Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds similar to 3x leveraged ETFs. It's not as magical as it may sound as long term performance won't match the same long term as TSLA. They are using leveraged instruments such as options and other things to match the daily fluctuations (if it's daily matching), but paying fees and such in the long term. I don't fully understand it's details I used it for trading when SPY was super volatile, but then got freaked out with all these warnings and bailed as I didn't really understand what was going on behind the scenes.

Just remember nothing is free. If you are getting something on the front-end you're giving something up on the back-end. So you're getting 3x leverage, but losing ___________.

Here's a primer: Why 3x ETFs Are Riskier Than You Think.

Could still be worth it for you as it may outperform stock in the long-term, I just like to know what I'm giving up and how much, otherwise seems too much like a dice roll.
Yes, the warrant I am testing this strategy looks like ETF and it is risky an has some hidden costs... but I was more interested in comments about the trading strategy.

ARK Invest - hour ago: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) | White Paper by ARK Invest

Excerpt:

Paypal’s Venmo and Square’s Cash App are competing increasingly with traditional banks, forcing them into collective solutions like Zelle, while Waymo’s and Tesla’s focus on software and autonomy has forced the auto industry into more than a billion dollars of M&A for companies like Cruise Automation and Argo.

Note: Tesla is the top holding within the ARK ETFs.

Last edited:
I thought someone posted earlier today that the lightest volume day ever was a little over 6M shares...since you replied in the negative, do you know what the lightest day was?

This site fully tracks daily volume historically, but will only provide me 30-day average volume going back 5 years unless I sign up. Anyway, it shows a 30-day average daily volume of only 2.728 million back on Dec 29th, 2015:

Tesla 30-Day Average Daily Volume | TSLA

upload_2020-8-5_9-33-16.png

To the degree it matters, the IV on near term weekly options has shrunk from 90s to 70s, and today is mid 50s (everything else being equal, an option premium today is lower than an option premium last week or recently). One benefit of this lower IV is that buying calls today is more attractive strictly based on option premiums being lower today than recently (due to lower IV; not advice!).

Then again, selling options as I'm doing, I like sideways trading, so I'm ok with this :). Keep it sideways until we get close to the next significant news! That'd be just grand. And as was pointed out up thread, sideways around 1500 establishes this level as a new baseline for a new jumping off point, like say around the next quarterly earnings report.