Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like Robinhood has new software running their operations while the others have old legacy code which is more cumbersome to update.

Perhaps RH needed new code to make their business model work.
Or they couldn't afford the mainframes and COBOL programmers that the other use. (And I believe it's legacy COBOL, not modern COBOL).

In a presentation I delivered on EVs, I researched the development of the steam engine. James Watt had the patent/license (?) designed to exclude the use of Steam in any form of transportation and vigorously pursued any violations. Only in the US, far from the European laws did Fulton adapt a stationary steam engine to power a boat (a patent violation) and get away with it. Not a patent atty so this is likely somewhat mis-informed.
In that era the US was stealing IP at a rate that would make China blush today. (Wasn't called stealing IP in those days, just "I don't give a damn about your patent and you can't do anything about it anyway.")

I recently developed this habit of taking screenshots of my portfolio value in my broker's mobile app at the end of each trading day to record its daily appreciation... in other words, how much richer I became every up day (so basically every trading day). The fact that this ridiculous habit cannot be satisfied this week gives me a lot of anxiety!

Instead of screenshots, I found the best way for me is to have a GoogleSheet that mimics my trading account. This way, i have near-realtime portfolio value and exact personal daily/history trending and snapshots.

This also removes the temptation to daytrade for quick gain since the buy/sell button is not available. I lost a lot of shares because of constantly logging in to try and time the market.

WTF are these bizarre candles I'm seeing?

upload_2020-8-31_8-36-59.png

My family is standing around the Tesla chart now instead of the campfire like in the "old" days.

See. Everyone wants to do what I do. I’m the newest Internet trendsetter and influencer. And it’s why I didn’t get the island (yet), but instead bought a mountain. In classic terms that’s called a head fake.
Depends on locale.
If your mountain is surrounded by low terrain it may soon become an island.
Win-win!

• Select features are currently unavailable: You may be experiencing slowness logging on to the TD Ameritrade web platforms and mobile app. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to restore service as soon as possible.

Bottom line is you can log in but it takes awhile. Other than slowness, the numbers seem to be correct. Pending sell orders look correct (but it needs to get much higher than $500 before they trigger :) I don't have any options or stuff, so I can't speak for those.