Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This article is written as if it is about someone like John legare or Bob Lutz. Someone who has not done much unusual in their career. Not written about someone who figured out how to land an orbital rocket or who revolutionized multiple industries.

things are hard. But they are less hard when you have people that don’t quit and the best engineering in the world.

ARK funds loaded up

upload_2020-9-23_17-15-24.png

The stock market is dumb.

I will continue to participate in it, because I find it enjoyable to take the money of stupid boneheads around the world.

But make no mistake, the market is dumb.
David Lee had a good point explaining that directors of funds lose their job at the end of the year if they don’t sell and post a profit. So they sell the news to chase in short sighed trimestriel profits, while we, long term investors, buy their shares every time they sell, to retire as multimillionaires in 10 years.

I was very surprised to hear Tesla saying they were going to do their own recycling. I wonder if they've really done work in this area, or whether it is another aspirational goal.

How would JB's Redwood Material take a trouncing? It's a private company.

Too funny on KCAC (SPAC set to acquire Quantumscape, Gate's battery cell play). That's what you get Bill when you get involved in stuff you don't know anything about :p (reference to Elon and Bill's little twitter spat).

I was referring to the fact that JB is also involved with KCAC.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
I mean, I hope Tesla is pretty serious about defending network operations against attackers. They probably are a big target already and regularly need to defend against casual hackers but state-sponsored entities are likely to be looking for a weakness to exploit too.

They are. I know first hand they have a "red team" dedicated to network intrusion prevention (both cars and the corp network).

https://twitter.com/skorusARK/status/1308805649195773954

1/ I think Tesla just announced its plans for a 400 mile range $25,000 electric vehicle. If delivered in 2023 this would put Tesla ~3 years ahead of our original cost curve.

Thread continues in the link.

He had a big flaw in assuming the percentage of the cost of the car dedicated to the battery could remain the same for a cheaper car. It can’t. A $5k pack cost plus, motor, inverter and charger is far too expensive, because the equivalent gas car’s engine/transmission/ gas tank, emissions combined is only $3k.

Tesla will make up costs throughout the vehicle, but dedicating $5k to the battery alone just to go from 300 miles to 400 miles, just makes it too hard a hill to climb.

Confirm SC issues. I rarely use Superchargers but today I was messaged that my SC privileges were revoked due to payment problems or such. On trying multiple times I keep getting msg that server cannot take my payment info. Am using IOS 14 however.

Been listening to the AutoLine Chase Drum (Grid Connections)/Sandy Munro/Bob Galyen interview now. Worth the listen on Battery Day review. Thanks guys for mentioning. Recommended listening.

Here's link again to the YouTube video:

I absolutely loved how Sandy sounded like he was essentially in shock - both at what was announced yesterday, and also about how so many people don't seem to realise the significance. Some great several minute long monologues from him on how incredible Teslas production improvements have been in both speed of iteration and technological advantage.

I also love his clapback against Bob Galven (who coming from a competing energy company was trying to downplay the Tesla announcements): When Bob claimed the new integrated battery pack as a structural member was "nothing new" and had been in other EVs for years, Sandy corrected him by saying actually its nothing at all comparable to what Tesla intends to do with its pack. It really made me discount anything that Bob said during the whole show.

Last edited: