Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!??!"!
The President is resigning already!

Huh, I have so little (less than non) in other nations actually committing and keeping promises that I don't give a flip. Climate issues are being addressed by the market and nothing else. The whole Paris accord is a giant plate of steaming bull excrement being served to naive citizens from China to Germany but especially in the EU.

They claim to be using "green" energy by burning woodchips grown by converting healthy dynamic Native forest in the US into monoculture pine plantations that are fertilized sprayed etc. Nothing good, sustainable, or useful about swapping locked up carbon for biomass carbon. Especially when the production of the biomass carbon destroys hundreds of thousands of acres of real forest...that was actually locking up carbon. That's just one example of the hypocracy. Here's another...paying Chinese coal fired plants that are due to be shuttered huge payments to stop production and claiming carbon offsets. Meanwhile...China burns even more coal.

Tesla and solar power have some possibility of solving climate change. Kill utilities, oil, and auto transport. That might get us somewhere. Paris treaty...just don't see it.

Tesla and solar power have some possibility of solving climate change. Kill utilities, oil, and auto transport. That might get us somewhere. Paris treaty...just don't see it.

I'm in general agreement, I would not say climate treaties are a waste of time, but they have only made a minor contribution so far.

In terms of accelerating the mission of sustainable energy and transport Tesla has done far more than any treaty process or any government.

Every nation will be moving to clean energy and transport, China is pragmatic, but they want to end oil imports ASAP.
They are only burning coal because their energy needs exceed what they can currently make with clean energy.
Even in China, clean energy is cheaper ,the Chinese are smart enough and pragmatic enough to realize this.

For Tesla there are a number of compounding benefits:-
  • The businesses are in sectors of the economy that are naturally expanding.
  • Higher sales drives more price reductions as a result of of leaning curves, lower prices keep driving demand.
  • These are new industries, R&D and improved products can make a difference further driving demand.
  • The mission is motivating for customers and employees.
  • Tesla will get credit for accelerating clean energy and transport for decades after the mission is accomplished.
  • Tesla's values and image strongly align with the younger generation, below the age of 25 there are lots of aspirational buyers.
For the competition, specially ICE cars, oil, coal and gas, the future is not bright. That is because the alternative is getting better and cheaper each day, public awareness is growing, and their businesses are in terminal decline.

Climate treaties may have inspired some countries, states or regions to introduce some incentives for clean energy and transport, that has helped. But IMO without Tesla 100% clean transport would take at least 15-30 years longer, climate treaties only resulted in slow progress.

This is a day that will be long remembered. It has seen the end of Thanos, and soon it will see the end of the Rebellion.

Jim Chanos is no longer short Tesla, but he's still betting against the stock

Looks like even with all of the Infinity Stones, he couldn't defeat Tony Stark. Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same for short sellers.

Next on the list is Dr. Michael Burry. Time for The Big Long.
I watched The Big Short and The China Hustle.
Does Michael Burry think TSLA is the housing market?

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including Dec 11th shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $718.19B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $457.28B

Mkt Cap req'd for 8th tranche ($450B) was likely achieved today Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones are req'd for this tranche.
Paging @The Accountant

With the Market Cap for the 8th Tranche likely achieved in Q1, I am estimating that the Operational Milestone of $10B Adjusted EBITDA will be achieved in 2022 resulting in the vesting of Tranche 8 for Elon in 2022.

Tranches 1-4 have Vested for Elon
Tranche 5 was achieved in Q4 2020 and will vest in Q1 2021 when the Board certifies it.
Tranches 6 & 7 will likely vest in 2021
Tranche 8 wll liekly vest in 2022
upload_2021-1-20_21-50-57.png

Going out on a limb here....TSLA will rocket tomorrow. :D
Not sure about tomorrow, but it seems like the graph shows MM are holding it down to keep max pain as happy as possible (what else is new!). Also will go out on a limb and say it will be a huge buy on the news event for Q4 earnings. I do feel that there hasn't been enough buying for benchmark funds as well as ETFs. I think Q4 earnings will largely solidify this and the mass buying will conclude in March/April. I'll continue to be bullish with my selling of puts, HODL my nice pile of core shares and growing pile of LEAPs.

FYI, I take the money earned from selling puts that expire worthless and buy LEAPs (March 2022 and 2023).

@Papafox
Just wanted to pass along a big Thank You for your very informative daily posts on TSLA. Like many, I read your posts daily and appreciate your insight, hunches, and hypotheses into why the stock moves as it does. Happily we seem to have moved beyond the time when media FUD alone was enough to send the stock careening and now seem to be entering a period where Tesla's growth prospects seem to be appreciated by Wall Street - or at least some on Wall Street. Please keep up the good fight!

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Reuters - this evening: Tesla fourth-quarter registrations in California jump 63%: data

Excerpt:

Tesla Inc's vehicle registrations in the U.S. state of California jumped nearly 63% during the fourth quarter compared with last year, largely due to the success of the company's Model Y, according to data from Cross-Sell here, a research firm that collates title and registration data.

source:(TSLA) Latest Real Time Tr
With the Market Cap for the 8th Tranche likely achieved in Q1, I am estimating that the Operational Milestone of $10B Adjusted EBITDA will be achieved in 2022 resulting in the vesting of Tranche 8 for Elon in 2022.

Tranches 1-4 have Vested for Elon
Tranche 5 was achieved in Q4 2020 and will vest in Q1 2021 when the Board certifies it.
Tranches 6 & 7 will likely vest in 2021
Tranche 8 wll liekly vest in 2022
View attachment 629315

I remember when I first read about the compensation plan. I thought it was absolutely nuts.

OT:

I got my first dose of the Moderna mRNA vaccine today, and I am hopeful it doesn't mess with my DNA.

I am feeling like I can see the immediate future with perfect clarity.

In 2021 Tesla is going to sell 1 million vehicles, earn $6 / share, wow the market with 4680 cells, Plaid, and Cybertruck. FSD progress is gonna be bonkers.

[head a bit tingly]

Tesla is going to stand out as an EV leader in world with amazing growth, well except in Europe where they are in decl--- wait what?

[head aching]

Tesla is going to obliterate the competition with longer range, cheaper prices, and slave labor wages -- hey I didn't say that!

[face melting]

Tesla is clearly in a bubble. Tulip bubble. Headed to 0. Look out below

[body burning up]

Panel gaps. Norway decline. Competition is coming. Accounts payable. Fraud. Wompy wheels. Solid state batteries. Troubling signs ahead. Fires. Government subsidies. Not profitable.

Enough! What is happening?

[looks in mirror]

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

ms.jpg

Huh, I have so little (less than non) in other nations actually committing and keeping promises that I don't give a flip. Climate issues are being addressed by the market and nothing else. The whole Paris accord is a giant plate of steaming bull excrement being served to naive citizens from China to Germany but especially in the EU.

They claim to be using "green" energy by burning woodchips grown by converting healthy dynamic Native forest in the US into monoculture pine plantations that are fertilized sprayed etc. Nothing good, sustainable, or useful about swapping locked up carbon for biomass carbon. Especially when the production of the biomass carbon destroys hundreds of thousands of acres of real forest...that was actually locking up carbon. That's just one example of the hypocracy. Here's another...paying Chinese coal fired plants that are due to be shuttered huge payments to stop production and claiming carbon offsets. Meanwhile...China burns even more coal.

Tesla and solar power have some possibility of solving climate change. Kill utilities, oil, and auto transport. That might get us somewhere. Paris treaty...just don't see it.[/QU

upload_2021-1-20_20-33-41.png

SpaceX
Today's SpaceX launch with real, measureable, life changing results. At countdown T-00-11:28 SpaceX talks about one of its first Starlink customers, Pikangikum First Nations Reserve of 2500 people in a remote Canadian area only accessible by plane. Prior to last week they had no high speed internet service. Due to covid they as well have been impacted and their children are not able to attend schools for learning. Can you image what you would do without high speed internet? Pikangikum internet speed has gone from 3 Mbps to 130 Mbps, thanks to SpaceX. This is life transforming. So proud to be a part of Elon's vision, if only as an investor in Tesla.

Meanwhile, in Ojibwe Country....

Bq_tDwrCEAAnETG.jpg

Cheers!

I guess you have a short memory. I had a lot of comments about his irrational focus on little stuff while not seeing the bigger picture. Now that he's sold all his shares, like a complete investor newbie, he makes an entire video about a frunk that has a misadjusted latch or hood standoff bumpers. Maybe he should look at my F-150 that has been leaking rainwater into the cab since day 1 (and that Ford dealers can't fix).

You're being kind. Sandy also was rebuffed after asking (on Twitter) for Tesla engineering help on the Arcimoto 3-wheel EV. Elon replied that 3-wheelers are inherently less safe (undeniably true). Now Sandy has some sort of business/engineering relationship with Arcimoto.

It may just be coincidence that Sandy sold his TSLA shares at that time, and now has the taste of sour grapes in his mouth. But there's no evidence of that, either.

Unless Tesla's new 'robovision' Q&A inspection cameras have an archived photograph of the "5 mm panel gap" on the passenger side front door of his 2021 Model 3.

Then there'd be evidence.