Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very surprised to hear Tesla saying they were going to do their own recycling. I wonder if they've really done work in this area, or whether it is another aspirational goal.

How would JB's Redwood Material take a trouncing? It's a private company.

Too funny on KCAC (SPAC set to acquire Quantumscape, Gate's battery cell play). That's what you get Bill when you get involved in stuff you don't know anything about :p (reference to Elon and Bill's little twitter spat).

My take, and I might have mis-heard, was that Tesla was going to do their own recycling, but only on their own batteries.

I.e. they don't want everyone else's cell phone stuff which they may or may not know how to take apart and get highest yields on the raw materials, but on their own batteries that they produced say 15 years ago, they want those because they know exactly how they can take them apart to obtain the most material.

But, perhaps I mis-heard.

TSLA's 50-Day Simple Moving Average (yellow line in chart) has been supportive for quite a while. Let's see if that continues amid the current drop. If so, that could be a bullish technical signal.

upload_2020-9-23_16-24-36.png

TSLA's 50-Day Simple Moving Average has been supportive for quite a while. Let's see if that continues amid the current drop. If so, that could be a bullish technical signal.

View attachment 591498

Literally just got your book in the mail a few minutes ago.

Look forward to diving into the nitty gritty on charts. Thanks for the work.

That thought crossed my mind until I considered that very issue. Now, there is space under the trunk and frunk areas...
Well the frunk is squarely in the 'crush' zone, as shown in Tesla crash test videos:

Personally, I'll defer to Tesla's experienced safety engineers and F.E.A. design software to make the best choices.

Cheers!

Getting close to the 50MA in AH trading, as TSLA (-3.38%) follows futures (NASDAQ -3%) down.
And yet the QQQs are down only 0.28%.

How that work?

I do not see futures down 3%. I see the Nasdaq down 3%. I see Nasdaq futures at the moment basically flat.

Which of course begs the question: Why TSLA down so much after hours?

Last edited: