its just as likely that Tesla actually timed the price cuts take effect as soon as possible after the old inventory had been moved through the system. :D

Cheers!

$200 is the new $20. When I was a kid, getting $5 for my birthday was golden!

The real answer is "money is as scarce as you make it". If you hold onto it too tightly, you will squeeze it all away! It looks like BlackS's kid is learning early not to hold onto his money too tightly!
Unfortunately....our dollar is getting devalued daily with the unlimited fed printing :(:(:(:(:(

I know pre-announcing earnings isn't as much of a thing anymore, but if Elon had enough visibility to say they were close to break even before quarter end, anyone think they may pre-announce if its a surprise to the upside?

I would be surprised myself but just thinking out loud.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
'It's Tesla's world and everyone else is paying rent': analyst

Tesla’s surprisingly solid delivery numbers out Thursday underscore the point.

The company said it delivered 90,650 cars in the second quarter, trouncing Wall Street estimates for 72,000. In the first quarter, Tesla delivered 88,496 cars. Importantly, Tesla pointed out it has successfully ramped production back up at Fremont to pre-COVID closure levels.

Tesla shares rose as much as 9% on the news.

EEA08E75-EA3B-4DA1-8A11-F134705014B3.jpeg