Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been talking to a lot of financial types lately and I am noticing a trend. Whenver I talk to someone and they have an unrreasonable level of dislike towards Elon or Tesla, I can almost guarantee that they are some type of fund manager.

My guess is that there is this inherent adversity between tech and finances vying for dominance of the american pie. On top of that, many financial jobs are being made obsolete by tech.

One other thing I notice they focus on. Is the "driving" part of the car. They seem to suffer from collective alzheimers when it comes to a car's use cases outside of driving. As if, to be in a car for anything but driving it is blasphemy.

Now I can finally understand how so many ppl missed out on tesla.

Been talking to a lot of financial types lately and I am noticing a trend. Whenver I talk to someone and they have an unrreasonable level of dislike towards Elon or Tesla, I can almost guarantee that they are some type of fund manager.

My guess is that there is this inherent adversity between tech and finances vying for dominance of the american pie. On top of that many finances jobs are being made obsolete by tech.

1. They are super salty they missed out on $TSLA,
2. They lost a lot of clients because they missed out on $TSLA
3. They shorted $TSLA and lost huge amounts of $$$.

665.99... Boy the SP sure wanted to be the mark of the beast today. Don't know what to think about that actually, but whatever...

666 is generally believed to have been the original Number of the Beast in the Book of Revelation in the Christian Bible.[4] In 2005, however, a fragment of papyrus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the Book of Revelation discussing the Number of the Beast. It gave the number as 616, suggesting that this may have been the original.

Source: 616 (number) - Wikipedia

:rolleyes:
~~~And HERE endeth the Lesson for today. Any further such discussion, henceforth up to and including the hereafter, designated “OT” or otherwise, will summarily be exorcised and its poster assigned forever to clean out 616’s stalls.~~~

1. They are super salty they missed out on $TSLA,
2. They lost a lot of clients because they missed out on $TSLA
3. They shorted $TSLA and lost huge amounts of $$$.
This. Talked to a fund manager last week that was appalled that I hadn’t cashed out after inclusion. They don’t understand it, so they don’t like it.

My guess is that there is this inherent adversity between tech and finances vying for dominance of the american pie. On top of that, many financial jobs are being made obsolete by tech.

They're just bitter because Tesla made them look like the fools they are. And then you have uber bull Cathy Woods who doesn't have the decency to run a 20/2 hedge fund like they do and it makes it even more bitter. Her ETFs outperform most hedge funds, yet costs way less to investors than hedge funds do. AND she's now sucking in capital. It's a triple whammy. Ignore them, its just the dying braying of a soon to be extinct dinosaur.

Tesla: Soaring share price creates army of 'Teslanaires'

Positive as the BBC has so much exposure but still far too much of the usual crap. I wish for once one of these articles would be a tad more enlightening.
The FB group I'm in for TSLA was asking for volunteers for this article. I passed as I'm not interested in an army of long lost relatives, ex-girlfriends, and possibly an ex-wife bugging me for money. ;)

Car and Driver measured panel gaps on a whole range of vehicles, and Tesla was tied for the second-best manufacturer (they noted that this is in contrast to the reputation Tesla has). Pickups were awful, on the whole. The best manufacturer overall? VW.

I thought it was pretty revealing what actual measurements showed.
I'm not surprised. I never once heard about panel gaps until I started hearing Tesla FUD. 99% of buyers would have no clue what you were talking about.

Last edited:
Obviously THEY are all on vacation this week and they left the spotty intern with the Iron Maiden T under his suit and tie man the floor today, he had one single hidden agenda, and he failed...

Still, it's a couple of bucks - I'd take that every trading session for the next year...

There was a time, not even of legends, but rather last June, when $2.3 was pre-split $11.50, we were trading in the $180's and this would have equated to ~6%

(I think, don't check it, OK...)

Showing your age, sir. Most current interns would have no clue what Iron Maiden is. The band or the device.

View attachment 622173

VR/AR headsets for each passenger. Apple is going to own that space, they don’t need the cars.
I can think of SOOOOOOOOOO many cool things to do...hook up VR and the FSD display so that each gas vehicle becomes a dinosaur ...Semis become brontos, Pick-ups triceratops, and Teslas become an abrahms tank. and all pedestrians become Caricatures within the range of Vargas Pin-up to Daisy Mae. Now that'd be a first person shooter game...but it could allow for up to four passenger/players in something more elaborate.

Reactions: Paul_SF
The FB group I'm in for TSLA was asking for volunteers for this article. I passed as I'm not I want an army of long lost relatives, ex-girlfriends, and possibly an ex-wife bugging me for money. ;)

I'm not surprised. I never once heard about panel gaps until I started hearing Tesla FUD. 99% of buyers would have no clue what you were talking about.
The fate of most lottery winners is a cautionary tale.

I've never understood these comments that the interior of "luxury ICE brands" are much better than Tesla. I've owned and ridden in many "luxury ICE brands" and am not impressed (compared to Tesla).
All those pretty knobs, buttons and gauges...

CNBC - half hour ago:

Not a bad interview considering it is a former Ford CEO. But he seems to have missed that Tesla HAS been doing very strategic M&A, similar to what Amazon did and does. So, Amazon bought Kiva which makes warehouse robotics for $800M or so IIRC - it is a central part of Amazon's logistics lead now. Similarly, Tesla bought Grohmann, Maxwell, Hibar to extend their lead into engineering and batteries. And just as important, by doing this both Amazon and Tesla denied their competitors access to those technologies.

Also, wasn't he wrong on the automotive margin comment? Aren't the Tesla margins exclusive of regulatory credits? Shields implied the regulatory credits help automotive margins.

One other thing I notice they focus on. Is the "driving" part of the car. They seem to suffer from collective alzheimers when it comes to a car's use cases outside of driving. As if, to be in a car for anything but driving it is blasphemy.

Now I can finally understand how so many ppl missed out on tesla.

The root cause then is they don't see Tesla as a disruptor. If they did, there should be no such attitudes -- they saw many a tech company 10x and 100x as they go from startup to mainstream. It is anything but a surprise that if out of a bunch of promising avenues of innovation you pick a winner early on to invest in, you'll make bank. In case of Tesla the window of time when it was clear to anyone looking without prejudice that it is one of those winners was measured in years.

So my point is, those same fund managers probably had the same attitudes to Amazon, Apple, Google, Square, Paypal etc., and that is why ARK now has so much capital under management -- ARK managed to clearly differentiate itself from these idiots.

Car and Driver measured panel gaps on a whole range of vehicles, and Tesla was tied for the second-best manufacturer (they noted that this is in contrast to the reputation Tesla has). Pickups were awful, on the whole. The best manufacturer overall? VW.

I thought it was pretty revealing what actual measurements showed.

Do you have a link?

I guess 500K isn’t in the bag....

upload_2020-12-29_17-19-32.jpeg