Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the key is SoW: System on Wafer. Rather than just the HW3 chip, this die will have both chips (4 NN cores), plus GPUs, Arm cores, flash and dynamic ram. Possibly also the video front ends.
Basically, they pull in all the high end ICs from the board to one wafer/ package. This reduces parts count, packaging costs, and board size while increasing theoretical bus speed and width. Downside is yeild impact due to die size (but that can be worked around with redundant circuits).
They can use the wafter as a substrate (nano PCB) and mount memory (or other) ICs to it with wirebond connections.
The Next Advanced Packages
I was trying to say this earlier, you said it much more clearly. Basically a full motherboard chipset on a chip. They can improve performance and reduce power and cost. For dojo chips operating as part of a large parallel processor, this design would also seem to be much more effective.

Bought 2 at 1896 and one at 1880. Terrible timing but what ever. My slow money bank transfer screwed me royal but what’s done is done. Just looking for maximum shares when the split occurs.
-Battery Day
-S&P
-Shanghai Ramp
-Berlin first deliveries
-Austin construction
-Autopilot
-Large scale battery installs w/ battery day tech reveal.

this is what gets me excited!!!!

Way to go everyone!

OT Dojo
I was trying to say this earlier, you said it much more clearly. Basically a full motherboard chipset on a chip. They can improve performance and reduce power and cost. For dojo chips operating as part of a large parallel processor, this design would also seem to be much more effective.

Speaking to Dojo:
Yeah, integration is good. Although, the volume of processors for Dojo may not match the extra NRE needed for SoW (10,000 times their FPGA count processing wise).
Regardless, based on the recent tweets about Dojo, it seems like this would be too early for the chip to be for it. HW4 was announced at Autopilot day and will be in the millions of units, so it fits better with this leak.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1294725858960084992
Dojo is still being built. Maybe a year or so from V1.0.
A lot of work remains. Technically, we have it working in sim with FPGAs at ~0.01% capability. This will be a true supercomputer.

Question to the folks who analyzed the Feb 4th rise and drop @Papafox @Artful Dodger @StealthP3D and others

Are we going to see the shenanigans of Tuesday Feb 4th at play again today? It is also a Tuesday and the SP seems to be running away from the MMs. Or is this a completely different beast now?

My guess is it will go higher than 2000 before Friday comes to a close. I just bought some 8/21 $2400 calls on the cheap for a hail Mary squeeze play. They were only $4.25 so we'll see how this all plays out. The $1800 8/21 calls I bought two weeks ago (for $8 bucks and change) have been amazing (although I sold 1/2 of them yesterday at a nice profit).

Last edited:
One thing nobody has mentioned yet regarding retirement is supposedly you can sell 4% of your total stock equity each year and you will never run out of money in your account during a long retirement. They ran backtracking models for various entry points and long time periods. Of course, that was for the S&P 500, not an extremely volatile name like TSLA. Anyway, applying this plan to TSLA means one can sell $40K per $1M of TSLA stock per year.

I use a diverse portfolio of dividend-paying REITs (yes some divvies are suspended due to COVID-19 but all of mine have enough runway to survive for an extended period), and some closed-end funds that own ~45% leveraged bank preferred stock portfolios (e.g. FFC return = ~7.3%) instead of an allocation to "Bonds" that pay almost nothing.

My plan is to withdraw (instead of DRIP) our REIT dividends to pay some bills and withdraw 1-4% annually to cover the rest. We're fortunate because we have already paid off our Silicon Valley home mortgage. The cost of housing here is by far the highest living expense. We are debt-free except for the remaining balance on our Model 3 auto loan. We also have a steady stream of monthly property management fees that is easy to maintain during retirement without much effort, and my wife started collecting some SocSec.

None of the above is advice since everyone's situation is different and I'm not licensed to give financial advice.
Thought the wifey hustles the WSOP tour making the other players eat the 'nuts' :)

Other things being equal is it better to roll over when SP is higher or when SP is lower?

If you have a "roll" function with your broker then I guess it makes no difference.

I don't, I have to sell and rebuy, which bring risk and opportunity in equal measure :) Obviously if I sell I will do so when the SP appears to be at an apogee today or tomorrow, then let it run into end of the week when we usually get more MMonkey business.

• Informative
Reactions: Gilesmiles
Profit taking at this level and after such a runup is pretty normal. Many people on this uberbull board are talking about selling some, so can you imagine what those of lesser faith are contemplating.

I don't know what your talking about, but I am sure I will remember my trading account password by the time TSLA's market cap is a trillion.