Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just thinking inside the bottle (outside the box).
Actually I drink one day a week...Friday, with friends.
I wish it was Friday. If the stock finishes anything over $1800 this week Tesla will be a topic I will bring up. I was very forceful a friday a few weeks back trying to get a close friend to start ROTH 401's for his 2 kids using TSLA at $900/share. I told him he'd seem way cool to his kids when they found out their old man bought TSLA back when it was a "struggling" company. And it was the leader in solving the world's energy problems.
Then again he took the family to Las Vegas 2 weeks ago, and I told him to go in the Desert at night with his two kids (early teens) and show them the Meteor because it would "time stamp" their lives to his. And he didn't. Meteors and Solar eclipses...things to measure time by.
My 10 year old son and I have conversations every morning when the market opens and milestones of SP that $TSLA reaches. Today, he said to me "Dad...does $TSLA ever stop going up?" :) Quality time well spent.

California Reveals That the Transition to Renewable Energy Isn’t So Simple
But lithium-ion battery systems are usually designed for only a few hours of storage—enough to accommodate much of the daily swings in solar generation, but not the type of extreme surges in demand we’ve seen this week.

Tesla can't ramp their battery business fast enough. Side note, this is what Tesla and renewables are up against. Even supposedly "left wing" sources are always very critical of new tech and renewables. Unrelated question, does anyone know how long the outages typically are? (hint, it's less than a few hours)

I realize this is political, but it is related to Tesla. I first posted it in the Market Politics thread. But posters there tend to focus on Politics and rarely on its relation to the Market.

That being said, it may be a partial explanation for today's pop in Tesla shares. If during the acceptance speech tonight there is significant mention of Green Energy, it will be interesting to see the reaction from Tesla shares tomorrow.

WSJ - today: Green-Energy Shares Rise Along With Joe Biden’s Polling

Excerpt:

Investors betting that Joe Biden will win the presidential election are buying up clean-energy stocks, sending the share prices of some companies to all-time highs.

The WilderHill Clean Energy Index, a compilation of green-power companies listed on U.S. exchanges, surged to an over nine-year high Wednesday. It has climbed 33% since the beginning of July. Its biggest companies include First Solar Inc . and Tesla Inc .

" A Biden victory would add huge impetus to the transition" to a lower-carbon economy, said Simon Webber, a Schroders portfolio manager for global equities. "The growth outlook for electric vehicles, renewables, hydrogen power, battery storage and many more industries would be turbocharged."
So let me get this straight. If we combine GLJ with WSJ we are watching THIS unfold -

1) Someone thinks TSLA will pop to >2100 tomorrow based on tonight Biden speech
2) They are buying a bunch of Friday 2100 call options
3) The option writers have to buy stock - that's what's happening today

Have I got that right?

So let me get this straight. If we combine GLJ with WSJ we are watching THIS unfold -

1) Someone thinks TSLA will pop to >2100 tomorrow based on tonight Biden speech
2) They are buying a bunch of Friday 2100 call options
3) The option writers have to buy stock - that's what's happening today

Have I got that right?
That sounds exactly like what a WSBer who suddenly became a billionaire would do

upload_2020-8-20_11-44-53.png