Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, is naked shorting back now after Aug 21st date?

I don't think anyone here has a good handle on the answer to that.

Having said that, I don't think the turbulence this morning is evidence of naked shorting one way or the other. This is a perfectly normal market reaction/correction for a high-flying stock. It's actually a pretty tame move. If anything, the extreme price stability we have seen recently is better evidence of market manipulation than a sudden drop.

So like... check out this image, which was shared in the DEF14A statement issued by Tesla this morning to SEC.

This I assume is the cover of the shareholder materials for the shareholders meeting and Battery Day.

In fact I think it is a lot related to Battery Day.

Look at these lines in the photo. Are these Amprius's silicon nanowires? It would be totally like Tesla/Elon to reveal the Big Reveal before the event. You wanna bet what we're looking at here is not a close-up of a pin-stripe suit, but an electron micrograph of the new nanotube anodes on the cells?

upload_2020-8-24_8-27-47.png

His pre-release description of smart summon as mind blowing would be a good example.

That said- I expect a lot more out of the re-write than what we got with smart summon.

(there's plenty of others where obviously the promised dates came and went and we're still waiting sometimes years later- but those certainly still CAN come true further down the line, and I'd expect most of em to do so)

I expect a Plaid S to be the big news the casual viewer/stock buyer gets out of it... rest, like with the stuff from autonomy day, is gonna be a lot of wonky tech stuff whose main impact is still to come later and will go over the heads of casual observers.
Looks like we're going back to the problem with Elon's communication. To him, it might have been mind blowing due to technical breakthroughs behind the scene because he's an engineer. To us, it might be underwhelming but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Just like when he said "I'm confident." That reflects an internal thought process without the intention to assure us something will happen.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. When Smart Summon was released it was blowing minds from Coast to Coast as evidenced by over 100 YouTube videos. People were totally freaked out to see a car driving itself through a parking lot.

Maybe you have a short memory.;)
I try to only use smart summon when there are no pedestrians and no moving vehicles. But the other day a couple of people had left the building after me and I hadn't seen them so they saw my car roll up the lane, turn out the end (complete with turn signal) and come to a halt for me to hop in. That is when I saw them. One was gawking openly, the other was doing level best to try and not stare.

Now, it isn't always that spectacular and (infrequently) I use the kill switch to stop its sudden lurch towards the line of parked cars :oops: but the main reason I don't want observers is I fear (rightly or wrongly) that people will be uncomfortable with the car driving itself. I don't like the fuss, I don't like attention -- and yet I bought a Tesla. Sigh.

What a weird trading minute! O 1,997.40 H 1,998.81 L 1,927.52 C 1,945.65 at 08/24/2020 9:55 AM Thoughts?

View attachment 580075

So the volume was 193K during the 09:55 minute? That's shortzes dumping to get their -$200 price/bottom. I think those even numbers are like cat nip to those guys (okay well, coke). :p

P.S. So NASDAQ (15-min delayed reports) that the VWAP for the 09:55 minute was $1,964.00 and the volume was 418,704 shares.

This is UNPRECEDENTED high volume for a single minute that is not at the Open or Close, and shows that somebody is VERY interested in accumulating shares of TSLA.

Last edited:
So like... check out this image, which was shared in the DEF14A statement issued by Tesla this morning to SEC.

This I assume is the cover of the shareholder materials for the shareholders meeting and Battery Day.

Look at these lines in the photo. Are these Amprius's silicon nanowires? It would be totally like Tesla/Elon to reveal the Big Reveal before the event. You wanna bet what we're looking at here is not a close-up of a pin-stripe suit, but an electron micrograph of the new nanotube anodes on the cells?

View attachment 580076
It's definitely intended to represent some sort of cathode/anode setup sharing electrons. Silicone nanowires is the best theory I've read so far.

I try to only use smart summon when there are no pedestrians and no moving vehicles. But the other day a couple of people had left the building after me and I hadn't seen them so they saw my car roll up the lane, turn out the end (complete with turn signal) and come to a halt for me to hop in. That is when I saw them. One was gawking openly, the other was doing level best to try and not stare.

Now, it isn't always that spectacular and (infrequently) I use the kill switch to stop its sudden lurch towards the line of parked cars :oops: but the main reason I don't want observers is I fear (rightly or wrongly) that people will be uncomfortable with the car driving itself. I don't like the fuss, I don't like attention -- and yet I bought a Tesla. Sigh.

Is it me or is SS so much better recently? I have used it twice during down pours and both times it worked! In contrast, trying to get it working 6 months ago in another parking lot was a choir since it stops randomly and disconnect.

Sick of “I don’t understand TSLA but AAPL I get”

actually the other way around.

all these analysts who missed TSLA and now are stuck in AAPL trying to squeeze some growth juice out of it.
That's the same woman who was a naysayer from this video in 2015. So she learned nothing in 5 years!?! CNBC is a joke.

Tesla, the Apple of autos: Pro

Q3 will make it super obvious that we will hit 500K deliveries this year.
I don't think the market is ready for that.

Comments during the Q2 call (forget whether Elon or Drew or Zach) were that 500K deliveries were still possible, but more difficult to achieve. If you're right that Q3's deliveries are high enough that 500K for the year is easy, that would be a surprise even to us bulls.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D

View attachment 580076

Tesla Battery Day Thumbnail Hints at High-Performance Nanowire Supercapacitor

Another one of those brilliant Electronic vehicle analysts :rolleyes:

I would like to know where that term came from. "Electronic vehicle" is so unnatural. Obviously it should be "electric vehicle", right? So it makes me think it came from the same place that brought us words like "Democrat" party and "entitlements". A conservative think tank brainstorming to help re-frame the way people think about things. I mean, "Democratic" party, the standard way to say it for decades, simply sounds too noble and good. And "entitlements" helps make a secure retirement sound like something only a spoiled rotten brat would demand.

"Electronic" car sounds old-fashioned and undesirable hence the preferred way for conservative supporters of the oil industry to refer to the latest perceived threat to their income stream.

Yes, but that conversation, IIRC, was in reference to Fremont and was a while back. If these presses are outperforming expectations they fairly obviously can support both Y and 3. We don't know, but the Chinese phots did show one piece castings labeled both Y and 3.
Right,it was from 4 months ago, but Elon referenced the next 2 years.. You mentioned Fremont 3s getting higher crash rating, which would require them to get the new castings. However, the 3 pic translated from China is not a casting:
Translated post:
model_3_image.PNG

Q1 2020 update:
model_3_letter.PNG

Is it me or is SS so much better recently? I have used it twice during down pours and both times it worked! In contrast, trying to get it working 6 months ago in another parking lot was a choir since it stops randomly and disconnect.

From six months ago? Maybe so. It is definitely better than when it was first released. But there are so many variables it is difficult to untangle luck from the specific circumstances. I keep meaning to do some testing in a parking lot on a weekend that I used at initial release to get a decent comparison as to how much better, but so far I have been forgetting.