Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand sales of these t-shirts have dropped precipitously:

ssrco,active_tshirt,womens,101010:01c5ca27c6,front,square_product,x600.jpg

I like this one better

upload_2020-7-6_13-32-49.jpeg

Four years ago, I left a rental apartment, and bought a newly built home entirely by cashing some Tesla shares. My gain from Tesla shares today alone, more than covers the price of my home. :cool:

Love this, can watch it over and over :).

Also fitting today is Beethoven´s Ode To Joy. This version starts very slowly but picks up furiously in the end, just like TSLA over past few years:

When i first embarked on buying TSLA stock...i was merely hoping for 8-9% annual returns and understood the extreme volititly in the stock. I put in what i was willing to lose and slowly added along the way. My dream was to have a portfolio worth that magical $1 million value. With today's close, i can see the dream becoming a reality possibly this year! So....i think its time to dream bigger and raise the bar to $2 million....Big Thanks to everyone's knowledge on this board....and the entertainment value on here is 2nd to none!

Look I am old, and I wanna give you something to consider...
IF you are really sure of retirement then do NOT stop working. Nononono. Do not get me wrong hear me out.
Do not stop working, but instead start doing the same job with the same people but do it the way you believe it should be done. Don't hurt someone unintentionally. But if you feel like you always thought the job could be done better by doing it your way then try it out. What's the worst that happens? You become a legend?
EDIT: Evidently I quoted the wrong post...this was intended for the member that was considering quitting his job.

Well, you quoted me and as stated before am thinking about retirement. Seems you quoted the right person after all? Thanks for the advice, but have some other projects outside work. Building an off grid farm in Portugal, a bit time consuming...

I’ve got nobody irl to talk to about this stuff.

so I’ll tell you all I asked the boss to go part time at market close today

I am in the same position thinking about my work situation. We didn't expect to get to our goals so soon. Now we are in shock and we don't know what to do lol. Great problem to have.

Regardless of my concerns about the overall market (substantial) or TSLA (minimal) for the near future, I have to say that today's victory lap here with you all has been a day to put a pin in. Congrats to all that have profited (on paper or otherwise) and advanced the mission along the way! Frank Sinatra's tombstone bears the inscription "The Best is Yet to Come." I think he was singing about TSLA.

TSLA has been 100% of my stock portfolio since 2013. I've been an uber-long and have held through the nastiest of TSLA drops and have never played with options.

I only have 2 regrets:

1. I should've gone in more at the beginning and stuck even harder with my conviction.
2. I shouldn't have held through the Q1 and COVID drops.

Had I chosen (1), I'd be a multi-millionaire right now.
Had I chosen (2), I'd be a multi-millionaire right now.

Instead, despite being one of Tesla's earlier customers (Model S 1653) and a die-hard long, I'm still a few hundred grand short of $1M. I really feel left out when some of you say you only bought a year ago and have now pulled in a couple million! Haha don't I get some sort of consolation prize for being an uber-long? :)

Glass half-empty:
I could have cashed out when we hit $420.

Glass completely empty:
I could have been a TSLA short.

Glass completely empty and broken:
I could be a highly public TSLA short with public pictures of me brushing my teeth on the toilet with a laptop.

One possible wrinkle is whether Standard & Poor's wants TSLA in. I know they have rules, but they also have a committee that makes the final decision - and we all remember the committee changed the rules recently to keep SNAP out. Would they attempt something similar here? Do they really want TSLA's volatility in their staid index?

They may have no real option. Keeping snapchat out is one thing. Thats some weird 'interwebs' thingamawotsit that young kids use to be fashionable, and is likely to go out of fashion tommorow. Nobody even knows wtf it makes.
Tesla makes cars driven by accountants, lawers, CEOs, celebrities and welathy retired folk. You see teslas on the streets now and then. Thats a proper, big, and now esablished company that has factories and does proper, real things.

People buy S&P500 trackers to get a widely spread investment over the big names. Not having the worlds biggest and fastest growing car company in it would look just stupid. Also SNAPs market cap is just $34 billion. $250 billion is a tad harder to ignore.

I feel as if Tesla stock is one of the only things I have going for myself.
Working in the entertainment field I’m HELLA unemployed, on unemployment. $ is good when we work but stale now.

Ive owned for a while. I remember when I hit 10K in $ growth in the stock. Thought I’d hit the Big Time. Now I’m faced with decisions about what to do. I could trade it all in and buy a M3 which is what I hear a lot of y’all have done who have been in since the beginning. I could also look into buying a house, which is smarter, but the stock would have to go 4x to avoid a mortgage(which is my dream.

turned 32 on the 2nd of this month. Seemingly lost without Elon. Need a big win and freedom from the banks.

Any advice, stories, input, good or bad, I wanna hear it.

thanks all!

Look I am old, and I wanna give you something to consider...
IF you are really sure of retirement then do NOT stop working. Nononono. Do not get me wrong hear me out.
Do not stop working, but instead start doing the same job with the same people but do it the way you believe it should be done. Don't hurt someone unintentionally. But if you feel like you always thought the job could be done better by doing it your way then try it out. What's the worst that happens? You become a legend?
EDIT: Evidently I quoted the wrong post...this was intended for the member that was considering quitting his job.
My idea was to just show up not wearing pants but this is a good plan too.
My only regret is that 80% of my shares are tied up in a retirement account and I'm too young (34) to take advantage of them early. Not a bad place to be in. :)
Same, but there is a point where it will be large enough that it won't matter.