Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that's about right. Float here $380-440 as more folks pile in on the hopes of a Battery Day or S&P inclusion lottery ticket.

I could see Battery Day being a slight sell the news event regardless of the amazing nature of the announcements. That's just the pattern day traders usually follow.

Loving this backdrop of S&P inclusion, even now with a date even more uncertain. The specter of an any-moment-squeeze must have all these non-longs on their toes!

Edit: I still have ATH as an absolute minimum target for 1 minute post-inclusion. I know it's not as cool of a board sentiment these days, but nothing has changed from my perspective. If someone wanted to pay $531 for a share a few weeks ago, they'll certainly have to start there once inclusion is under way.

Will be interesting though because Q3 P/D will be under 2 weeks away on Battery Day which could counter any sort of attemp to sell off.

The one thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is that the annual shareholder meeting is the same day...which will allow Tesla to issue comments on how the current quarter is going, how they're looking for 500k+, etc...there could be material information given out at the shareholder part of the day

Re proposed Teslanaire nomenclature:

Yes - because it'd be too easy to be a Teslanaire by "just" buying $1M worth of Stock. Nouveau riches, no brains nor taste, which is an even worse sin - we've had enough of them in the USSA

Yep. If you can buy $1 million in TSLA you're *just* a millionaire. :D

You have to have PROFITED $1 million+ in TSLA stock/options to be a "Teslanaire".

I would also suggest that you cannot have had more than $1 million in liquid assets before investing in TSLA to be considered a "Teslanaire", i.e., you have $1 million+ in liquid assets now solely because of your investment in TSLA.

full disclosure: I have leather in vehicles I own where there was no option offered by the manufacturer but I am not a fan of leather seats for a number of reasons including due to how they wear and age.

I have purposely factory ordered cars without leather for my own use, and love the fact that the interior looks good years on.

Porsche, Bmw, MBz all offer non leather options, and Range Rover ie the velar was launched with Leather as the “cheap” trim and the highest end trim was non- leather.

Bentley is working on pineapple ( animal free ) leathers. While others are exploring mushroom leathers. These will be expensive options to eliminate the leather.

Car enthusiasts pay extra in $500k to 2.5 million dollar Ferrari’s for the non-leather Alcantara (non animal based fabric) as a highly desired option - primarily for reasons including weight savings, and anecdotally I can say I know a couple of owners who are vegan so ordered their Ferrari’s with carbon fibre and Alcantara but no leather.

Bentley Goes Vegan and Leather Alternatives 101 | Vegan Interior Design & Cruelty-Free Trademark

From the business side of things Elon is way ahead of the game. He caught on to this - and eliminated the leather seating in Tesla’s years ago. Maybe there were some that didn’t like that, but it hasn’t hurt the sales numbers - particularly with younger people.

I’m glad he’s innovating & sees what people want. Leather was available from Tesla when I bought my S, I purposely waited to get a non leather seat version, and had to wait longer to get one at the time. A couple of sales guys at Tesla at the time told me that it was a popular request to have non leather seats.

not surprisingly Tesla made it standard on all Tesla’s a little while later.
He who makes desirable, cheap EVs will win.

Agree with minor changes " He who makes desirable, best ownership cost EVs will win." autobidder and robotaxis

Yep. If you can buy $1 million in TSLA you're *just* a millionaire. :D

You have to have PROFITED $1 million+ in TSLA stock/options to be a "Teslanaire".

I would also suggest that you cannot have had more than $1 million in liquid assets before investing in TSLA to be considered a "Teslanaire", i.e., you have $1 million+ in liquid assets now solely because of your investment in TSLA.

Y’all are gonna make these rules more obscure than S&P inclusion. Maybe you should form a committee. :rolleyes:

So how many "ick engines" does your family own, operate and maintain? Serious question.

Please include any tool or vehicle containing one of these "ick engines". :)

Zero.

Battery powered lawn mower and weed wacker.

Actually getting rid of those old gas cans for the lawn mowers was a major hassle.

I would like to get a snow blower, but the electric ones are toys. Not sure what I am going to do.

I don't know why (except end of quarter) but Tesla sent an email to me today linking to UK stock, used and new. First such email.

Of the new Model 3 stock,
3 LR AWD (now 2),
20 SR+ (only 4 marked as in transit)
and nearly 40 (now 35) performance, some with nearly 1000 miles range, some with < 50 miles. Not huge numbers, I've never looked at this page before so I don't know what is normal, but the ratio struck me as odd. Some might be ones from demo/returns and some might be on ships (5 performance 'In Transit').

For many, Performance is the only option I guess, or for recent deliveries, Tesla want to maximise sales values if boat space is at a premium.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

I think they're clearing out the demo/showroom vehicles.

Used:
Zero Model 3
3 S
4 X

A counter point: the scenarios here only represent certain milestones on a spectrum that contains an infinite number of possible outcomes. If you look at the big jump from 3400 to 15000.
3400: Lower costs, no Autonomous
15000: No lower costs, Autonomous
This is a huge gap that most likely won't manifest in reality.
Who's to say that Tesla won't end up with Autonomous in America but not Asia or Europe and costs will only go down moderately? We can argue that there will be a scenario not listed here that justifies $7,000 based on these scenarios which are just reference points.
I'm not predicting where Tesla will end up. Your scenario is theoretically possible. (In my view, Tesla does not need robotaxis at all to reach $7,000).

Regarding the huge gap, their two major outcomes suggest this is exactly will happen. It's either very good success or the so-called "holy grail". Think of a pharma company that, among other things, searches for a cure for cancer where success in that one facet makes them 5-10x more valuable. Ark projects robotaxis to have a similar effect on TSLA.

Despite the "Expected Value = $7,000" box, the $7,000 value doesn't even exist on Ark's own chart below. It's a worthless amalgam created by multiplying outcomes x percentages and adding them together. It is not a scenario.

Tesla-Price-Valuation-Blog-Graph-1-ARK-Invest.png

View attachment 586690

One FUD article and this guy gets all flustered? Now he knows how Elon feels on a daily basis....this is only the beginning. :)

I didn’t read that article as FUD though. I’ll bet more truth then fiction. That guy and his company is all snake oil and bullsugar. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that guy in jail sooner or later.

I'm not predicting where Tesla will end up. Your scenario is theoretically possible. (In my view, Tesla does not need robotaxis at all to reach $7,000).

Regarding the huge gap, their two major outcomes suggest this is exactly will happen. It's either very good success or the so-called "holy grail". Think of a pharma company that, among other things, searches for a cure for cancer where success in that one facet makes them 5-10x more valuable. Ark projects robotaxis to have a similar effect on TSLA.

Despite the "Expected Value = $7,000" box, the $7,000 value doesn't even exist on Ark's own chart below. It's a worthless amalgam created by multiplying outcomes x percentages and adding them together. It is not a scenario.

Tesla-Price-Valuation-Blog-Graph-1-ARK-Invest.png
I wouldn’t say the expected value is worthless. Remember, the scenarios aren’t deterministic, they're probabilistic. If you run enough "realizations" of the scenarios with the stated probabilities, the average valuation of all those realizations would be $7000.

The expected value of the roll of a six-sided die is 3.5 (1/6x1+1/6x2+...). There is no realization (roll) that will give you 3.5, but if you roll enough times, that is what the average of the outcomes will be. It’s what determines the payout in craps.

Zero.

Battery powered lawn mower and weed wacker.

Actually getting rid of those old gas cans for the lawn mowers was a major hassle.

I would like to get a snow blower, but the electric ones are toys. Not sure what I am going to do.

Check out the new two stage snowblower from Ego. Definitely not a toy.

Ego still makes their less expensive single stage snow blower for lighter work.

Both models come with dual 7.5 Ah 56 V batteries, and the two stage model includes a dual charger. The single stage comes with a single fast charger.

OT. I know, but these developments show the ability of Li-ion battery power to match ICE power and take market share from IC engines. Like Elon once said “everything but rockets.” :)

I'm just amazed in what this guy has done. When you look at his background... there is nothing. No record of building a company. No school. No accomplishments. Not that there is anything wrong with that... But.. how on earth is this guy raising the sort of money he is raising? I just don't get it.
What am I missing?
Criminality