Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to talk myself off the ledge from selling a chunk this morning at $845. The "best investors are dead" ran through my mind and I shut my laptop and went back to fixing electrical things (mostly light fixtures) at the hospital I work at. Now that my investments have reached this level I feel like I should lock in my gains and never worry about money again. This is so distracting. Can someone talk me off the ledge again?

Perhaps you didn't see this. There's nothing I could add to it.

Someone posted a chart showing all the industries that Tesla is disrupting.
Searching through several day's of post's (man you folks are verbose) I can't find it.

If anyone could link it...thanks!
I am going to print it off as a handy tool to hand to folks who question Tesla's high valuation.

I already saved a copy for this very purpose.

I am long aware of this. But they don't re-invent EVERYTHING. I.e. the cars still use Brembo brakes, 3rd party tires, etc. They have to see enough value in doing it themselves, and that must have been the case with chip design.

Yeah, but even at that they worked with Brembo to customize the brakes to reduce the the drag. Do they have an exclusive agreement for that design or can Brembo share it with anyone?

Yeah, but even at that they worked with Brembo to customize the brakes to reduce the the drag. Do they have an exclusive agreement for that design or can Brembo share it with anyone?

Brembo works with all kinds of manufacturers to build custom brakes to their specifications. Porsche uses Brembo brakes, but they are specific to their cars (and customized per model, just like Tesla).

I read through about 50 comments and 100% of those people believe Tesla is a great company but wildly overvalued. This is exactly what people thought in 2019, and exactly what we want to see. I thought maybe people were starting to understand TSLA, but this gives me extreme confidence that we're still only in the middle of this AMZN-like growth phase in TSLA.
How many of them have even a faint clue about the Tesla markets. They are all thinking about zero sum games.

Anybody here already did the math on the current „active-underweight-funds-squeeze“?

see the theory here:
https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1347537523917012996?s=21

I am looking for specific boundary calculations on what would happen to the current stock price if EVERY fund that is benchmarked to the S&P would get equal weight TSLA in a very short time period. (I see huge buying pressure because TSLA is already hugely overperforming S&P in 2021)

update:

Franks model here would suggest a short term SP of >1200 to me if my numbers are ballpark correct and the squeeze theory holds true:
[URL="https://teslainvestor.blogspot.com/2020/11/teslas-s-500-inclusion-part-2.html?m=1"]Tesla's S&P 500 Inclusion Part 2: Predicting the transformation of the TSLA float[/URL]

What are your short term predictions?

Anybody here already did the math on the current „active-underweight-funds-squeeze“?

see the theory here:
https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1347537523917012996?s=21

I am looking for specific boundary calculations on what would happen to the current stock price if EVERY fund that is benchmarked to the S&P would get equal weight TSLA in a very short time period. (I see huge buying pressure because TSLA is already hugely overperforming S&P in 2021)

People here did predictions like this in Nov/Dec when S&P inclusion was announced. Their predictions spanned a VERY wide range. Most also thought that buying would happen within 1-2 weeks of the inclusion date.

As you can see, most (all?) were wrong and we are still seeing buying because the MMs didn't follow expectations.

TL;DR - anyone's guess as to what is going to happen short term.

People here did predictions like this in Nov/Dec when S&P inclusion was announced. Their predictions spanned a VERY wide range. Most also thought that buying would happen within 1-2 weeks of the inclusion date.

As you can see, most (all?) were wrong and we are still seeing buying because the MMs didn't follow expectations.

TL;DR - anyone's guess as to what is going to happen short term.

Yes but there have to be calculations on how the float changed through buying in the last weeks after inclusion. This price action for 11 green trading days is very unnatural to my eye.

Reactions: BornToFly
2024-2027...why bother?
How long did it take Tesla to get to the Model S?
In 1976 I drove a Hyundai Pony in Kuwait. They were infinitesimal then. What other auto company has successfully grown from nothing much. Honda in 1967 comes to mind.
Apple and Hyundai could make something quite excellent. I would expect it.
This is the first effort that I would bet on. Come to think of it, I already did!
Tesla needs competent competition.
It will not be easy for them. OTOH they both have credibility.