Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go...
D322F160-3329-4932-AD79-19B4A6C49BC7.jpeg

Ho, Ho, Ho

francis, you live in Kessington?!? the same Kessington that I have seen youtube videos of the ghettos? People trying to sleep while not laying down? heroin/fentanyl Kessington? What did you do with all your film acting money?
I am glad you somehow manage to get some TSLA man!
Yeah, life is pretty rough in large parts of Kensington. I'm about 10 blocks south of that shot, a much fancier(now) end of Kenzo. Tons of lost kids from around the country and those kicked out of Times Square often end up here because the ultra-high poverty level allows for open-air buying/use of anything you want. The massive heroin camps were broken up by the city a while back and that's when you get these big groups of people wandering around the streets. It's sad and rough at times, but we're making slow progress. Safe injection sites, homelessness outreach, universal pre-K.

The Philadelphia Energy Authority is pushing into renewables like crazy tho. Largest solarize program in the country, and they did a solar PPA a couple years ago to source 22% of supply for city buildings. We'll probably be among the first big cities to actually go 100% renewables.

People thought I was nuts buying in Kensington, but now it's absurdly expensive and the hottest spot in the city. I know potential when I see it.

Yeah, life is pretty rough in large parts of Kensington. I'm about 10 blocks south of that shot, a much fancier(now) end of Kenzo. Tons of lost kids from around the country and those kicked out of Times Square often end up here because the ultra-high poverty level allows for open-air buying/use of anything you want. The massive heroin camps were broken up by the city a while back and that's when you get these big groups of people wandering around the streets. It's sad and rough at times, but we're making slow progress. Safe injection sites, homelessness outreach, universal pre-K.

The Philadelphia Energy Authority is pushing into renewables like crazy tho. Largest solarize program in the country, and they did a solar PPA a couple years ago to source 22% of supply for city buildings. We'll probably be among the first big cities to actually go 100% renewables.

People thought I was nuts buying in Kensington, but now it's absurdly expensive and the hottest spot in the city. I know potential when I see it.
Great for you! I feel warm and fuzzy inside when derelict parts of cities are rehabbed.
Now, Francis, can we talk about your movie career? Did you ever hang with Mr Ed?

The drop before close today should be a sign for everyone on what will happen after Dec. 21st. I will be shocked if we have less than a 30% drop between the 21st and the end of the year. (Not advice, since I'm often wrong...)

I agree it will likely drop a good amount a few days after 12/21.

However, what if it drops 30% after the 21st but runs up 50% between now and then? :cool:

Reactions: Words of HABIT
The drop before close today should be a sign for everyone on what will happen after Dec. 21st. I will be shocked if we have less than a 30% drop between the 21st and the end of the year. (Not advice, since I'm often wrong...)

That type of comment is kinda pointless without including the context of what you think the stock price will be end of day on Dec 18th.

Is the stock at 1,000? Sure it could drop 20%, maybe 25%. Even then I think 30% drop is gross over exaggeration

If the stock is only around 700-800, I don't think we'll see a drop of more than 10-15%

That type of comment is kinda pointless without including the context of what you think the stock price will be end of day on Dec 18th.

Is the stock at 1,000? Sure it could drop 20%, maybe 25%. Even then I think 30% drop is gross over exaggeration

If the stock is only around 700-800, I don't think we'll see a drop of more than 10-15%
We drop 10% when Elon farts. Add profit taking and massive short selling piling on, and I think 30% is conservative. If I had a tax free trading account I would be selling shares. But because of taxes, I don't think I will sell shares with the thought of buying back at the bottom. Too hard to time, and I would need too big a drop.

Today's synopsis:

GM didn't put no honey on the Badger

VW considers hiring Trevor as CEO

A bunch of deviants are captivated by S&P (that's three letters past "M" right?)

In preparation for a rising tide on Triple Witching Day everyone should put Floats on their Chairs to carry them through a short squeeze?​

Did I miss anything?

I will attempt to translate.

"S&P DJI received a variety of feedback, including implementation suggestions beyond those proposed in the consultation."
> You all better remember who's in charge here.

"In its decision, S&P DJI considered the wide range of responses it received,"
> The responses were all over the place and chaotic, and we could not identify a consensus.

"as well as, among other factors,"
> There are some factors that cannot be said in public.

"the expected liquidity of Tesla"
> There are plenty of groups who are willing to sell at spike-level prices.

"and the market’s ability to accommodate significant trading volumes on this date"
> It's going to be a bloodbath, but that's what the market is designed for.

If the SP does what I expect, I'm going make a killing on the way up and down. I have a boatload of calls already that are way up and I will hold them until near Dec. 18/21. Then when the top seems near, I will buy a boatload of shoter-term puts with some of the profits from my calls. (no I would not be a bear as my core shares/LEAPS I am not touching and they will massively dwarf any puts I buy). This could end up being a 10-30 bagger both up and down!

We drop 10% when Elon farts. Add profit taking and massive short selling piling on, and I think 30% is conservative. If I had a tax free trading account I would be selling shares. But because of taxes, I don't think I will sell shares with the thought of buying back at the bottom. Too hard to time, and I would need too big a drop.

There isn't anywhere close to enough money front running this thing to match the amount of money from index funds spending to buy shares. Index funds will not be selling their shares once they've bought them. The stock price would have to get incredibly high, like above 1,000/share, for long term holders and institutional investors to be inclined to start selling. There's simply too many long term investors that are unwilling to part with shares. That would be the ONLY way the money would come even somewhat close to matching when it comes to in flows and outflows in the stock over the next month. I do not think long term investors and institutional investors will be eager or willing to sell if the share price only gets up to 700-800/share on by Dec 18th.

Edit: I'm talking big whales like Ron Baron. He's not selling shares at 700-800 and I think a lot of institutional investors feel the same. There simply won't be enough shares being sold at the peak to drop the stock 30% unless the stock price is incredibly high.

Last edited: