Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trouble is, so many people in built up areas have to pay a lot of money to commute jam packed in trains - google London Underground/Tube in rush hour images. All the time, you're breathing in PM 2.5 at a high rate (Now You Know used PM meter 2.5/10). travelling by car is not a practical option.

I've seen fights to get on to trains in UK, I've seen people pushed out of trains. I've had to use my body to stop a small child getting crushed when the train braked. His Dad couldn't find a space near him but the alternative for them was not getting home that night.

After Covid, small vehicles with air filters, UV cleaning between different passengers seems like a great idea. If TBC can cheaply dig tunnels to increase capacity, add more cars in staging areas and just have point to point travel rather than stop-start-stations, the experience will be much better. I really think this can take off. I look forward to above ground being for pedestrians and some cyclists with underground being most of everything else (including some cycleways).
No it makes sense. My comment was with the American/suburban experience in mind.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
No it makes sense. My comment was with the American/suburban experience in mind.

Well even buses above ground isn't that common in the American suburbs.

If BoringCo get to building tunnels under suburbs it will be for small/private vehicles. Most of the value for travelers is that you don't have to wait 20 minutes for a bus. Your vehicle leaves when you arrive at the station.

So in Las Vegas they may or may not use something with 12-16 seats on the loop along the strip and to the airport. When/if they build a larger network connecting the suburbs that will almost certainly be in a 4-6 seater since your party will almost certainly be the only one traveling from that station to another specific station at that exact time..

Reactions: UkNorthampton
do we have any analyst estimates for q3 earnings yet?

Ben & Mitch Zacks were regular guests of mine on my old TV show.

Zacks - today: Tesla (TSLA) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?

Excerpt:

This electric car maker is expected to post quarterly earnings of $0.54 per share in its upcoming report, which represents a year-over-year change of +46%. Revenues are expected to be $8.20 billion, up 30.1% from the year-ago quarter.

Ben & Mitch Zacks were regular guests of mine on my old TV show.

Zacks - today: Tesla (TSLA) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?

Excerpt:

This electric car maker is expected to post quarterly earnings of $0.54 per share in its upcoming report, which represents a year-over-year change of +46%. Revenues are expected to be $8.20 billion, up 30.1% from the year-ago quarter.
I can't think of a company as big as $TSLA's market cap growing YOY consistently as $TSLA will....only the beginning but they are finally waking up and noticing. The time for picking up cheap shares are coming to an end.....

I can't think of a company as big as $TSLA's market cap growing YOY consistently as $TSLA will....only the beginning but they are finally waking up and noticing. The time for picking up cheap shares are coming to an end.....
Becoming increasingly clear growth can be maintained for easily a DECADE on the back of the energy transition. Obviously the transition will take longer than that, and what happens to Tesla's place in the market post-2030 is unforeseeable, but Tesla's path to 8-10 years of consistently maintained revenue growth is almost indisputable already. That's just bananas.

Last edited:
Looking at the latest flyover from Fremont. Do we know that it's not Tesla doing some groundwork on the lots across the street where the new casting machines are?

If nothing else Tesla sure could use some extra parking space.

Do you mean next to the new residential complex? If so, then that area is not Tesla-owned and is slated for more mixed-use/residential.

Come on, legacy car makers! Who is going to offer the first car with fake horse neighing sounds as it drives ???
I swear I buy one if somebody releases a car with fake horse neighing sound.
You mean you're not going to hold out for the one that emits realistic horse apples?