Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to see @FrankSG get some love from Chicken Genius - some technical analysis here pointing to $640 support level, which I didn't really need a chart to work-out myself, but what the hell

P.S. big love for my Short Shorts post on Twitter - never take yourselves too seriously, folks!

I.....can't.....look....at....your....avatar.

eyes.gif

Gordon Johnson on CNBC this morning, repeating the same old talking points. Nice to see the host calling on it. Of course, they keep giving him the platform, so... Looking forward to Q4 results.
Can anyone explain to me why many of us are so fascinated with this A-hole? Many otherwise apparent longs here inexplicably keep aiding and abetting by (and doing the same with every new troll who pops up) by reposting "giving them the platform", feeding them more clicks, thereby repeating the same old talking points for them! Even my late 94-Y.O. -tech insavvy dad knew not to keep talking about bad people. Many of us like @SoulPedal, are not helping him "fade into the light". Out of practical necessity, I've ignored many good folks here whom I'd otherwise gladly sit down and have a beer with, but whose endless distracting posts provide little value, even if this does this make me a bad person.

Can anyone explain to me why many of us are so fascinated with this A-hole? Many otherwise apparent longs here inexplicably keep aiding and abetting by (and doing the same with every new troll who pops up) by reposting "giving them the platform", feeding them more clicks, thereby repeating the same old talking points for them! Even my late 94-Y.O. -tech insavvy dad knew not to keep talking about bad people. Many of us like @SoulPedal, are not helping him "fade into the light". Out of practical necessity, I've ignored many good folks here whom I'd otherwise gladly sit down and have a beer with, but whose endless distracting posts provide little value, even if this does this make me a bad person.

Cause Smeagle is broke. So we a new one to lash out against.

Every couple of month. The MSM bring out a new nobody to rage against tsla. They all have these made up credentials that sounds fancy.

Last edited:
Clever engineering in the Model 3 SRPM motor (also used in the front drive unit of 2019+ "Raven" S/X)

"Tesla Model 3's motor - The Brilliant Engineering behind it" | (12:08)
Uploaded by Learn Engineering 4 days ago

HIghly recommended Channel.

Cheers!
So I think I got it....just like this...right?

I expect the share price to trade sideways over the next couple of weeks. Then we will have the deliveries figure, and later in January, Q4 earnings. These events could reignite the price. I said on friday morning before opening, that I thought investors should be prepared for a damp squib rather than fireworks on the day, and other than the final minute of trading, that proved to be correct. Most of us on here have enjoyed a 60% rise since the S&P announcement, so a period of consolidation is natural.

One of the reasons I have stopped posting here as much is it takes too much time to make sure I am not reposting something someone else has already posted. However, I will just post every once in while stuff I find particularly valuable and if its a repeat at least its a good one. This morning I read FrankGS's blog post about Friday's trading. It's an interesting in depth read. I recommend it. A nice tidbit toward the end for those that don't read the whole thing is about near term price action:

"There are a lot of reasons to be bullish on TSLA in the near-term:
  • There shouldn't be too many investors left looking to divest near-term. I think just about everybody who wanted to do so, got the chance to do so at $695.
  • TSLA settled at a price and valuation that really isn't all that unreasonable. Financials and growth in a year from now, and continued FSD development could easily provide 50% upside over the next 12 or so months. Unlike if we had settled at $1,000+, I think TSLA can continue to go up slowly but surely.
  • There could still be S&P buying left. I think probably most of it has finished, but even if just 10M shares are left, that's still a lot of buying pressure.
  • Benchmarked funds might buy dips below $695, because it's an easy way to outperform the S&P 500.
  • Year-end window dressing."
However Frank did close all his call options and is only common stock now because he is not certain it will not go down and he wanted peace of mind.

Here a link to his blog: Tesla's S&P 500 Inclusion Part 3: The Final Chapter

PNG image 2.png

Actually the other way around, TSLA is coming for AAPL and others.

In fact, TSLA is Apple's only real competitor.

No other company besides AAPL and TSLA have top assets all in one place:

Design
Manufacturing
Chips
Batteries
Software
Network
Data
AI
Brand
Global Reach
Visionary CEO (sorry Tim, you aren't this)

The cars are just rolling platforms filled with many seeds that will head in many many directions.

Comparing TSLA to other car companies is stupid. Like comparing Apple to Nokia.

Comparing TSLA to the whole car industry also misses the reach of the opportunity.

Tesla is in a very very strong growth position.

Others should be worried...

Wait, Lana'i??? There's nothing on Lana'i but a golf course!

You forgot the really awesome cat sanctuary!

The only thing they have right now is the M1 chip and some battery experience.

But even then they don't build any of that. TSMC makes the M1, not Apple.

Apple has no basically 0 manufacturing capability or manufacturing knowledge (apart from that needed to spec to other companies to build their designs).