Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is pretty obvious if you think ahead like Elon does.

Miss Universe will eventually just be Miss Earth vs Miss Mars.

How do you get men to want go to Mars? You need beautiful women there. How do you get the women there? Hold a Miss Mars contest.
I would think that should be called Miss Solar System... the human race has got a long way to go before we can even hold a Miss Galaxy contest and there will probably be way more than just humans competing.

I can't wait!

If I know Elon, he didn't get involved in a beauty pageant because he thought it was a great opportunity to ogle some young beauties who might think a "quark" must be a clique of quirky people, nor did he do it to further sexist stereotypes - quite the opposite. I'm guessing he wants to change beauty pageants for the better. I'm pretty sure he wants to be an advocate for intellectual achievements and abilities and to have these attributes appropriately weighted in the judging criteria. Elon wants to empower young women and bring beauty pageants into the modern era.

He's all about trying to make the world a better place and he's not afraid to crawl down into the creepy circles of people that run these things in order to make them better. And if this gets more intelligent and beautiful young women to aspire to Tesla ownership, he has created some great marketing, the kind you can't buy. A new Tesla will probably be one of the top pageant awards and the winner will represent, not only physical beauty, but also superior mental abilities and toughness. Elon thinks years ahead and he loves to fix two bugs by changing one line of code. What a great marketing opportunity! Elon is always working to better the world.

This is why I invest in Tesla. Anyone trying to portray this as some kind of negative needs to look a little deeper beneath the surface. Because it's absolutely brilliant!

I do like your line of thinking in this regard. It will be interesting to see where Elon takes things... but he will keep it S3XY! 😀

This is so true. A friend and I have gone back and forth several times about how he wants a fast charging station at his local gas station. I've explained several times that he has a three car garage, plenty of electrical capacity, and that there is no reason why he needs a fast charging station so close to home. Despite being a very smart and successful person, he can't seem to wrap his head around the concept of home charging. 🤷‍♂️
I find describing it as "The cell-phone model, you just plug it in every night and forget about it, and you always have a full charge the next morning" usually is a concept people can grasp. If they want to talk further, then Superchargers are the equivalent of plugging your phone in to to a USB port for some extra juice on the rare occasions you need it. If folks don't have home charging available, substitute "or work charging" in the example above.

They floated the name to gauge the reaction. They did it two days before April fools because that allowed them to either keep the name if it was well received, or claim it was an early April Fools day joke if it wasn't. They think they're pretty clever. Like they can get away with things.
You mean like getting away with cheating on emissions tests for over a decade?

I assume Tesla will release numbers after market close today if really good (so you'll see a response in AH), or after after-hours/tomorrow morning if neutral or not good.

Eh, not sure the timing really means anything since we have a long weekend ahead. No pressure from Tesla to release on Fri, Sat, or Sun. Elon could be like "Yeah I want to make shorts/bears sweat it all weekend" if he knows the numbers are good. I do think numbers come out tomorrow though

Reactions: saniflash
Slow day? Musk Miss Universe posts? Silly people. Isn't it obvious?

mars needs women poster.jpg

Not only that, but it looks like they have WAY less robots than Tesla did even for the Model S line. That won't allow them to scale much. I know it's a more expensive product, but remember Tesla just barely got by, with no competition, at 50k/year production rates...

On the other hand, they do have deep pockets in their Saudi owners...
Even with deep pockets, which btw Tesla has one now, Lucid could be at $10-20k cost disadvantage, or more. And unless they have superior technology, I don’t see how they can reduce that gap competing in same segment (they can remain a small niche player). If EV rebate puts Tesla on equal grounds, I see Lucid having a tough path. Unlike GM or Volkswagen they will have hard time cross subsidizing across product lines.

Model S was competing with gasoline car and had no equal competition.

Basically Lucid can survive for now with deep pockets but will always be chasing Tesla from a point of disadvantage.

I think one of the play for Lucid will be getting bought out by a bigger player (or say Apple).

Eh, not sure the timing really means anything since we have a long weekend ahead. No pressure from Tesla to release on Fri, Sat, or Sun

I agree there's no pressure, but I think they like to get them out as quickly as possible as a matter of habit, unless they think it's market-moving in which case they strategize slightly.

Reactions: StarFoxisDown!
I think one of the play for Lucid will be getting bought out by a bigger player (or say Apple).
That, or you’re going to see the “What do I do with my $170K EV now that the manufacturer is out of business?” headlines.

I wanted to like Lucid, but they are making it very difficult. That “clarity of vision” quote from Rawlinson reeks of smugness that makes me want them to face plant.

At least there’s still Rivian — they may be legit and I’m rooting for them.

That, or you’re going to see the “What do I do with my $170K EV now that the manufacturer is out of business?” headlines.

I wanted to like Lucid, but they are making it very difficult. That “clarity of vision” quote from Rawlinson reeks of smugness that makes me want them to face plant.

You mean the company that had several employees steal Tesla IP for?

Rawlinson is smug, so what. Rivian actively harmed Tesla and is being sued for it. Two totally different universes of shame.

You mean the same Rivian that is currently being sued by Tesla for IP theft 🙄 No thanks.

Real luxury is having a driver or chauffer - once FSD is wide release - that's like having a personal driver that you dont have to keep paying!
Building on it... Tesla First Commercial could be a rehash of the Grey Poupon Commercial... An S and an X stopped at the light, Loud music is coming from both cars but in a perfect mix..one is classical and the other rap. (The musics become one under the restructuring and melding of someone famous for such. Personally I'd prefer an EDM vibe like was done with Benny and the Jets).
The Window rolls down on the S, Martha Stewart is seen inside the vehicle, There is a table for two with a classic formal dinner setting; linen table cloth etc, tasteful centerpiece. There is a companion across from her. Candles lit.
The X next to her has a window slightly cracked with smoke coming out of it. She reaches out with a stylish but diminutive cane and taps the window of the X where smoke can clearly be seen coming out of, the door gull-wings up on that side. A hazy cloud of smoke bellows out and up, inside is My Man Snoop chillin with homeboy Elon,. He leans out, happy to see Martha...
Music fades or completely stops.
"Pardon me, but do you have some grey poupon?"
Snoop Pops up his shades, looks at elon, Elon looks at the sauces of which they have several that they have available for the ribs they are barbequing on the grill (hence the smoke), and pick out the Mustard-based "South Carolina Hog Dressin' Sauce," and tosses it to Martha with a, "Closest we got."
She replies with a thank you. Snoop saids something Snoopy.
Window and door closes. Music resumes. FSD's have the cars go their own ways.

Last edited:
You mean the company that had several employees steal Tesla IP for?

Rawlinson is smug, so what. Rivian actively harmed Tesla and is being sued for it. Two totally different universes of shame.
Yeah, I suppose I should dislike them, too. Hiring people for their trade secrets is nothing new, but they seem like they’ve made that a pillar of the business strategy.

At least they may ship a product.

Ok, back to only rooting for Tesla, I guess. Speaking of which, a little magic from the power hour would be nice today. This selling feels just like the entire last month and I’m kind of done with looking at descending trendlines.

”Interestingly, Tesla’s lawsuit does not concern Tesla’s technological trade secrets. Instead, the lawsuit focuses on the stolen employee recruitment and compensation information, including “base pay rates, target bonuses, new hire equity awards, and incentive-based compensation numbers.” Tesla believes that Rivian intends to use this highly-sensitive information to poach even more Tesla employees. Considering that 13 of Rivian’s talent recruiters previously worked at Tesla, Tesla’s concern appears substantiated.

It is worth noting that Rivian is heavily funded by Amazon...”