Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you all have all your shares in your account? Consors (a German broker) will not give the split shares for a full 3(!) days only giving them out on 2-Sept since they claim they didn't get the additional shares yet:

Translation:

Source: TSLA (Aktie Tesla Inc.)

I find this a bit suspicious - that's why there was a date a full week ahead of the split for everyone to get their records in order. Does everyone else have their full shares?

My UK broker, Hargreaves Lansdown, informed TSLA shareholders that the new shares (the dividends) will take until the end of this week to be added to our accounts:

It’s expected that the new shares will be issued by 3 September, but this can’t be guaranteed. The new shares will be credited to your portfolio once we’ve been issued with them. Please note that from market open on 31 August, until the shares are credited to you, your holding will show a value of only 20% of its real worth. This will correct itself as soon as the new shares are added to your portfolio. If you sell your shares at any point during this period please bear in mind you are effectively only selling a fifth of your entitled holding and will still get the bonus shares credited shortly after.

Yeah, I don't feel great about it... particularly as we're breaking new ATHs and my portfolio looks depressing. It sounds like it's the case with a lot of European shareholders. Not clear what's taking these guys an extra week...

I recently developed this habit of taking screenshots of my portfolio value in my broker's mobile app at the end of each trading day to record its daily appreciation... in other words, how much richer I became every up day (so basically every trading day). The fact that this ridiculous habit cannot be satisfied this week gives me a lot of anxiety!

Last edited:
CNBC teased they will be discussing the TSLA and AAPL post-split action at the top of the hour to "help people sort it out".

Right now, they are talking to a "boring banker".

They just said: "Good morning. It is 8 am at Tesla HQ in Palo Alto, California" LMFAO!

Update:
  1. The point of a split is to attract investors discouraged by a high share price.
  2. Target prices for Tesla are all below this.
  3. Analysts say they are the EV market now. Until competitors can produce competitive products the sentiment won't change.
The way today is going, it might be a paper Roadster II day! $484.39 ATH intraday!

upload_2020-8-31_8-4-59.png

FOMO! FOMO!! FOMO!!! FOMO!!!! FOMO!!!!!

Last edited:
My broker is Binck (part of Saxo), a big broker in Europe. Friday I owned two TSLA calls valued at about $20k combined. I thought I'd be years before I'd join the Teslanaire club, but here comes monday morning after the split, and I'm in the club, lol. Right now these two (now 10, at least they got that right) are listed as valued $1715k. Man, how hard can it be?

I hope Tesla is paying attention and considering filing a formal complaint with the SEC, for all the good that will do. I do think Tesla should announce it publicly with a good layman's explanation of the shady things happening.
This dividend split as opposed to a share split was a brilliant move by Elon, Hiro and company. I do not think the shorts that are scrambling to produce dividend shares have been sitting on their hands. I think they've been scrambling since the announcement of the dividend and have not been able to get all that they need. In other words, the amount of fake shares sold by manipulative MMs over the past few years to cap the the SP is enormous. I think there is a good chance there will be some law suits as a result of this sh1tstorm.

There was a lot of talk about the psychology of TSLA's split. In my undergrad I minored in physics not because I liked it (boring) but because numbers are intuitive to me and physics represented easy grades that was at least a bit more interesting than math. I also had to do these dreaded "arts options" so I loaded up on psychology courses to fulfill that commitment. I figured I was immune to the effects of the psychology of the TSLA split.

Then I looked at my account this morning to be sure everything converted correctly. Prior to split I was 7 shares short of a nice round number of shares. That seemed like a daunting task at $2K+/share. However now I'm only 35 shares short of a nice round number and it immediately seemed like a simpler task to achieve because I have so many shares already and now the price is so low.

Second thing I noticed is my broker charges $10/transaction. Buying 2 shares for a $10 fee feels like a rip-off: $5/share!!! On the other hand, now I can afford 10 shares, that brings the cost down to $1/share, much more reasonable.

It only took about 2-3 seconds for my rational brain to overcome the emotional one and point out the error in my thinking, but for a moment there the psychology of the split affected me, and I thought I'd be immune. Interesting...
Yeah.
I am 64, and had a similar aptitude for Physics... and Psychology. It was because I had an interest in WTF was happening around me, and inside me. I only learned the math so I could settle arguments inside of myself, and Math was the language of Physics.
As to Psych and TSLA (not Tesla, just the stock numbers and money), TSLA has me looking at myself and learning I am so much of a retard. (Yes "retard" is now objectionable to some. I never use it to describe people that might be "special." And yes I still know I am creating conflict, but I am meeting that segment halfway. Which if they were normal/good they would do.)
I see how poorly my mind works when it gets Subjective instead of Objective.

My mom is 87. I convinced her to buy some shares at $85 each several years ago. She tried to buy 1,000 but the idiot on the phone at Schwab talked her out of it, telling her that was too much because TSLA was rated an 'F' at the time, so she only bought 200.]

I've been with Schwab for around 25 years and a Schwab equity rating of "F" (or "D") is often a "buy" signal for me! Schwab had TSLA at an "F" rating from the $178 low last June all the way into November around $350 when they raised it to a "D" (meaning "sell"). They didn't raise it to a "C" until February around $1450. This is what Schwab says about "C" rated stocks:

Marketperform

An investor would not usually consider a "C" rated stock for purchase. If you have a "C" rated stock in your portfolio, you should consider continuing to hold the stock, and might monitor the stock's ongoing peformance and compare the potential benefits of owning a stock with higher ratings.

The bottom line is the best performing stocks are almost always rated "F" or "D" before they start to appreciate and so I pay very little attention to the Schwab rating (more likely to use it as a contrarian indicator). If TSLA ever gets to a "A" rating, sell it all! ;)