Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like people expecting dip (gary black, bigpeepee and others) are right.
I do not see what can move prices up in short-term unless Tesla is hiding something big.
Further downward movement is possible.

Please do not shoot messenger. I am only looking at facts. It is not possible to TSLA to "moon" unless there is big positive catalyst. I think it is wrong for people to bully those looking at TSLA logically especially when these people were right in the end and the vast majority of people in this thread were wrong. Please do not become like TSLAQ. The amount of downvotes and suspensions that bigpeepee received when he was stating facts and ended up being right makes me think this community may not be a good source of investment advice. It is TOO BIASED and creates "euphoria".

Shooting you with frozen paintballs to help you CHILL a bit. :D

Contrary to popular belief, stonks don't always go up. Could be worse. We could be invested in Doordash

upload_2021-2-22_19-45-20.png

Further dip does not imply stock price will converge to zero. You are being illogical if you think TSLA can move up significantly without any positive catalysts.
You are one of the people who consistently disagreed with bigpeepee. Have you admitted that you were wrong?
LoL, Tesla moves up and down without news like every day. Negative or positive catalysts are not required at all so I don't know what you are talking about.

It looks like people expecting dip (gary black, bigpeepee and others) are right.
I do not see what can move prices up in short-term unless Tesla is hiding something big.
Further downward movement is possible.

Please do not shoot messenger. I am only looking at facts. It is not possible to TSLA to "moon" unless there is big positive catalyst. I think it is wrong for people to bully those looking at TSLA logically especially when these people were right in the end and the vast majority of people in this thread were wrong. Please do not become like TSLAQ. The amount of downvotes and suspensions that bigpeepee received when he was stating facts and ended up being right makes me think this community may not be a good source of investment advice. It is TOO BIASED and creates "euphoria".
When do you see us moving below $500? Thursday?

Lol......this "rotation" game has been played about 3 or 4 times in the last few months. Each time lasting about a week.

Volatility is the new game. JPMorgan advertises it all over Bloomberg every day. "Let us help you navigate the new world of volatility."

Ima play dead for 4 or 5 years.

The upwards movement last year was caused by shorts covering along with S&P500 inclusion. Those are major catalysts which will not happen again this year.

So we are back to the fundamentals, like eventually 20 Million EVs per year and 3 TWh of cell production each year. and working Robo-Taxis..

IMO Tesla is likely to hit all of these targets by 2030... and there are many other opportunities too numerous to mention.

Short-term - sometimes time-the-market works out well, but buy-and-hold always works out well.

We don't need to put the stop watch on Tesla, they move plenty fast enough.

Yes, and eventually the market will price all these in when it becomes more obvious. Do I think the market will price these in in the short-term? Gary Black does not think so. I do not either.

When the market fully prices everything in, it is a bit too late to invest.

We are talking different time horizons and motivations here, short term price movements don't bother me, if I'm confident about the long term outcome.

We need to wait and see if Gary gets back in at a good price, a bad price, or never gets back in.

Hmmm...Let's travel back in time to the time when investors were becoming more fearful that COVID might impact the value of their investment in TSLA, say March 2020, less than a year ago. COVID was relatively new to the world and people were wondering if it might crash the market and cause their recent TSLA gains to evaporate.

TSLA was trading at (checks chart) let's see, under $100. Hmmm, I would say Fact Checking was handing out valuable advice, not misleading investors as you seem to imply.

I was saying much the same thing- it would be foolish to sell based on fear of COVID. Think of all the poor people who sold at prices as low as $70 a split adjusted share! People would kill to be able to buy TSLA at $70/share less than a year later!
My recollection is that @EVWatcher is correct.

@FactChecking did downplay the potential impact of COVID and excessively too I felt at the time.

Nevertheless, I held.

I’ll continue to hold even though we’re not out of the woods.

I’m as long-term bullish as anyone here, but, as a general observation, some assessments can come across as boosterism and that is counterproductive.

Reactions: JRP3 and FireMedic
Been going through couple of pages. What a doom-and-gloom. When was it when we were all celebrating when it closed above $700, two/three months ago? I thought we were all long TSLA. What is two or three months in a long position?

I know what you mean. It's confounding but this same thing happens whenever TSLA share price sheds more than 15-20%. o_O

I just chalk it up to a hunch that TSLA investors, on average, must be younger, less experienced and perhaps a little more naive about the way markets work. At least that's the best explanation I can come up with. o_O

When the market fully prices everything in, it is a bit too late to invest.

We are talking different time horizons and motivations here, short term price movements don't bother me, if I'm confident about the long term outcome.

We need to wait and see if Gary gets back in at a good price, a bad price, or never gets back in.

Personally, I was wrong about short-term as well. I predicted that the price will stagnate a bit until the next major catalyst. With short interest at only 6%, buying pressure is now much lower.
The only difference is that I kept an open mind about the possibility of large dips due to no major positive catalyst. I was shocked to see this entire board attack bigpeepee for drawing a reasonable conclusion. One person said the market will buy in and frontrun everything. What this person fails to understand is that only happens AFTER the market's opinion changes and their opinion changes from a catalyst. Guess which post got 40 disagrees and which got 40 agrees.

I can not stress this enough. The market does not believe Tesla can achieve 20 million sales and robotaxis. It is up to Tesla to convince the market that they can achieve these metrics. The market is not going to randomly price these in with no news or new information. That makes no sense. Why was bigpeepee attacked for making that argument? That is a correct assessment. What we saw last year when Tesla went up with no news is due to shorts covering and keeping the buying pressure high. That will not happen again with short interest at only 5-6%.

Last edited:
Remember when I said we were at/close to the local top at around the 800ish mark and then several members here flamed me, saying that dips were not a possibility? :D

Everything is playing out like I wanted it to. TSLA is following a similar pattern to the GME short squeeze: people holding a stock isn't enough for the price to move upwards; people have to also buy the stock. There are not many people who believe TSLA is a buy at the $800 mark, so people are holding, but not buying. There is no major catalyst for TSLA in the short-term, so I expect the slow bleed to continue for months. TSLA needs to either have a blowout quarter or make major progress with FSD for the next upwards movement. Q1 and Q2 will both fall short of expectations, I predict. FSD won't be solved this year, and there will be no hype for it. Don't be surprised if this is a bearish year for TSLA.

I hope TSLA falls to the sub-$500 price range so I can load up with my bitcoin gains when it hits $500,000+.

Still can't believe people here thought that TSLA would continue its parabolic rise this year. Just LOL... :oops:

Nailed it.

You’ve been a member for months and have a total of 10 posts. Half of those coming in the last 10 minutes. Sorry if some of us think you’re just trolling.
I find new folks at and more effort from those already at the troll bank reassuring during these downdrafts.

If there were crickets, I might actually get concerned. Well ok, not really. ;)