Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, if we're talking new sensors, how about a few of these babies? With cameras like these, Teslas will be invincible!
Ultrafast Camera Films 3-D Movies at 100 Billion Frames Per Second

In his quest to bring ever-faster cameras to the world, Caltech's Lihong Wang has developed technology that can reach blistering speeds of 70 trillion frames per second, fast enough to see light travel. Just like the camera in your cell phone, though, it can only produce flat images.

Now, Wang's lab has gone a step further to create a camera that not only records video at incredibly fast speeds but does so in three dimensions. Wang, Bren Professor of Medical Engineering and Electrical Engineering in the Andrew and Peggy Cherng Department of Medical Engineering, describes the device in a new paper in the journal Nature Communications.

Me too. Couple of shares bought on margins at $1550 pre-split.
I covered my margin since then but had to get back on margin after this week with the SP completely disconnected with the earning calls

I share your sentiments, but I do want to point out that, as we all know, TSLA has run hard. Very hard.

It is the most valuable automaker in the world. By far. I believe it will be the most valuable company in the world...one day.

For the general market, even the ‘smart’ money, it is hard for them to see why it needs to run again right now. It was very obvious (especially in hindsight :D) that the stock was undervalued tremendously in January. I can not dismiss the argument that it is fairly valued if not overvalued so easily now. Unless FSD is demonstrated convincingly, do not be surprised to see TSLA bounce around for a while. Maybe years.

BTW, contrarian indicator that I am, it will now run to 1000 by EOY.

I’ve always been able to learn any subject that interested me. Although, I’ve always been a slow learner. A scholarly snail, I suppose.

Having immersed myself into the subtleties of self driving; I have been completely surprised by Tesla’s beta release. Wow, just wow.

Elon, Tesla, and team Members great job. They have changed the world. At 64 years of age, my driving years have just taken a quantum leap.

This would be a GREAT time in this discussion forum's history to start posting things in appropriate threads/forums.

Come on, let's give it a shot! I know this board loves and prioritizes having this huge thread, but the community would be much stronger if it moved away from the single-stream-of-thought format. Let's do it. All technical talk in technical forums, it'll be fun!

They were both NHTSA mandated recalls (I have a friend that used to work for NHTSA that made me aware of them). I would have to look them up, but they caught my attention because I have 2 cars with "salvage" titles (really minor accidents, but a Model S used to get totaled for nearly nothing). That means those two cars have ZERO support by Tesla, but when there is a federally-mandated recall, they fix even the salvage title cars, which they did in my case.
What were they. I have not had a recall on my 2013 MS that I remember. There was a seat belt bolt but not a recall. Did I miss a recall?

It's about time they made this happen in china. I posted it in this forum and tweeted this @elon many moons ago when the share price was in doldrums around 200 pre split.

I think it's technically possible for Chinese to buy these shares on the Taiwan or Singapore exchange, but understand that's a huge pain. Would love to be corrected if that's not the case.

Reactions: UncaNed and jhm
Ok so the forum's handling of tube links is busted, I gave a link to a specific time in the video and it ate it up. And now I can't edit. Here's the right link, scroll to about 26:00

I've been wondering about this for a while. On some occassions Elon also give thanks to this forum by describing it in detail. But they never directly mention TMC.

Is it out of a caution to preserve this place from being invaded by degenerate analysts? Or is there some game theory begind it. I mean most ppl don't hesistate to mention reddit or /wsb

After watching the FSD videos, I am more bullish than ever. My confidence in TSLA has come from many different strengths, but due to my personal experiences with Autopilot and NoA, I saw the FSD play as longer and uncertain. Until now. Not only is it obvious that Tesla has a viable approach, but it is fairly mature TODAY. I am not stupid enough to think the software is done, but WOW has this limited beta blown me away. I see it as another core strength. Can't tell you when Wall Street figures this (and everything else) out, but HODL.

Pardon the pun, but it's as if TSLA is "firing on ALL cylinders" ;)

I've been wondering about this for a while. On some occassions Elon also give thanks to this forum by describing it in detail. But they never directly mention TMC.

Is it out of a caution to preserve this place from being invaded by degenerate analysts? Or is there some game theory begind it. I mean most ppl don't hesistate to mention reddit or /wsb

Ask people picking mushrooms for where the spots are. I don't think analysts would do much here, maybe some would be pretty entertaining that's all. This thing has its own critical mass vibe and it'll filter out whoever isn't the right species.