Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ooooh, a whole new way that Elon is ruining people's lives: Elon Musk said it was ‘Not a Flamethrower’ – TechCrunch

Read all about people in prison, home raids, and on and on. I couldn't read it all. Apparently law enforcement all over the world is not amused.

No doubt TSLA will tank on the news. Well, probably not.
FWIW, I never heard of this story from Italian media or social networks, and I was watching all things Tesla and Musk. Probably only the author of the post heard of it.

Wow this article is reaching...

Opinion: 5 reasons why 2021 just might be the year GM’s stock price stands up to Tesla

Opinion: 5 reasons why 2021 just might be the year GM’s stock price stands up to Tesla

"It’s difficult to see these numbers and think GM will ever be worth your attention as an investor. However, the company has notched some significant wins lately that could mean things are turning around.

It may never deliver Tesla-like gains, but increasingly 2021 is looking like the year GM finally proves it has a place in the future of the automotive sector — and that could result in a nice bump for its share price in the short term.

Here’s why General Motors may have a chance of holding its own in the coming months:
* Recent momentum
* Cruise partnership
* EV evolution
* Valuation
* Truck margins matter"

Porsche Pits Taycan Turbo Against 911 GT3 RS & 911 GT3 Cup: Track & Drag

Porsche puts some of it's fastest ICE sports cars against it's EV Taycan turbo.

Though it may look like a Porsche video on it's surface - it does a remarkable job of opening the eyes of some die hard sports car guys.

Once they start considering a fast EV, it becomes difficult to not at least look at Tesla when making a decision.
This is a great video. This is why Tesla doesn't need to advertise, because now that Big Auto is playing catch-up they'll need to start spending money for advertising, saving Tesla the trouble.

Let Big Auto do what they do best: spend money to make slick ads.

Let Tesla do what they do best: spend money innovating to make the best products.

Try using a scythe. Been using one for a year now. Works great, all the advantages mentioned above plus some fitness gains. Just needs a minute or two of sharpening before each use.
I think I'll stick with my Ego electric lawnmower :eek:
digital_art_Grim_Reaper_death_dark_scythe_monochrome_chess_board_games-1352699.png

As requested I like to inform that I decided to publish at Fully Charged Show.
You write that the number of id.4 is unknown. Nextmove had some numbers 2 days ago: 2000 id.4 - all being "commercial" (i.e. going to dealers for showcasing). Their own id.4s are scheduled for Q1 2020.

So it will barely make a a change in your graph ;)

Wow this article is reaching...

"It’s difficult to see these numbers and think GM will ever be worth your attention as an investor. However, the company has notched some significant wins lately that could mean things are turning around.

It may never deliver Tesla-like gains, but increasingly 2021 is looking like the year GM finally proves it has a place in the future of the automotive sector — and that could result in a nice bump for its share price in the short term.

Here’s why General Motors may have a chance of holding its own in the coming months:
* Recent momentum
* Cruise partnership
* EV evolution
* Valuation
* Truck margins matter"
Yeah I read that one...it is a real head scratcher.
Sad really.

tsla is doing third best out of about 40 stocks on my watchlist. Wasn't Biden gonna be good for environmental companies?

I demand a recount.
Tesla needs to announce a partnership with a scam hydrogen truck company and get a bump like GM. Or change their logo I guess.

Possible big advantage for Tesla in EU emissions credits etc vs legacy with dealers

"emissions data will be based upon actual registrations, not production" - registration probably different in each EU country.

Registered sale might be counted if car is at dealer OR in some countries, only if goes to end customer.

The VWs at dealers might not ALL count.

Some posts about Swiss ID3 resales - half of all sold in Switzerland up for sale.

https://twitter.com/meckimac/status/1351815636465426433

"The VW ID3 was the 3rd most sold EV in Switzerland in Q4/2020 with 698 registrations after the @tesla Model 3 and the @Groupe_Renault Zoe.

What's a bit troublesome is the big number of ID3s that are available for sale on @AutoScout24_ch: 392. That's more than 50% of all ID3s."

The VW ID3 troubles made headlines in our local newspaper: Kortsluiting teistert elektrische start van Volkswagen

Some juicy quotes:
“Plots gaan de deuren niet meer open. De ramen gaan niet meer omlaag. De boordcomputer geeft talloze foutmeldingen, en de 12 volt-startbatterij raakt niet meer opgeladen.” Suddenly the doors don’t open anymore. The window can’t be opened anymore. The main computer gives numerous error messages. The 12V battery can’t be charged anymore.

About the newspapers own ID3 test: “Er verschenen foutmeldingen, de rijhulpsystemen vielen uit, het vermogen van de elektromotor zakte in elkaar. Gekende kost voor veel ID.3-chauffeurs, van wie velen intussen hun gal spuwen op het internet. ‘Een waardeloze auto en miskleun van VW’, zegt een ID.3-eigenaar op een internetforum voor Volkswagen-fans. ‘Ik heb veel spijt dat ik deze flutauto heb gekocht.’ Een ID.3-bestuurder op Facebook bracht zijn wagen bij de garagist binnen omdat zijn richtingaanwijzer niet meer uit wilde gaan.” Error messages appeared, drive assistance features broke down, engine power collapsed. Many ID3 drivers experienced this and complain on the internet. A driver feels he made a mistake buying the car. One ID3 user on FB had to return his car ti the dealer because the direction indicators didn’t switch off anymore.

The new Golf also has numerous software problems.
There is a big software update for the ID3 this quarter, for which the car needs to be serviced in a service center for a day, because the update takes hours and the remote update doesn’t work yet.
“Want hoe schadelijk is dit voor VW’s imago? Een toonbeeld van deutsche Gründlichkeit is de affaire alleszins niet. Bij een rondvraag naar problemen met de ID.3 meldden zich verschillende eigenaars van een Tesla, die plagend opschepten dat zij met hun elektrische wagen nog geen moeilijkheden hebben ervaren.” How damaging is this for VW’s image? It’s not reflecting the ‘Deutsche Grundlichkeit’. Soliciting ID3 user experiences with the ID3, several Tesla owners teasingly bragged that they didn’t have any problems.
(End of quotes)
So the software problems with the ID3 have reached the general public. The title of the article is ‘Short circuit plagues the electric start of VW’. Something not so long ago you would expect from a Tesla article.

You write that the number of id.4 is unknown. Nextmove had some numbers 2 days ago: 2000 id.4 - all being "commercial" (i.e. going to dealers for showcasing). Their own id.4s are scheduled for Q1 2020.

So it will barely make a a change in your graph ;)

The numbers in my charts are all official numbers from the Automakers. If I add together the European registrations e.g. Netherlands in Dec or Germany (kba) of ID.4 I have some numbers too but wanted to stay very clean with the charts as the haters, trolls, and naysayers jump on it and try to undermine the message.

Anyway thanks for informing and agree it would not make a difference in any case to include them as they are comparably small. However its also fair to say the ID.3 is just a few months out and the 2021 graph will look different.