Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expecting a Democratic balance of power (allowing for the 2x independent senators)
Dems now control the senate.
Excellent news for Tesla - EV tax credit to return.
In the short term, people won’t order or delay order pending policy implementation
That said, I believe it should be price limited or income tested

Dems now control the senate.
Excellent news for Tesla - EV tax credit to return.
In the short term, people won’t order or delay order pending policy implementation
That said, I believe it should be price limited or income tested
Just don't make it wealth limited... wouldn't want to exclude Teslanaires from any EV credits...

Just don't make it wealth limited... wouldn't want to exclude Teslanaires from any EV credits...

I disagree with that from a moral standpoint but I also think from a logical one making sure the program could be funded longer and support buyers less familiar with Tesla - eg don’t own the stock - would be better for the teslanaire’s future TSLA gains anyway.

if the goal of the EV credits really is to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles, then there is no reason to exclude rich buyers or exclude luxury vehicles from those programs. those credits would still be performing their function of incentivizing -- and therefore increasing -- EV adoption rates. It's not like rich people aren't attracted to discounts. it's not like luxury vehicles pollute less than cheap cars. i dont see the upside of excluding them from this attempt at accelerating the transition.

I charged my plug-in hybrid car for a while with a cable that was fine for ordinary use but clearly didn’t like the amperage drawn by the car. I had to replace it (the cable, not the car :(, by one that can do it to avoid risk of fire). I doubt that the cables for street lightning are over dimensioned to the extent that this really is a solution.

replacing the lamp fixtures with more energy efficient ones helps a tiny bit.

This has been done in parts of London already.
Charging power is around 5kw, it's surprisingly high.
1,300 street lights converted to EV chargers in London

You can't see what's wrong with this statement?
What I keep thinking about is the 43% increase in the Nasdaq in 2020. This to me is excessive. Tesla is a part of the Nasdaq by the way. If the Nasdaq drops so does Tesla. Sure Tesla will eventually be worth $1000 but not quite yet in my view.

It's almost 1 am Pacific time and the markets are tanking because I think the Democrats just flipped the Senate. I went to total cash yesterday.

It's almost 1 am Pacific time and the markets are tanking because I think the Democrats just flipped the Senate. I went to total cash yesterday.
Still Tesla holds up quite good.

Nasdaq tech futures is down almost 2%, while SP500 futures is only down 0.6%. My guess is that the marked is worried about Biden hitting the big tech firms with new taxes and that's why tech is down 2%.

Personally I think Tesla will end the day in green.

In my country there is (was: the budget has been spent) a stimulus that excluded the wealthy. I was opposed to excluding them. Not because it was in my interest but because they should be incentivized to buy BEVs as well. Now they are free to pollute. Plus, by excluding them, companies like BMW, Mercedes act don’t get the incentive to hurry up. If such a stimulus causes their sales to drop, the coin that seems to be stuck in molasses may drop faster.

These clowns are just as clueless as ever. There's no reason to accord them any more respect now than before. If they are ever right it's pretty much an accident.

Of course now that they sometimes appear bullish, they get more attention around here. But their facts are still dubious and their reasoning is pathetic. Hey Adam, stay off my side! I'm not impressed that you are less wrong than Gordon Johnson. This time, anyway.

I give him slightly more credit, I remember a note from him three years ago, saying: whether you like the Model 3 design or not, get ready to seeing a lot of them on the road, including multiple times a day in some US cities.

That prediction certainly was correct. Now, he also predicted the public would grow tired of the car, and that if too many people own one, the wow-factor of owning a Tesla would disappear. I have not seen any evidence of that.

Stumbled upon this one on YouTube:
This car guy who has 1M followers is still saying CyberTruck isn’t real, Tesla’s business is all about hyping up the stock, which is the product they actually sell. You might recognize him as the TSLAQ guy who was in the JRE episode where Joe talked about CyberTruck.

Does this guy still live in a TSLAQ bubble from 2019? And this is from last Month!

For anyone who think the general public had finally understood Tesla, it appears not yet. Until then, we still have the information imbalance advantage, and there are still some rude awakening yet to happen to many people.

I find folks using words that are too emotional when talking about futures. 1.4% is slammed? Happens all the time folks.
I find E car political statements similarly meaningless, a pipe dream
I understand the need to rearview mirror bragging of selling everything yesterday but give it no merit. Better to have told it before selling! I am reminded OVER and OVER how everyone that has sold out of TSLA has been wrong
I find we give too much attention to politics

OTOH, love the pre market TSLA action...

I find folks using words that are too emotional when talking about futures. 1.4% is slammed? Happens all the time folks.
I find E car political statements similarly meaningless, a pipe dream
I understand the need to rearview mirror bragging of selling everything yesterday but give it no merit. Better to have told it before selling! I am reminded OVER and OVER how everyone that has sold out of TSLA has been wrong
I find we give too much attention to politics

OTOH, love the pre market TSLA action...
LOL, -1.4% futures doesn't happen "all the time". Start watching on a daily basis and you'll see.

UK new car registrations were just released, and... I guess you could say the Model 3 did alright.
98741807-24FF-43F2-8CF1-5A7AA42B9160.jpeg

That, along with the VW ID.3 (and possibly the Mini Electric) helped the overall BEV market share to reach a historic number this month.
D719DE22-BE95-49F6-8BC9-5CFBF219D13B.jpeg

Yes, BEVs held a higher market share than hybrids, plug-in hybrids and diesels (even including the so-called mild-hybrids).

The totals for 2020 look like this:
53FEA01F-4FCF-40C0-8D53-B68661FA2D6E.jpeg

Almost a tripling of the BEV market share compared to the previous year!

2021 will be pretty good for EVs!

Tesla stock seems to be hanging on. The Democrats will have more tax credits for renewables so it might not affect Tesla stock. I go to cash a lot because I am a day trader anyway....lol.