Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rowing is a great all-round activity. I also have a water-rower, but I tend to use it more in the winter. I tend to do 2x2000m, I think 7min is my average. Hard to walk after that though - legs like jelly!

Humans evolved outside, without clothes, and yet skin cancer appears to be a relatively moderate issue. Current theory is that it's due to the change in fat consumption towards the omega-6 PUFA's pushed by the food industry since the 1940's (sunflower, canola, etc.). Human cell membranes are O3 based, but if your O3:O6 ratio goes out-of-whack (it should be between 1:1 and 1:2, but in the USA it's typically 1:45) then the body uses O6 instead for the cell membranes, which are inherently unstable and become inflamed easily in sunlight.

Anecdotally, since removing O6 fats from my diet, I can spend all day in the sun, I don't burn. Same for my wife. Note I'm a Brit, so traditionally burn in the sun quickly. My wife is a pure-blond Dane, with skin so white that it's almost translucent, she can also spend all day outside - in when we first met this was not possible, 10 minutes and she was cooked. Many others on a paleo/keto/carnivore WOE have reported the same.

OK, I'll stop with this stuff now we're into pre-market, but I feel this point was particularly important.
Hey, I'm 20 and I find your informations very valuable. Have you a book of reference or anything (for info concerning food like you explain)? Or is it just hard research on the internet?
Thanks, and sorry for off topic.

Reactions: Jovian and Tslynk67
They’ve really done it :D

Tesla Short Shorts

Q3 profit guaranteed!

Description
Celebrate summer with Tesla Short Shorts. Run like the wind or entertain like Liberace with our red satin and gold trim design. Relax poolside or lounge indoors year-round with our limited-edition Tesla Short Shorts, featuring our signature Tesla logo in front with “S3XY” across the back. Enjoy exceptional comfort from the closing bell.

#ShortShortsSecured (amazed, but delighted, to see these in the Belgian store...)
upload_2020-7-6_12-4-12.png

Macros have been improving the last couple of hours and are looking good right now.

Shanghai market thru the roof today. Should make for an interesting macro backdrop to follow last week's TSLA action.

I am surprised by the macros. I had been thinking that the general market would be going down.

Alex, you mention the German auto industry was able to succeed and increase their margins, in part, by outsourcing heavily and this isn't the first time I've heard the idea that outsourcing can save money.

At first look, it would seem the company supplying the outsourced parts would have all the same expenses the auto company would have if the parts were made in-house (wages, benefits, land, building, taxes, utilities, raw materials, equipment, etc). But on top of those costs, the outsourced parts need to be transported to the auto plant and there is a certain duplication of CEO and upper management functions.

So my question is, by what mechanism does outsourcing save money?
Labour (assumes outsourced to low-wage countries or the outsourcing company can use contract labour where they don't have to pay any benefits), R&D (the outsourcing company has to figure out how to make it work), Q&A (the manufacturer doesn't have any rejected parts that they have to pay for),

• Informative
Reactions: Thumper and gavine
If you sell covered calls that are in the money when you sell them, it restarts the long term gains clock on the underlying shares. If you actually have long-term stock this is a disaster. (In the US, taxable account, IANATL, not advice.) You can sell OTM calls though.
Restarts the long term gains clock on which underlying shares? All of them in your account? A 100 shares for each ITM contract I sell in my taxed account?

So I should be cycling out rising OTM options as they approach ATM rolling them into farther OTM LEAPS?

Would moving all my shares to a different broker insulate them from this problem?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
A pre-market volume update right before trading opened up to more people at 7AM:

View attachment 561028

About 130k shares worth. For context, on quiet days there aren't even 130k shares traded in all of pre-market trading. To see this kind of volume during the first three most quiet hours of pre-market trading is highly unusual.

If significant part of the short volume is still betting on a downward direction and not just hedging, a lot of them must be closing out right now. The risk of being caught on the bad side of S&P500 institutional buying is just too big, regardless of their opinion on a long-term move. Plus actively managed funds might be running ahead of the official inclusion, as has been pointed out by others.

JPM Securities raises price target from $1050 to $1500.

Tesla price target raised to $1,500 from $1,050 at JMP Securities TSLA - The Fly

'JMP Securities analyst Joseph Osha raised the firm's price target on Tesla to $1,500 from $1,050 and keeps an Outperform rating on the shares. The analyst is citing the company's "significant upside" in Q2 deliveries with 90.7K shipments vs. his forecast of 73.8K and the consensus figure of 70.3K. Osha adds that Tesla's Q2 delivery outcome is "significant" and supports his outlook for continued competitive gains as the company's decline of about 5% from last year's volume compares to the industry where demand is collapsing at a rate at least 3-times that pace.'

JPM Securities raises price target from $1050 to $1500.

Tesla price target raised to $1,500 from $1,050 at JMP Securities TSLA - The Fly

'JMP Securities analyst Joseph Osha raised the firm's price target on Tesla to $1,500 from $1,050 and keeps an Outperform rating on the shares. The analyst is citing the company's "significant upside" in Q2 deliveries with 90.7K shipments vs. his forecast of 73.8K and the consensus figure of 70.3K. Osha adds that Tesla's Q2 delivery outcome is "significant" and supports his outlook for continued competitive gains as the company's decline of about 5% from last year's volume compares to the industry where demand is collapsing at a rate at least 3-times that pace.'

They, as most of the other “analysts”, follow this formula:
new price target = round(old price target + 2*(current price-old price target))

Also shorts secured, all sizes available in Sweden:
upload_2020-7-6_13-25-38.jpeg

Last edited: