Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than halfway through the, 10-year, performance award in only 3 years. :eek:

What makes this particularly notable is that when the compensation plan was announced a few short years ago there was no shortage of people who thought the goals and milestones were so unrealistic and far-fetched that they would not be realized in any meaningful timeframe! Yes, they laughed.

This wouldn't be so notable if it were only share price milestones that had been achieved but, as you pointed out, it's the "pie in the sky" operational milestones that are falling like dominoes! The joke is on those who thought they were too optimistic to be possible.

The best rebuttal I have read concerning ZEV credits is, "If Fiat had a loss in a Quarter Earnings report because they bought ZEV credits from tesla would their earnings be regarded as a profit if the ZEV credits were added back in?"
Maybe but in this example fiat made a profit because they produced an inferior car at the expense of the environment, and at the expense of no research and development for future growth. The cost to the environment can be balanced against the cost of lives used to preserve oil and keep gasoline at a reasonable price.

For those keeping track, Tesla just leapfrogged everyone. Might not be as polished as Waymo in a geofenced area, and of course it doesn’t handle everything, but Tesla will now be known in the history books as the first company to bring basic FSD to the public. And they can bring inprovements to thousands of cars almost instantly.

First to have generalized FSD as well.

And the ONLY ones to package it at a reasonable price and bring it to mass production without crazy sh*tboxes all over the outside of the car.

That stupid-a** Navigant chart about FSD progress is now literally flipped upside down.

This is a big deal. I’ll be surprised if we don’t see $500+ tomorrow. Am I crazy?

My biggest concern about the structural battery (which is great engineering- the battery is no longer carried like luggage, but rather displaces structural members), is after an accident where the pack took an impact, how long do you have before some type of anomaly appears due to a stress fracture or something else due to the accident? I doubt you'll be able to go back to the insurance claim months/years later when your battery takes a sh!t and have it covered. Just a "worry" of mine....

In a torsion box, each of the cells takes up only a fraction of the load. Plus, in this case the torsion box is mounted on wheels equipped with rubber tires and shock absorbers.

Love this guy’s Tweets. Brings great insight, and he’s handsome too.

https://twitter.com/toddeburch/status/1319127108434694145?s=21

Todd Burch looks like... Ed Niedermeyer?

1y861e.jpg