Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple question: Do you think Tesla will be worth more in 10+ years?

I suppose that is the point of my post...i don’t know how to value that or predict this. I do believe Tesla will continue to grow, perhaps substantially, over the years. however, the stock price has gone up so much that it seems that the future growth is already priced in.

are peoples expectation here that Tesla will become as big and profitable as say Apple, Thus resulting in more stock appreciation?

I think many people misunderstood. Tesla is making the new cells now, at a slow rate. They didn't say what the rate is, only that they are working on ramping now.

They don't have all of the improvements in place, yet. For instance, I have the impression that the maxwell dry process is not in place, yet.

So they are making those cells now, but they haven't achieved all of the pieces yet that will lead to ramping production and lowering costs to their targets.

I think many people confused pieces of the presentation. Maybe I did, too. If so, I'm sure I will receive corrections. :)

No I think you got it.
Elon said many times making the machine that makes the machine is the hardest.
They COULD make a car with all the improvements..... maybe even a couple hundred. But they are driving towards a crazy amount of numbers. That takes efficiency and design to build to a huge scale.

I suppose that is the point of my post...i don’t know how to value that or predict this. I do believe Tesla will continue to grow, perhaps substantially, over the years. however, the stock price has gone up so much that it seems that the future growth is already priced in.

are peoples expectation here that Tesla will become as big and profitable as say Apple, Thus resulting in more stock appreciation?
Ugh, sit down and watch this.
https://twitter.com/teslapodcast/status/1308672187318976514?s=21

Tesla will grow deliveries 50% year over year for quite some time.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see a lot of talk about the logistics of Tesla’s battery ambitions:

they’re building two more US facilities? - (attached)

I see you Tulsa and south Missouri.

Attachments

• F30DD09E-5FD7-4B16-B0AF-63CACE27ACE6.png
    F30DD09E-5FD7-4B16-B0AF-63CACE27ACE6.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
Berlin Y production is now very confusing. I don't know how to reconcile the battery day information with Q1/2 2021 Berlin production. I do think the stamped structure will be used before the new pack is available.

The Berlin plan B may be to supply Y to Europe from Fremont and China if the local ramp is slow.

A lower range Cybertruck could also be build with 2170 tech. I'm sure Tesla has multiple possible tech paths planned depending on how the new processes mature.

I'm also sure that there is a high cycle battery in development for the semi and storage. Battery day was about making batteries. I think Musk felt he said plenty. Retail oriented product focused listeners seem to mostly disagree.

yeah it’s 20+ different substantial process/product improvements that will hit the consumer at different times.

consider apple, who has a GIGANTIC pile of cash

I love their products...but

You give Elon money and he’s like, “we’re redefining this (extremely critical) industry”

and it will be spent to the last drop, to the edges quarter by quarter.

Why is that? TCO is unbievable good then, e.g. highly negative.

Does it really matter if the Battery pack costs are 5000 or 20000$, if FSD costs 100000$?

The goal of Tesla is to push humanity into sustainable energy.

Without cheap storage, solar and wind will never be more than a supplement, because the sun doesnt always shine, and the wind doesn't always blow.

With cheap storage, solar and wind can power everything.

apple is the golden god of walled gardens. So much of its revenue growth is guaranteed due to this. It is one of the safest places for money to be due to this.