Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can options ratios indicate a bottom?

$AAPL, $PLTR, and $NIO look like they have found a bottom, but $TSLA seems to be ... hmmm likely to drop more?

$AAPL 1.874m (66% call 34% put)
$TSLA 1.434m (51% call 49% put)
$PLTR 1.181m (79% call 21% put)
$NIO 876k (63% call 37% put)

AH seems to indicate no one is safe.

Tomorrow hopefully is the final part of the C wave of the ABC correction.

I guess I've had better luck with my Instacart purchases, all my produce has been acceptable quality. I may never go inside a store to shop for groceries again. Pick stuff online from my couch, pull up to the front of the store, wait a few minutes, and it all comes out to my truck and gets loaded in the back.

There is nothing like browsing the actual product to see what is fresh, ripe, and good that day.

I keep giving my shopper instructions on how to pick a Cantaloupe melon but they can't seem to pick a sweet one.

I prefer Fuji apples. On any given day Pink Ladys may be fresher and on sale.(sales don't always show up on instacart)

For me, instacart is for pandemics or when you simply have physical challenges getting through the store.

I was going to reply but thought better of it...but.... now I reconsidered.

Leaving a ton of cash to my kids is not something I plan on doing.
I provided as much support and help as I could and feel now that they are out in the river of life they better take those lessons and swim.

Of course I am there for them if they need me...but.....I have mountains to conquer.....and islands to buy.

I want them to feel the thrill of victory earned...... not handed down.

Small sample size notwithstanding some of the worst people I have ever known were rich kids who had been gifted their riches.

Plus I already have given them a huge head start buy endlessly talking about the best investment ever...(the last few weeks that has been a tougher sell)
In my will, my son gets about 1/3 of our wealth. Another 1/3 is divided among various relatives. Another 1/3 to charity. He needs to earn his retirement at least a little bit.

You can buy them now for $618 each..

(Doh!, UnknownSoldier beat me to the punch)
At a presumed CAGR of 50% from Dec 31, 2020 the SP would have an expected value of about $1,637 on March 17, 2023.

Buying 2 LEAPs for that expiry date costs $56,200 and has an terminal expected value of $327,400 for the term. That's about 6:1 leverage (and 125% CAGR over 2.2 yrs)

Buying the same 200 shares @ $618 costs about $123,600 for the same end value, about 2.65:1 leverage (and unsurprisingly 50% CAGR).

Difference is the risk profile. LEAPS have more risks, more rewards. Buying stock is like a buying a non-expiring LEAP with 1:1 leverage. But it's stock is not without risk, either... ;)

Cheers!

My yard is coming along. All I see is CyberTruck flagstone. Starting a new fad here, now. CyberDeck!

20210304_142205.jpg

First I was like “Ack!”
Then I was like “Boy!”
Hopefully tomorrow comes the “Crap!” part.
Macros seem to be doing better than what the rate increase suggest for now. There will be a point that no one gives a crap about bond yields...because bond yields WILL go up from barely nothing...which never correlated with anything ever before except today for whatever reason.

Fed raising rates = different story. Calling BS to the Fed is speculation. Jim Crammer was talking about 2015 inflation scare..all it did was scare since no inflation happened. Inflation in 2015 was 0.12%, while it was 1.26% in 2016. So where the F is all this inflation?

Last edited:
I guess Tesla is reasonable and every BEV startup and legacy automaker is unreasonable.

This could just be my poor assumption, but I always thought that nobody took Tesla up on the offer because no car manufacturer had a meaningful number of cars - outside of China - that had the capacity to charge above level 2 charge rate, so there really wouldn't be any benefit to them to take Tesla up on the deal yet?

Bolt max charge is 50kw (120amp)

Taycan gets 150kw max but how many of those are there out there?