Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me but once again I feel it's time to...

BrokenMeagerCoypu-size_restricted.gif

already did! ;)

28C1DA20-6151-4EB2-A930-6C1A76B85F17.jpeg

Last edited:
...but yes, seemed like some heavy hitters spent a lot of $ to get that reversal kindling today before the rest jumped in to pounce

it’s like everyone with a short term trading position long or short was scared sh!tless to hold with any conviction. talk about turbulence!

Indeed, there is likely interest by some heavy hitters to hold the TSLA price down at least temporarily, and not necessarily because they are relentless short sellers or friends of big oil. There's a need to make TSLA more affordable to S&P 500 funds before the inevitable entry of TSLA. There's also a need to make TSLA cheaper for those whom the investment banks would want to sell shares in a follow-on offering they may assume TSLA soon will make to finance huge expansion plans.

Such shoving down would normally be difficult considering steadfast fund ownership of TSLA, and strong long term retail owners concerned more about taxes than moderate share price losses. But amid the pandemic there are many sidelined sports bettors who have morphed into weak short term longs, and when the macro market is down it becomes easier for the manipulators to trigger a cascade of the novices' stop loss limits.

S&P 500 entry may put an end to much of this. So might a significant stock split, which would make trading more costly for the heavy hitters who have per share trading costs. Of course sports bettors likely will move back to their home fields when the pandemic ends. When these occur, the manipulators will need to look for greener grass.

So much for that dip.

Biden to Call for $2 Trillion in Spending on Clean Energy

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Joe Biden on Tuesday will call for setting a 100% clean-electricity standard by 2035 and investing $2 trillion over four years on clean energy, three people familiar with his plan said Monday.

Indeed, there is likely interest by some heavy hitters to hold the TSLA price down at least temporarily, and not necessarily because they are relentless short sellers or friends of big oil. There's a need to make TSLA more affordable to S&P 500 funds before the inevitable entry of TSLA. There's also a need to make TSLA cheaper for those whom the investment banks would want to sell shares in a follow-on offering they may assume TSLA soon will make to finance huge expansion plans.

Such shoving down would normally be difficult considering steadfast fund ownership of TSLA, and strong long term retail owners concerned more about taxes than moderate share price losses. But amid the pandemic there are many sidelined sports bettors who have morphed into weak short term longs, and when the macro market is down it becomes easier for the manipulators to trigger a cascade of the novices' stop loss limits.

S&P 500 entry may put an end to much of this. So might a significant stock split, which would make trading more costly for the heavy hitters who have per share trading costs. Of course sports bettors likely will move back to their home fields when the pandemic ends. When these occur, the manipulators will need to look for greener grass.
I like what you are saying but...How did the weak longs get their stock?

I like what you are saying but...How did the weak longs get their stock?

I realize what you must be thinking. But many of those sidelined sports bettors could have become day traders, quintessential weak short term longs. It would suit their style. Pehaps they're clients of Robinhood. Day traders are allowed to borrow more on margin, but must close margined positions by the end of the session. They would be especially concerned about heavily margined intra-day losses, and prone to setting tight stop loss limits.

Last edited:
So those 2 or 3 times I asked about the BB (and was joking) I guess we should have looked at it for real.
Curious why you would ask here instead of looking it up yourself and posting an informed comment?

SP zero'd in on the Upper-BB as soon as the Piper-Jaffrey upgrade came out. It's an important technical SP tgt.

Cheers!

I would argue that FSD working and producing income is much more speculative than growth in Energy and Solar.
Fair enough. I think we will get a lot more clarity on the Tesla Energy division during Battery Day. Hopefully Elon will give us his roadmap for how he sees energy & storage overtake the automotive division of the company in size. I know that we have a decent idea of how he plans to do it but it would help the broader investor community to hear it from him in a formal environment. That would give analysts an easy way in to introduce it to their models. Or at least plant the seeds in their heads.

So much for that dip.

Biden to Call for $2 Trillion in Spending on Clean Energy

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
"The plan also embraces Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s proposal to rapidly turn over of the nation’s automobile fleet, with taxpayers enticed by cash vouchers to trade in their gas-powered cars for plug-in electric, hybrid or hydrogen fuel cell cars, the two people said. "

Hi folks,

I wrote this on Sat. afternoon, and wanted to share it with you here:

"Very large brokerages"? Who else can afford to dump $32B in their owned shares to dump the SP $275 for a temporary victory? Who else is accumulating for what we now know will become the largest Mkt Cap equity on Wall St?

Rhetorical question. The answer is AJonah and the Whales.

Cheers!
It's a "dog and pony show" whenever Adam Jonas goes on CNBC. I've said it before in this forum that I have a relative that's married to a close co-worker of this clown (Jonas not Dodger):p I obviously don't know what Dodger is saying is truthful, but I do know it's the truth ;)

Doh, missed it by that much! ;)

Low: $1,471.11​

My experience is that on down days like this the SP will fade throughout the day and settle near its bottom just before the Close.

Cheers!

Thanks - Good to know @Artful Dodger. That’s a lesson I’ll keep in mind going forward.

is there a time pattern ( ie how long or how much it’s down for) you’ve noticed that determines a down day vs what looks like a dip getting ready to bounce back ?

Reactions: MaxPain
Impressive amount of MIC Model 3 going through state inspections in Shanghai. Carefully read the subtitles to get an idea of how many Tesla cars go through this one place. (Edit) Sorry someone beat me to this. I'll add one more thing. Jonas and his "ilk" know exactly how well Tesla is doing in China. Before covid-19 my relative by marriage visited Tesla Shanghai.

Last edited: