Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following NDX down.

Yeah, at 3.5x multiple vs the NASDAQ-100, 7x vs the S&P 500. This is shorting by MMs.

TSLA.chart.2021-01-08.14-00.png

Ah yes, just refreshed my Nasdaq ticker. Agree, looks to be a result of macros.

Not the result of macros; MMs/hedgies taking advantage of the dip in macros. Cause vs. Effect.

Gifting is allowed activity within specific rules, including stock and cash forms.

Please explain exactly what in my statement is not allowed within these rules? I really need to know

The "use" of double "quotes" implies a meaning "beyond" what is "written".

I "borrowed" a car for trip to the store to get "smokes", said the joyrider caught with a bag of Mary Jane.

Mod: Leaving this one because it was posted before my edit above. But no more! --ggr

The market averages have pulled back over the last hour after relatively conservative West Virginia US Democratic Senator Joe Manchin said he will not support boosting stimulus payments up to $2000. That also was a drag on TSLA. A rebound may have begun as investors begin to realize that some Republican senators have indicated they favor the plan.

Senator Manchin has now indicated that he is undecided regarding increased stimulus payments. Following that disclosure, the macros have picked up, although TSLA only a bit.

until I watch seabeams glitter in the dark
OT:

C-beams is an abrev. for 'Cesium' beams, a type of charged-particle plasma weapon.

The 'glitter' effect occurs when a C-beam shorts out the E-shields on their target.

<Insert obligatory shortz jib here> :p

c.f. "Tears in rain" monologue from Blade Runner (1982):

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." -- Roy Batty​

Last edited:
Hopefully that's not the actual reason, because the quotes are irrelevant to the point. I am allowed to gift stock. Someone else is allowed to gift cash. If there are limits on this, such as a "quid pro quo" exception, I would like to read about it.

Frequently Asked Questions on Gift Taxes | Internal Revenue Service

What is considered a gift?

Any transfer to an individual, either directly or indirectly, where full consideration (measured in money or money's worth) is not received in return

So you can't receive anything in return. Then it's a transaction. Pretty clear. Quid pro qou.

Kinda funny how this has to close under $850 for THEM to save any face.... actually it has to close under $850 plus whatever they sold the Calls for. SO if they sold the $850 Calls for an average $10 then they are still making money at $859.99 even tho they have to sell the shares.

Not to mention all the Retail that bought $850 Calls and were looking at good profits today just saw all those profit evaporate right before the forced 3pm sell time. This is interesting stuff to watch as I learn more about how the market can be moved around. I am wondering if retail put in their sell orders at 2pm and Robinhood or whoever front ran them to make their profits first. Then at 3pm Robinhood or whoever will sell off all retails and retail makes a lot less profit. Hey it's free trading. I guess you can complain.

Those with new found wealth from TSLA should seriously consider trading in their 6 mo old cars for a newer one! I've looked into doing just that but it is a tough sell at home when a CT is on order.

Does this count?
True story, I officially sold this '63 Buick LeSabre Convertible today. John and Marcie Snow are the proud new owners (different JS) and also the original owner back in ~1985 when I bought this car for $900... full of snow. (Sounding like a snow story here, and snowboarding last week, hmmm). In case anyone catches this, although John and I shook hands a couple months back and you've seen this car here, he has now taken possession and I watched it drive off to Utah. This LeSabre might be the only one on the planet as it is NOT a collector car. That made getting all the original only parts for this especially difficult.

It comes with plenty of spares, including a rebuilt dynaflow 2-speed tranny personally done using only the original manuals (they used to be that good). That was after AAMCO Transmission screwed me and left the core in 500 pieces before the manager left with the money and police were going to lock it up. But the actual tranny in the vehicle is fairly new NOS (I installed it right off a GM crate), rare and popular in racing I'm told. The "kick-down" rod seen on most cars for passing is different here. In this baby it's pure vane rotation inside the torque converted, like changing the pitch on a propeller in flight. Yes, it has clutch plates, but only if you change between Drive and Low on the column. It's got the hump on the floor like all of them, but this one had bucket seats and an original center console that I found after about 30 years of looking. I guess you could say I brought this one back from the dead. Sorry man.

These Buick's came with the 401 nailhead engine appropriately named by the giant size of the valves, so this engine is well aspirated except they put a 2 bbl on it, lol. I used lower compression pistons in a .040" bored block, so she runs on Reg Gas. (Some guilt here for allowing "Labomba" back on the road, but Snowman will get over it soon once it's totally finished and stored for me to drive one more time.)

I must say, the new gm logo is fitting for me today. I really do hope they can pull through the transition in earnest; I was a Chevy man but the story of the EV1, well... So, John Snow actually drove one. He's the Technical Dir of the Sedona and Telluride Film Festival and they offered the EV1 for test drives back in the day to try and get the rich and famous to like them. He says it was not the same as our Model Y for acceleration, but it was definitely the quickest accel for his time. It's so sad that GM decided to crush them all.

I'm left with a riding lawnmower is all that's remaining for ICE, and our NG home heating. The rest is Tesla Solar, PowerWalls, 3, and Y. No reason I can't fix that now. I feel I owe that at a minimum.

(Mods: My apologies if the car topic went on too long as I've been writing this for a while now and didn't know.
Kinda personal for me. Thx for understanding.)

Attachments

• 20210108_101016.jpg
    20210108_101016.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Pezpunk and Johan
The competition is coming.........with a new logo.

GM recreates itself with new logo, website, marketing campaign

Every time I think I fully comprehend how screwed the competition is, GM does some sugar like this.

Tesla: "We are building multiple gigafactories on multiple continents, employing the largest single-piece castings on a massive scale, introducing unique new cell designs and chemistries, putting the Plaid platform in to production, ramping up to produce the cyber truck and semi, announcing new models, scaling stationary storage significantly, iterating rapidly on solar roof, outpacing everybody else on sigh speed charger infrastructure, and are valued more than the next 10 auto companies combined."

GM: "We designed a new logo!"

I dont know if interviewing myself is going to glean much I didn't already know....

Got a Funny from me, but seriously - I've talked to 2 financial advisors with different firms over the last year. I'm not following their advice (sell TSLA, lock in your gains, diversify), but I have learned many useful things from those conversations.

If you're with Fidelity as I am and (apparently) your portfolio has grown large enough, then they just assign an advisor (or whatever they call it) to your account. But whether that's already happened with your broker or not, I bet you can get some free time with a financial advisor to talk shop and get additional ideas.

And yes - you'll get the sell / lock in gains / diversify message.

I may get chased by pitchforks for this, but I would be more likely to buy the Mach E than to buy a Y. The Y is just ugly, and you can't fix that with an OTA update. I have my S if I want range somewhere. All my vehicles have to be attractive to my eye, and the Mach E is a good looking car, with decent enough specs, and decent enough price.

I agree with you. However, we will probably buy the Y later this year. But, I want to test drive the Mach E first. I owned am Escape and liked how it looked but one thing I learned about Ford's today is they are constantly needing repairs. If not a repair, they want you in the shop for another update where they try to upsell you on some expensive maintenance item. Since the Y will be my wife's she has final say but we have decided on keeping the Nissan Leaf a little longer or buying a Y. The Mach E drive is more for curiosity. I really don't want another Ford. PS, my first car was a 1966 Mustang.