Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of how cash dividends work, I wanted the official version of how a stock dividend works. The Tesla communication does not explain that. No one mentioned that trading would halt.

The moronic question bought out the correct, true answer from @accountant on how Netflix dividend split works. That was what I was working to get at.
Only that statement mattered, rest of the replies were all noise ;)

Now why can't Tesla incorporate that kind of sensible and timeless design language into their products? :confused:

5f337bf393ebbb337ffcaa33_profile%20studio.jpg

Yes, the design language of $170 sneakers.

1012343-NSOR_3.png

But the Hypedion design includes sound design. Check out the turbine-shriek of their futuristic vision. Maybe the supercapacitors are turbocharged. Even the headlights turn on with a sound effect.

Why can't Tesla do something like that? Everyone knows the noisier the vehicle, the bigger the penis.

Stop being an idiot and an asshole.
Forum is there to explain your thoughts, ask questions and get answers. The confusion for me is because of how Cash Dividends work.
Put me on ignore, add a disagree or reply back with a good explanation like the @accountant
I think the problem we're all having with you is that you didn't bother to read the many explanations that had already been written. Now you come here and demand that we answer your... well, they weren't questions, they were incorrect statements.

Here you go - normally this is classified info, but with the old splitterino I'll be reformulating, and raising...

View attachment 576514

Interesting @Lycanthrope .

Were your numbers arbitrary or was there a rationale for how you calculated the numbers ? Each GTC order looks to be about 10-15% above the previous level.

What have you adjusted the numbers to now with the "old spliterrino" ?

Last edited:
Oh dear ..

Hmmm, a 1000kg Bugatti-lookalike HFC car with 1000bhp 4WD, active aero body sections that double up as solar panels and supercapacitors that don’t overheat during sustained track work? .. Gullible investors step this way.

Hyperion might be the vapour-ware car division of NKLA.

More quantum-physics defying garbage claims can be seen here:-
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/hyperion-xp-1-hydrogen-powered-supercar-revealed

It's such a Fugazi, that they should have called it the Fugatti

I’m DCA every week. Does it make more sense to wait until 9/1 to buy anymore? Or does it even matter, ultimately.
IMO the stock split set a "sentimental floor" for the stock price, hence I see large spikes on 9/1 due to large transitioning from EV vaporware stocks to Tesla. Price of Tesla looks like the BTC boom(and just like the BTC boom, many many me too coins came out like dog coins). The stock split stopped all the speculation nonsense and it was a way for board of Tesla to say "stock price is fairly valued because you don't even know what's coming up next the next couple of quarters, so we don't anticipate it going down from here".

Last edited:
Stop being an idiot and an asshole.
Forum is there to explain your thoughts, ask questions and get answers. The confusion for me is because of how Cash Dividends work.
Put me on ignore, add a disagree or reply back with a good explanation like the @accountant
Hey all....let's all try to be civil here. This is a family of $TSLA bulls and while we may have disagreements, we all have one eye on the prize and that is $TSLA's mission, get rid of ICE, prove all the naysayers wrong, and for all of us to be Tesla 'aires' one day (Some are already there). A little bickering is healthy in 'all' relationships :) ATH's coming next week!!

Unpopular opinion alert:
People here keep talking about MM manipulation and capping. In reality the market makers don't give a crap regarding direction. Most of the times what happens is people with a ton of expiring options take profits. Essentially selling their calls. This puts downward pressure on the stock. If you took any profits on calls today, you've got yourself to blame.

Today is a good example. There were around 4.5 million shares equivalent (in delta terms) of expiring options (mostly calls) this morning. A lot of these are barely in the money not intended to take delivery on. As folks sell these, there will be a natural downward pressure. It takes time to digest the gains and move onward. From that perspective, even if we end flat today that's a great outcome.

The next week though looks better with a cleaner slate as the option overhang is not there.

Edit: actually next week is also heavy with expiring options as it's the monthly expiry. Looks like we might have to wait until after for a resumption
View attachment 576228

While I agree with your general thesis that options play a much bigger role for TSLA price movement, I don't think we can underestimate the manipulation on option expiry days. People don't usually wait until the last day of expiry to sell their options. TSLA is probably one of the biggest options market out there in terms of $ amount. MMs can use naked short selling as a tool to control the price if needed and then try to get neutral the week after, which usually explains why TSLA typically goes up on Mondays and/or Tuesdays. We also know one of the MMs actually owns a big chunk of TSLA shares.

The Fremont factory looks like a big mess compared to gf3 lol

Has Fremont got enough room for 8 giga presses? Giga Press - Wikipedia

Germany
As of July 2020 plans for the Tesla Giga Berlin factory in Brandenburg included provision and piling foundations for eight 6,100-tonne-force (60,000 kN) die casting machines
In May 2019, the first order for an over-5,500-tonne-force (54,000 kN) Giga Press was placed by Tesla, and scheduled for acceptance testing by February 2020.[8][13] The "big casting machine" would cast the Tesla Model Y rear chassis as a single component.[14] The OL 5500 CS machine was upgraded to OL 6100 CS specification for Tesla prior to delivery.[4][15]

In 2018 a patent application assigned to Tesla showed four Giga Press casting machines arranged at right angles for whole-vehicle unibody chassis casting.[16] In 2019 Jerome Guillen stated that Tesla Grohmann Automation were working on a "giant, giant, giant machine" using modular construction.[17]

No, that was point I was trying to make.
On 21st record date, owner of stock becomes eligible for 4 additional stocks(dividends)
If owner sells on 22nd, not only does he sell his stock, but also the rights to owning the dividend stocks.
(This is in contrast to the more common cash dividend, which goes to the owner of the stock on record date, regardless of if he sells after that).

Explain then, what is the point with a record date of 21th?

If the right to 4 new shares follow the share, right up and including 28th.. there are no record date of the 21th..as no names are put on record for the dividend shares..

For there to be any point with a record date of the 21th, those dividend shares have to belong to the owner of the share on the record date. Hence the name - record date.

Else.. the record date would have been 28th?

Yes, I am ignorant.. but your explanation just does not compute.

Edit: I guess thats just the way its done.

Apple & Tesla Stock Splits 2020 | TD Ameritrade

Last edited: