Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want all EV's to succeed but this is such a huge fail I can hardly believe it. These are going nowhere and will actually give EV trucks a bad name. The estimated range of the $125K version is only 200 miles. Around here people love to drive their pickups at 75-80 mph on the highway. The boxy shape will create a huge low pressure area behind the truck and drop that 200 mph range down to around 120 miles or less. If it's cold out, highway range will fall even faster than expected due to air density and terrible aero.

It would be a fun toy for tooling around your 2000 acre Montana ranch. Not so much for the trip into town. The boxy shape is like giving the middle finger to facts. But I guess that is where America is at these days.:oops:

But imagine the increased efficiency of the Tesla following it...

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and CarlS
Nope, hes right. Do you want to talk numbers. My 5k investment is now worth 2.4million 1.5 years later. 480x, But sure keep calling it timid.

I just dropoed in. Are we doing show and tell? I've been having a few wins lately and couldn't really tell anybody.

Call options for a month x8 times
Stock I bought 3 months ago x10 timed. Life is good.

If you like using collars or whatever you want to call them then that's great. Just try not to fool yourself as to the risk profile involved. And good luck at always betting on TSLA when it's going up like crazy.
Agree to disagree on what they are called, because like you said it doesn't matter. (for the record Interactive Brokers calls it a "risk reversal" in my portfolio but that doesn't seem right either) But it does sound like you have come around on the point that the position is not a timid one.

Abbott was just on CNBC spouting about Elon moving there, sounded like a giddy moron.

Where do these fools think the tax revenue is gonna come from when the well literally dries up(or rather is capped for good) in 2 years? Texas will be a bankrupt wasteland on par with it's low budget neighbors LA, MS, AR within 10 years.
Can't see it with all the wind and solar in Texas replacing oil--yeah, the players will change but not the income. Also Texas has a large IT industry--and it's getting larger.

can't find the proforma itself, but looks like the rebalancing date has changed ? Effective date shows after the close of 12/17

upload_2020-12-11_17-17-14.png

I just dropoed in. Are we doing show and tell? I've been having a few wins lately and couldn't really tell anybody.

Yep we have changed this thread to "who has the biggest".....and it is as boring as it sounds.

I want all EV's to succeed but this is such a huge fail I can hardly believe it. These are going nowhere and will actually give EV trucks a bad name. The estimated range of the $125K version is only 200 miles. Around here people love to drive their pickups at 75-80 mph on the highway. The boxy shape will create a huge low pressure area behind the truck and drop that 200 mph range down to around 120 miles or less. If it's cold out, highway range will fall even faster than expected due to air density and terrible aero.
They've obviously designed it as a ranch work vehicle, not a SUV competitor. It's probably not expected to leave the ranch except very occasionally.

Reactions: JRP3
Nope.

You:

Da fudge?!?!?

The dude bought $2.7 million in TSLA options, and you're gonna throw shade on him for cashing out 50% of those for a >5x profit? He is still holding an ~$8 million position!​

Me:

You're glossing over the day (Aug 22) you called "Libel" on my prediction that certain retail brokers (those with extended naked short postions) WOULD NOT deliver their TSLA stock dividend until days after those shares began trading on Aug 31. Need links?

That is what happened. People who acted on this analysis benefited. People who didn't (or were unaware) got short shrift. That's how this game works, and it won't change soon.

Today is no different. We'll know in 2 weeks who was right, and who ends up poorer.

GLTA.​
More confused than ever.
What does the spilt have to do with Emmett Peppers selling half his call position?
If your response does have sonething to do with him, how the heck can he be called 'poorer' when he is already up $4.3 million even if the remaining options expire worthless? Do you mean less rich for having sold?

Interesting indeed. I wonder if there might be a "Christmas Break" shutdown and upgrade on the S/X line (meep, meep...) ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Cheers!
upload_2020-12-11_14-55-49.png
upload_2020-12-11_14-55-49.png

I bought this Film cel from.Chuck Jones at his Laguna Beach CA gallery about 20 years ago .
I remember him standing outside the gallery in a white suit and cane.
Probably Should have kept it but after much searching i could not afford the right hand road runner side (your side) the best side.

The estimated range of the $125K version is only 200 miles. Around here people love to drive their pickups at 75-80 mph on the highway. The boxy shape will create a huge low pressure area behind the truck and drop that 200 mph range down to around 120 miles or less. If it's cold out, highway range will fall even faster than expected due to air density and terrible aero.

They've obviously designed it as a ranch work vehicle, not a SUV competitor. It's probably not expected to leave the ranch except very occasionally.
Exactly, it's designed as an off road vehicle that's just legal enough to drive on the road when needed. Small volume and specific niche market.

• Love
Reactions: EnzoXYZ and jerry33
~~~TWENTY! garbage posts about Musk deleted. It takes just one quip to be posted and a horde descends to talk about weight loss, hair loss, gravity loss...
Stop complaining to Mods that the tenor of this thread is diminished. Circumspice, omnium. Weren't there a few things about Tesla, TSLA and the market to be concerned with today?~~~

Nope, hes right. Do you want to talk numbers. My 5k investment is now worth 2.4million 1.5 years later. 480x, But sure keep calling it timid.
If you had only $5K at risk that's pretty much timid by definition, unless all you had was $4K and it was leveraged. If so, major congratulations! Turning it into a big pile of $$ is what is called in the biz a very good trade. It has nothing to do with risk to your portfolio, which is how you determine whether or not a trade is timid or aggressive or whatever.

Last edited:
When people post rational, easily executed, and stress free strategies similar in effect to what I'm doing..... it makes me want to punch them in the face. Obviously that's just a combination of jealously and frustration at living my Tesla nutjob reality staring at the ticker 24/7.

Thank you for this, a great model for the way a TMC'ers life should be. Will attempt to transition to something similar.

Edit: *** mod *** Would like to nominate for post of merit thread, to remind us there's an easier way.
Thanks for the kind words. Day trading every day is hard work and takes a lot of time, and with my core shares up so much as it is I've been slacking off and not paying attention to every SP move, Tesla article written, and major news events like C19. Plus, we just bought our first house ever (thanks to you all here), so that's now keeping us busy.

When I was more actively trading, I very often used the same approach as described above but with smaller percentage changes, but still based off of VWAP. And I developed a plan very early each morning before markets opened on where I would enter AND exit. I think many day traders get in trouble because they don't have a plan in mind on when to exit, especially when the SP drops. If you day trade long enough you WILL lose money many days, it's how much you lose that counts.

I would join in but don't want you all to think that /wsb has leaked in here being a noob.
Everybody get along now. We're all here for tendies. :)