Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing that gets me about him is this statement "We are the biggest bear on wall st and we are projecting 180k deliveries".

That's like saying, "I'm the dumbest kid in my class but at least I have the highest I.Q." :confused:

I think it is more about trying to shift the analyst expectations higher, to try to engineer a miss on the P&D report. "We are the biggest bear and think 180k, so everyone else surely needs to have estimates higher than ours."

TeslaCharts on Twitter has tried to pull the same crap, put out really high numbers saying that they have to be the minimum to try to influence the FactSet numbers so that we get a miss even if the numbers are really good.

Breaking News:

Herbert Diess has been traded to the Berlin Teslarians in exchange for David Hasselhoff.

article-2419618-1BC90EE1000005DC-75_634x534.jpg

So if all these ETFs need to disclose their buying every night........who's got the running count?

It’s amazing we only found out about this today (thanks to Gary Black), after a whole month of speculating about what would happen this week. It’s such valuable information. We really do miss some (ex-)Wall Street input in this thread.

Benzinga - half hour ago: Ideanomics, Arcimoto, Ayro, Worksport CEOs On The Election, EVs, Tesla

Excerpts:

The incoming Biden administration should bring a "much stronger focus" on clean transportation and electrification, Arcimoto FUV 1.51% CEO Mark Frohnmayer told the inaugural Benzinga Global Small Cap Conference.

Having a cohesive strategy from the administration could make a big difference, he said.

“The federal government can do a lot.”...

Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) is leading the electric vehicle story on a global basis, Frohnmayer said.

“[We're on the] same mission [and] same team,” the CEO said, adding that Tesla is helping bring awareness to the entire electric vehicle market, which helps everybody.

The ecosystem with end-to-end solutions that Tesla has created was praised by Poor and Keller.

What Tesla did was a highly risky strategy that paid off, Keller said, giving Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) as another example.

Keller is hoping that Tesla's construction of a Gigafactory in Texas could benefit Ayro.

It’s amazing we only found out about this today (thanks to Gary Black), after a whole month of speculating about what would happen this week. It’s such valuable information. We really do miss some (ex-)Wall Street input in this thread.

I agree. The recent Gary bashing in my opinion is shooting ourselves in the foot. Yes, he can be cryptic and maybe a bit wishy washy, but so can the market that he has spent his entire life analyzing.

I like Gary, I think he owns a Y & a EV Porsche?

Well, the first one in his list is a mutual fund and not an ETF, so they don't have to post anything current about it. Vanguard does have an equivalent ETF, VOO, but I looked and couldn't find current holding/trading information. (Their site lists holdings as of 10/31/2020.) So while he gets some things right, he makes significant screw-ups as well...

Maybe my Google-fu is weak today and I just couldn't find it.

Edit: I have identified these so far:

Last edited:
Benzinga - 7 minutes ago: Tesla Creates UK's Largest Powerwall Installation Yet

Excerpts:

While Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) is often valued on the company's vehicle production, Tesla is also heavily involved in energy production and storage via solar and stationary power storage in the form of batteries...

A story by Tesmanian tells of Tesla's biggest Powerwall installation in the U.K., at Portsmouth City Council's Hilsea Industrial Estate. The 10-battery setup stores energy from 738 solar panels.

Vanguard does have an equivalent ETF, VOO, but I looked and couldn't find current holding/trading information.
It looks like Vanguard has chosen not to report daily ETF holdings (perhaps because their ETFs are just a share class of their mutual funds). But it looks like other ETF provider sites do seem to update their holdings daily:

SPY: SPDR® S&P 500® ETF Trust
iShares Core S&P 500 ETF | IVV

Both of those show 505 holdings as of December 11th and no Tesla.

Maybe I read too much into the comment, but to me "obsolete" might mean there's already a better vehicle available by the time Lucid "rolls out of the factory". The Lucid website says their vehicle is "Available Spring 2021". The only Tesla that beats those stats (503 mile range, 1080HP) would be Model S Plaid. Before Spring 2021. That's bullish.
No, I think Elon's going to introduce a brand new line: the Model Tea, Earl Grey edition, Hot!

Last update was dec 11th. On terminal last update was dec 12th. Will check in a few hours.
Think there's a good chance that todays holdings will be available by tomorrow.

Last update was dec 11th. On terminal last update was dec 12th. Will check in a few hours.
Think there's a good chance that todays holdings will be available by tomorrow.
Certainly we have a coder here who can make a counter for us and insert it at the top of this page?

That's good information, thanks. Since you seem quite well informed on it, what is your take on it in a general sense across all the indexed funds? That is, since some are not legally bound by this tight set of ownership principles, I take it that most will operate on 'due diligence' anyway, which usually means travelling with the herd.

If it were practical for all the Index funds and some of the benchmarked funds to buy at the day of inclusion that's probably what most would do. But since they can't, at least not without causing the share price to go crazy, I imagine they will spread their buys around the inclusion date as much as their controlling documents will allow. I read Schwab's prospectus for SWPPX to not disallow the use of all kinds of financial instruments to help them achieve their goals of matching the Index. So I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of the current (relatively) high prices having already priced in some or much of the inclusion.

Anything is possible and I don't have a good enough handle on it to want to speculate through this kind of inclusion with a stock like Tesla. Here's why: I think my long-standing "leg up" on the market (when it comes to TSLA) is one of fundamental knowledge and vision as to how Tesla's business will play out over the next several years. Not some inherent advantage of knowing better than the market where the share price will go in the short-term.

Considering this, the share price would have to spike pretty high for me to want to sell any shares. Even then, it would be more of a minor "portfolio rebalancing" than speculation. If this happened it would provide me with more cash in the event that TSLA and the markets went into a major correction and I could buy more. But it wouldn't be a large enough of a sale for me to WISH for a major correction so I could have a good replacement price.