Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inflation is still in line with Fed's projections. I researched more into it and there are some long winded theories but we aren't allowed to talk macros here unless it directly relates to the stock. :(

Just start sentence with Tesla might be impacted by macros and do the rest. I have see this technique used even by mods when saying a joke ;)

e.g I am drinking beer today, because Tesla SP is Red. The color of my beer bottle is also red :) OT time . cheers!!

So is this bond traders having a temper tantrum or are we really heading for hyperinflation? I still don't know.
Pre Covid we were hyper inflation, I remember using dollar bills as toilet paper.

Then during Covid it was hyper deflation, I had to exchange my dollar bills for real toilet paper but they were so cheap everything was out of stock, so I ended up using dollar bills anyways.

Now we are going to post Covid era, meaning hyper inflation so .. I'm using dollar bills to wipe either way.

Last edited:
So is this bond traders having a temper tantrum or are we really heading for hyperinflation? I still don't know.
Sources suggest is a combination of many things:
The Fed allowed banks to hold more treasuries on their balance sheet starting 4/1/2020. This is set to expire 3/31/2021. Unfortunately, the Fed has not communicated what it has in mind after 3/31/2021.
Mortgage lenders are selling longer dated treasuries as they take on more longer duration mortgage loans.
There's another liquidity crisis in the bond market where T-bills are favored over longer dated T-notes and bonds.
Algos shorting bonds like there's no tomorrow.
Traders are hoping to get bond cheap when the Treasury begins dumping a big load on the market to finance the next stim package.
Commodity prices have been going up steadily, signaling inflation on the horizon. Today commodity prices take a big hit which coincided with US10Y crashing below 1.4%.

Last edited:
Pre Covid we were hyper inflation, I remember using dollar bills as toilet paper.

Then during Covid it was hyper deflation, I had to exchange my dollar bills for real toilet paper but they were so cheap everything was out of stock, so I ended up using dollar bills anyways.

Now we are going to post Covid era, meaning hyper inflation so .. I'm using dollar bills to wipe either way.
Let me get this right, you're saying that you got wiped out in these wild market swings?

NPR - hour ago: Energy Secretary Granholm: Texas Outages Show Need For Changes To U.S. Power Systems

Excerpt:

Critics have also attacked the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy as prohibitively expensive. But a recent analysis by the World Resources Institute found that investing in clean energy generates more jobs than investing in fossil fuels due to the more labor-intensive nature of today's clean energy systems.

In her interview with NPR, Granholm called the transition to clean energy "a huge market opportunity for fossil companies to diversify," and argued that even if jobs are lost in the fossil fuel industry, "there could be millions that will be created in clean energy."

I've never purchased a call before (sold some covered calls against my current TSLA holdings since 2018) but the January 2022 call at $800 has been looking better and better lately. I know the premium is something like $14k (which is way down since a few weeks ago based on the SP movement the last week), but looking Tesla's plan for 2021 I couldn't see things going up from where we are today. Although I believe in Tesla buying something with such a high premium scares me.

There are many people on this forum that understand things much better than me but I feel like this logic makes sense. Any advice on TSLA calls or anything related would be great!

Sources suggest is a combination of many things:
The Fed allowed banks to hold more treasuries on their balance sheet starting 4/1/2020. This is set to expire 3/31/2021. Unfortunately, the Fed has not communicated what it has in mind after 3/31/2021.
Mortgage lenders are selling longer dated treasuries as they take on more longer duration mortgage loans.
There's another liquidity crisis in the bond market where T-bills are favored over longer dated T-notes and bonds.
Algos shorting bonds like there's no tomorrow.
Traders are hoping to get bond cheap when the Treasury begins dumping a big load on the market to finance the next stim package.
Commodity prices have been going up steadily, signaling inflation on the horizon. Today commodity prices take a big hit which coincided with US10Y crashing below 1.4%.

Nice. If I only spoke China (sic)