Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To a lesser extent. People sound invincible here.
OK I'll shut up on this (as the stock hits $740). Humble pie maybe.
To be clear, I think your caution was warranted. 2021 will be a rough ride and pullbacks will happen along the way.

Just saying it is obvious by now media FUD no longer matters and we should adjust to that.

EDIT: Please don't shut up.

After a long weekend what has occurred to me is I am no longer very good at predicting TSLA pullbacks. After the runup to closing cross the Friday before S&P inclusion, I expected a free fall in the after hours. Instead there was steady support at 680. I figured the next week there would be pull back after such a huge rise leading up the S&P. It dipped barely 10% from the ATH and went right back up. Then I thought if Tesla didn't far exceed its lofty goal of 500k deliveries, Tesla haters with deep pockets would FUD and artificially push stock down to control the narrative. Instead TSLA is at ATH's in pre market. I still expect a push down in the open, but I have been wrong so much. TSLA has changed with so much of the float tied up now with index funds and increasingly benchmark funds. It is time to reassess and just observe for a bit.

the narrative has changed ... a lot of smart folks on this thread have been recommending HODL....

This was my original plan for the S&P inclusion :(i don't trade options)
  • sell some % of shares at S&P inclusion $695 ...
  • plan to buy back more shares on dip ...
  • dip never materialized ....
  • when to buy back ? I cant decide ....
  • have to buy back later at $740 due to FOMO ....
I decided that HODL was a better plan :rolleyes:

in the mean time gather dry powder as there will eventually be a dip ... we just don't know when

Does anybody think this is even possible when Georgia and DC probable riots are joined by some of the most short-sighted politicians the world has ever seen. This people make Neville Chamberlain look courageous! Only Lewis Carroll or Douglas Adams might understand what is going on.

My mind is blown.

Thanks to all Hindu deity forms! For those not so inclined, that is the number one obtains when taking 74,000,000 ones and applying DLT's last approval rating (538 sourced) in percentage. I hope that is not offensive to anyone.

I do believe that Tesla will succeed in India and nearly everywhere else. I still don't understand the stock price but, just as with SpaceX I just hang on HODL as tightly as I can.

My spouse, with brilliant insight, is chilling another wonderful Rosé sparkler...

you're always trying to time the market and i don't know your trades but it seems like you'd be way ahead to STOP.

Timing... yes a bit, but I'm also ALWAYS in TSLA bc I've seen how it can climb very fast. Not to boast, but given the advice by several today... I'm at my lowest in 4 yrs at 1,000 shares and still it's 53% of the IRA and above my target posted months ago here. Both my stock value and cash grow together (I'm in retirement, so this is my "conservative" approach). The rest is in cash for the big buy this year and for more Tesla products. No regrets, especially today with all the egg on my face - Oh darn.

Sadly, I had to sell 50 @ 728 and 50 @ 735 because we're about clear out of living money and can't sell anything else. Huge tax bill coming up, need new roof, and after new roof, Tesla solar panels and Powerwalls.
Don't forget a new roof installed as part of a solar installation is eligible for the 26% ITC tax credit. With so many people in need of new or resurfaced roofs prior to install, most solar contractors are very closely connected to a reliable network of roofers and can fold the cost right into your solar loan(or project cash invoice).

Yes but all the Democrats want to roll back the tax cuts for the rich.

The benefits of a all Democrat Senate and thus Congress on Green energy will more than outweigh any negatives when it comes to Tesla. The entire market could sell off......I don't think Tesla would at all. A new EV credit incentive would be a guarantee at that point

If the Democrats get the majority in the Senate TOMORROW will the stock market drop along with TSLA? They are ahead in the poles. You longs should think a little about this.
I would imagine this triggers my $900 covered calls some time in 2021. That's my guess, but in reality it might actually be the subsidy faucet legacy carmakers need to stagger along beyond their natural lifespan.

Just sold 845 shares for 508k€ to clear the profit (french taxes, I won't go into details here), pay for my dream (2021 Blue Model 3 LR sitting in front of my window), and pay for the futur swimming pool and solar panels. Then bought again 700 shares. I'll probably have to sell a lot of it to pay for the taxes in 1 year and a half, but I won't complain. I'll still be able to pay for the studies of the kids, and much more dreams.
To think that I only invested 16k€ between 2012 and 2014... Yes, the return is more than 3000%. And maybe more if TSLA still continues to go up.

I'd like to thank a lot all people working at Tesla of course, but also all of you in investor discussion. I'd probably have sold way before if not for both your short-term and long-term advices. So yeah, thanks a lot. From the bottom of my heart.

<3

Index funds? You mean, benchmark funds? They don't have have to buy with such urgency?

How about short covering?
I checked with him and have sorta edited the post. He claimed it don't make sense to have two words that mean near the same thing describing different things. And he never paid attention to the stock market and its fancy words till the Rocketman came around.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and Criscmt