Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New S uses new chemistry but still 18650, continuing to use 18650 for a few more years.

Edit: I should say "new cells"...I assumed that meant chemistry but it might be something slightly different.

Probably includes more silicon in the Anode, perhaps few electrolyte additives etc.

Essentially using some of the relevant Battery Day and Jeff Dahn R&D.

Just realized there's no mention of charge rate on new S. Any guesses on that?
The website pages indicate 250kw charging for both S and X.
Capture.JPG

Elon said the Cybertruck rear casting would be done on a new 8000lb machine. The largest existing casting is done by Tesla using 6000's for Model Y.
They must be very confident that their casting technologies are now mature. They did say they were operating the 6000's "at capacity".

2021 will be amazing! all the previous posts are equally amazing information disclosed today.

There’s a lot of uncertainty in this call. More than any in recent memory. This explains the sharp drop since the call started. I’m still confident long term, but short term is not as good as I expected.

Edit: And now Elon adding to the uncertainty about him being CEO long term....

Not sure how you've gotten "uncertainty" from this call. I mean he clearly said he won't be retiring for many years

There’s a lot of uncertainty in this call. More than any in recent memory. This explains the sharp drop since the call started. I’m still confident long term, but short term is not as good as I expected.

1. Lots of uncertainty because there's a lot of huge stuff coming down the pike. Naturally.
2. Glad he mentioned he won't be CEO forever. Plant the seed. The guy's only (mostly) human, people can't expect him to be around until he's 100.

Tesla don't need to raise more money, fight off short sellers, or keep wall street happy any more. They are a profitable, cash-rich S&P500 firm now. They simply don't need to tell the press and their competitors everything they are doing any more.

But does't that count as a distribution if your shares are in IRAs?

I've been looking into these with my taxable account, but I don't see why it would be a distribution. The mortgage broker just looks at the account to see what the total assets are, then gives a mortgage. The assets aren't touched.

The mortgage broker takes your assets, divides by the length of the mortgage, and uses that as the "income" to determine loan qualification instead of the actual income.