Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in no particular order...
1. Recruiting : show what they're working on to attract top talent
2. PR : tell the world about what Tesla is up to and generate a lot of positive buzz for company
3. Announce upcoming products and generate consumer enthusiasm
4. Boost company morale

It's very similar to why Apple does their product announcement events instead of just doing a press release.
5. Convince battery material suppliers that Tesla means business.

Who gives a care? It doesn't matter one iota. The closing price today will have no effect on how the market reacts to the upcoming presentations.

I'm not posting it in a way to be negative. I do no short term trading. I just find the volume and lack of FOMO buying to be interesting. I'd love nothing more than for Wall St to be caught with it's pants down, yet again, if some material information is dropped in either Shareholder or Battery day parts which causes the stock to gap up 10%+ tomorrow morning.........especially since there is obvious capping going on right now to ensure tesla stock isn't trending upwards with macro's

If I had more funds available to me, I'd be buying more on this dip, no questions asked.

If sell-the-news does come into play and we have a sizeable dip tomorrow, I have one advice to everyone:

B.t.F.D.

Buy the F***g Dip
il_794xN.2401204864_k2hg.jpg

Last edited:
Are the cold air thrusters that loud? If so then any suggestion that they will be used on a street car sounds crazy.

I'm at the 5k point in the reservation list for the tri-motor so unless they decide to deliver to local buyers first I'll be sure to let you all know what's it's like. ;)

Temperature doesn't matter. Thrust is 1/2 Mass x V^2. Laws of physiks apply to Roadsters.

People are mostly clueless/fact free, but love to tell a story/indulge in fantasy. And poor. o_O

Wouldn't be battery day with our fav GJ making his dumb comments;

Enjoy! "5 people have died according to tesladeaths.com relying on tesla's battery technology"...Did not know that batteries killed people....Guess you learn something new every day.

Dude even compared $NKLA to $TSLA....god..this guy is soooooooooo STUPID!
No this guy is not stupid, he is a paid basher and pretty good at it.

He knows he won’t be able to convince anyone with a slight sign of intelligence, so he lowers his level and speaks the language of his target audience.

This guy is at the bottom 10% percent on TipRanks, you can not achieve that by randomly throwing darts, this guy knows his stuff, what you need to know is to move the opposite direction of his suggestions.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: BornToFly
Closed my Sept 25th CC at 70% gains.
Reset for Oct 2nd $520 - ~ 14$ premium (against jan 21's .. so don't mind it being called) ... cheers!!

I saw those, thought about doing the same. :eek: But 520 is far too easily to reach when it's Post Sell The News next week. It is quite strange that the 540, one step up, drops off so significantly in price.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
Did you take into account the current ten-day hiatus on MiC M3 production?
Giga Shanghai isn't production limited by General Assembly, or any other process in Tesla's control. They're limited by the supply of LG Chem cells, which appear to be delivered at the rate of ~12K/mth.

There was a recent production surge at Giga Shanghai (2 weeks ago). I presume they used up their supply of cells easily before going into the maintenance period, so Q3 production should be unaffected. I est'd ~36K for the qtr.

Silver lining is that it's very likely MiC Model 3 comes with significant upgrades beginning in October, including Model Y-style Heatpump/Octavalve, powered rear lift-gate, and some others.

Cheers!

Question: Is the stock split a permanent thing or will they revert back eventually?

It is permanent without more Tesla Board action. The Tesla Board could decide at any time to do more splits or reverse splits. Reverse splits are unlikely. Splitting again once price get to the $2,500 range is probably more likely than not since it worked pretty well last time.

Reactions: oldTAVguy
I don't think Elon mentioned how difficult it is to ramp production in order to excuse an expected slip into 2023. He mentioned it to set expectations that it is going to take until 2022 to significantly ramp up battery production even though there's already a test line currently up and running. There won't be a huge number of RR batteries available in 2021 so we'll see some semis rolling off the line but there won't be mass production at first. Also, the Cybertruck and especially the Roadster will have to wait until production massively increases. Maybe there will be enough to get some Cybertruck out the door late in 2021 but we won't see the Roadster until 2022.
Exactly. The target date for mass supply of RR cells is 2022 based on the expected difficulty. My rather wordy reply was to say that I think it's likely to slip a little given how optimistic Elon has traditionally been.

Reactions: oldTAVguy